GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

JSN is a ***** legend.

Andy Samberg Movie Awards 2016 GIF

I can’t wait until we have a defense! Knowles starts tomorrow! 🏆

Congrats on the Rose Bowl win, Yolo!  A great comeback!  Penn State crapped the bed vs Arkansas.  No defense.  The QB kept running keepers, even I could see coming...and the defense couldn't stop it.  Not happy that Clifford is returning for another year.  Oh well.  Michigan didn't represent well in the final 4 either.  So...I expect Ohio State to recapture the Big 10 title next year.  

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Congrats on the Rose Bowl win, Yolo!  A great comeback!  Penn State crapped the bed vs Arkansas.  No defense.  The QB kept running keepers, even I could see coming...and the defense couldn't stop it.  Not happy that Clifford is returning for another year.  Oh well.  Michigan didn't represent well in the final 4 either.  So...I expect Ohio State to recapture the Big 10 title next year.  

Thanks - we have no defense either. Hoping our new DC makes some big changes. We need players too - gotta hit the portal. Will be interesting to see the preseason rankings for the Big Ten…

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks - we have no defense either. Hoping our new DC makes some big changes. We need players too - gotta hit the portal. Will be interesting to see the preseason rankings for the Big Ten…

Yolo, if Chris Allen comes back to school next season (he just might after suffering a bad injury and missing the season),  Alabama will be bursting at the seams with excellent OLBs.  Again, IF he comes back, they will have at least 5 OLBs that would start anywhere. In fact, even if he does not return we will probably lose one of them, and they are all great players.

It would be a reversal of fortunes from this season. Alabama probably would not have made the playoffs without Jameson and I can't stress enough how talented these OLBs are.

8 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Nice — needed safety help. 

Sorry @ArdmoreRyno  - this kid must have a great relationship with Knowles.

Is it Sept 3 yet??? I cannot wait to see this new defense. Ohio state only needs an average defense to win a title with this offense. These 4 and 5 star recruits just need coaching. Welcome Knowles!!!!

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Nice — needed safety help. 

Sorry @ArdmoreRyno  - this kid must have a great relationship with Knowles.

Nothing but love for the kid. OSU's (my OSU) secondary the past couple of seasons have been outstanding. There are several future NFL players on that defense. Wish Tanner the best of luck and hope he and coach tear it up in the B1G!!!

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Had to happen….

Stud was a good guy but they got pushed around in the biggest games. Heads were going to roll. Looks like Justin Frye from UCLA the likely replacement. 

stud also not known for putting a lot of time into recruiting 

31 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

The overhaul continues…

Does this mean Coombs is gone?

Rumor is that Coombs is going to retire

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Al get fired. I don’t think he’s a bad coach in general but I think an upgrade is needed at a place like Ohio state and Knowles is empowered to have who he wants on his staff. 

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rumor is that Coombs is going to retire

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Al get fired. I don’t think he’s a bad coach in general but I think an upgrade is needed at a place like Ohio state and Knowles is empowered to have who he wants on his staff. 

Al Washington may be a good coach and a good person, but his resume at Ohio State for recruiting* and on-field results is terrible.  Not sure we can call him anything other than a bust. 

*Although I'll give him credit for recruiting LBs in Ohio for this current class.

Edited by Willyville Guy

On 1/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, Willyville Guy said:

Surprised to see JBook call out coach Mick the other day. It did seem like the defense was playing in quicksand at times this year, but I assumed it was scheme and not conditioning. Could there possibly be anything to this?

I agree on this year — but I wouldn’t get rid of mick just yet. Too large of a sample size otherwise. I do think he should be held accountable to improve 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree on this year — but I wouldn’t get rid of mick just yet. Too large of a sample size otherwise. I do think he should be held accountable to improve 

Agree, just kind of wild that it’s even a discussion. Goes to show that nobody is untouchable at Ohio State. 

Meanwhile,

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Just saw a question on Twitter asking what was the most emotional win for OSU in the past 10 years.  I can't name just one.

2014 Wisky

2014 Bama

2016 TUN

2017 PSU

2017 TUN

2018 TUN

2020 Clemson

No clue how to narrow that down.

Most emotional - 2016 TUN

Most fun - 2018 TUN

Most satisfying - 2020 Clemson

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

CJ appears to be deeply impacted by Haskins's tragic death. I hope he continues to honor 7 by absolutely balling out all season and beyond.

It still doesn’t seem real. 💔

Edited by YoloinOhio

Banks had an injured hip last year and fell short of sky high expectations. He ended up relegated to a backup role and would have to really fight for playing time this season.  LSU on the other hand lost their four top DBs from last year, giving Banks a better chance to start immediately. I wish him well and would not be surprised at all to see him thrive this season.

Meanwhile, this is the first time I'm seeing a major coaching change on OSU's staff during the open transfer portal era, and it's fascinating to see guys who don't fit in with the new schemes or personalities get to just pick up and go play somewhere else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...