AP Source: NFL stadium sites explored in Toronto

I guess it depends on how much more cash he actually has on hand. Even so I'd still imagine he is the limiting factor and he has to own at least 33.4% of the team in a 3 person group. If the Rogers' were the controlling group they have more than 7B in assets.

Not for nothing if JBJ suddenly shows up with way more in assets than he "should" I wouldn't be surprised to see the IRS knocking on his door.

The only reason I imagine that myself, or you, or anyone here thinks that JBJ is worth $300m is because that is what Forbes said he was worth, and they are notoriously wrong on a lot of people.

A source close to the Toronto group told the Toronto Sun that is simply not accurate and he has far, far more than that.

Frankly, I have no idea what he is really worth but I tend to believe that over the Forbes thing, because a) they have limited access to what someone is truly worth, and b) it made little sense to me that Tanenbaum and Rogers would be footing the bill AND not being able to be "the controlling owner." The fact he has more and is putting in more makes a lot more sense than he only has $300m.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. I will bet you anything that Bon Jovi knew Leweike from AEG, with nothing whatsoever to do with Toronto. Leweike was the main guy for Philip anshutz who was trying to bring a team to LA. Leweike didn't even join MLSE until about a year ago.

Leweike is absolutely the connection to JBJ. Lewike is actually the most appealing piece of the group, for me at least. He's really excellent at what he does.

Edited by GreggyT

Leweike is absolutely the connection to JBJ. Lewike is actually the most appealing piece of the group, for me at least. He's really excellent at what he does.

Well, he did get fired from AEG for not being all that great at his job I think. ;) The whole LA thing IMO was a ridiculous idea from the start. There was no way to make money the way AEG said they wanted to do it.

i'll say this. some of you folks here get on my nerves sometimes. at the very least -- with the exception of Beerball, of course -- many of you here aren't sniffing the glue that's being passed around on the bb.com message board. yowza.

just saying.

jw

at the very least, i got to say hello to Beerball ... :nana:

There is NO doubt that, if somehow the Trust ignored this and decided to sell to JBJ, there will be an immediate lawsuit filed in Buffalo.

There is no way JBJ can be the winning bidder. It is even less likely that a judge (especially in WNY) will do anything other than rule in the state and county's favor given the language of the lease.

Goodbye Jon Bon Jovi. You should buy the Toronto Argos or the Eagles. Stay out of WNY and keep your hands off of our team.

There's nothing in the lease that prevents the team from being sold to someone who has even explicitly stated that he intends to eventually move the team, so long as the move under discussion would not take place until after the lease expires.

If you read the AP article carefully, it is consistent with this view:

Under terms of the team's lease with the state and county, the Bills - including Wilson's estate - are not allowed to negotiate with anyone, who to their knowledge, has an intention of relocating the team before the end of the 2022 season, when the lease ends.

We don't know what, if anything, the trust says about disqualifying bidders who have expressed an intent of moving the team in the future. And there are very logical arguments you can make about why the NFL would not want to have several years of uproar in Buffalo about a possible future move if the Bon Jovi Toronto group buys the team.

But if the Toronto group is excluded from being the winning bidder, it won't be because of the lease (unless one of the rich Toronto guys or Bon Jovi stupidly states that he intends to move the team before, rather than after, the lease expires).

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Bon Jovi is a douche

and a mofo :lol:

Typical dick move to say he won't move the team while all the while scouting around Canada for a possible new stadium site, and if built will take a few years to complete. So, what he should be saying is he won't move the team....until the current lease is up. JBJ is the very last person I'd want to see get the team.

Anyway, If I'm not mistaken it will be more difficult for a group or multiple owners to win the bid over a singular person.

Edited by FeartheLosing

i'll say this. some of you folks here get on my nerves sometimes. at the very least -- with the exception of Beerball, of course -- many of you here aren't sniffing the glue that's being passed around on the bb.com message board. yowza.

just saying.

jw

at the very least, i got to say hello to Beerball ... :nana:

Hello Mr. Wawrow! :D

he said something.

jw

It wouldn't have anything to do with the planning of a parade route for a perennially horrible hockey team, whose colors happen to be blue and white, now would it?

Edited by biglukes

I still need something explained here...

How is the fact that the JBJ group looked into Toronto stadium sites 18 months ago--before anyone knew that this team was for sale--proof that they still intend to move this team?

Again I'll say that this only serves to illustrate that they previously intended to move the team. That's no longer an option as far as I understand it, so if they still want the team, they're going to have to commit to Buffalo long-term.

If they don't, they have no chance...not that I think they'll have the winning bid anyway.

Nor do I want them to