Marshawn Lynch holding out

Wasn't talking about that. I meant that the player options in these contracts in the last year jump up from their original deal. According to rotoworld, Spiller could make up to 12m if he took the player option and hit all his incentives.

"8/6/2010: Signed a six-year, $39.3 million contract. The deal contains $20.8 million guaranteed. Another $12.5 million is available through incentives, roughly $12 million of which are available in the final year. Spiller is eligible for an annual $250,000 workout bonus throughout the contract's life. 2014: $1,748,750, 2015: $2,196,663 (Player Option), 2016: Free Agent"

Thanks for the info. Didn't know these actually existed or ever heard of a player exercising it. I assume that was before the new CBA, where it seems like teams now have the option on the 5th year of rookie contracts.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...Most likely a topic on this but My question is how would all of us feel if Lynch pulled this on our team after the Byrd debacle. I wonder if he will a mysterious foot injury too if not resolved?

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 2m

Pete Carroll on Marshawn Lynch: It's called a contract for a reason http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wBu

...Most likely a topic on this but My question is how would all of us feel if Lynch pulled this on our team after the Byrd debacle. I wonder if he will a mysterious foot injury too if not resolved?

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 2m

Pete Carroll on Marshawn Lynch: It's called a contract for a reason http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wBu

how convenient of pete, funny how teams never have a problem cutting players before the contract is up when a player underperforms.

in this case, marshawn is way off base. he has a more than fair deal.

Pete Carroll is a very, very good if not great coach, and probably well liked by his players for the most part, but he's a slimeball. It's funny that he admonishes Lynch for not honoring a contract when he bolted on USC right before they were going to get crushed by the NCAA.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Once the guaranteed money is paid, it essentially isn't a contract anymore. Seattle can walk away from it, but Lynch can't. Surprised players union hasn't pushed NFL to change this.

Wait. Whoa.

Are you saying you want the NFL to have guaranteed contracts? Like all the stupid sports not named Football?

Paul Allen is cheap. Pay the man. I so done with that team.

Nice. Just . . . nice.