GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peace out, Urbs. ?I gave you a lot of hell over the years for some in-game stuff  (and that didn’t change today) but am so grateful for the excellence you brought to tOSU.

When we needed him the most in 2011, he gave us his best. I’m forever grateful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

That’s a huge one!

Like getting a 5 star recruit. Continuity (finally) on D and we can start the season with Brendon White out there with him. I think Arnette is going to leave but frankly that’s probably in his best interest. Wade and Okudah are both better and will play ahead of him. 

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like Grinch to Oklahoma is a done deal... 

wonder if Schiano stays. I thought Temple would offer once it came open again, but crickets on that 

I like Grinch as a potential long-term DC for the Bucks, but he has not distinguished himself during his time at OSU as a coach or a recruiter.

9 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I like Grinch as a potential long-term DC for the Bucks, but he has not distinguished himself during his time at OSU as a coach or a recruiter.

I wonder what Day thinks of him. I’ve heard he was more of an Urban guy, as in that’s why he came here. So he may not be motivated to stay despite it being his hometown. I also heard he doesn’t like the co-coordinator stuff. So Day could have the opportunity to make him sole DC, but he may question why it took until November to solidify the second safety position and as you mentioned, lack of recruiting successes. Otherwise he was pretty invisible this year, so hard to judge how good of a DC he was or will be. I’m fairly certain it was Schiano’s scheme and he was calling the plays. I did read that grinch is just as aggressive as Schiano in press man which is what led to a lot of issues with the inexperienced DBs this year. May not be as much of an issue next year. 

Schiano and Davis:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c339f734e5258626f

Now... Greg Mattison? Other than his age, seems like a decent add to staff off #1 D in the country. Not sure what his role will be yet. Maybe pair up with Al Washington or Marcus Freeman. Still think someone might be coming from LSU too.

Edited by YoloinOhio