Ray Rice suspended two games? (Update: now cut/suspended)

Yeah, that seems to have a significant factor in the Ravens move. And it makes sense.

This is something interesting to consider: What if a really good friend of yours that you have known really well, and really like, and think is a very good guy, has that first video come out. And then swears to you that it was self defense and she hit him. And then she, who you know well, too, says it wasn't bad and wants to marry him. It's hard to know what you would believe or do.

If it were me, I think I probably wouldn't believe him. But I don't know for sure unless I was put in that position. And I'm also probably not going to go and try to find out what really happened if she said nothing.

If the first video showed him dragging her limp body around I'd toss him away like a cheap shirt

Does John Clayton creep anybody else out? Reminds me of Beetlejuice. LOL

He's a dead ringer for Gollum in my books

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that the locker room doesn't care all that much.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Terrell_Suggs

Wow, if true and that sounds worse than rice, it's flat out sadistic

"Suggs has two children with Candace Williams. In December 2012 an attorney representing him confirmed Suggs surrendered his firearms to police in response to a court order filed the previous month by Ms. Williams. In 2009 Williams filed a complaint against Suggs alleging he threw a soap dispenser at her head, struck her in the chest with his hand and held a bottle of bleach over her and their 1 year old son.[27] According to a December 2012 report. In September of 2012 Suggs was accused of punching and dragging his girlfriend Candace Williams beside his car with his two children inside. A temporary protective order was placed against Suggs, causing him to surrender an AK-47 and 6 other guns."

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Wow, if true and that sounds worse than rice, it's flat out sadistic

"Suggs has two children with Candace Williams. In December 2012 an attorney representing him confirmed Suggs surrendered his firearms to police in response to a court order filed the previous month by Ms. Williams. In 2009 Williams filed a complaint against Suggs alleging he threw a soap dispenser at her head, struck her in the chest with his hand and held a bottle of bleach over her and their 1 year old son.[27] According to a December 2012 report. In September of 2012 Suggs was accused of punching and dragging his girlfriend Candace Williams beside his car with his two children inside. A temporary protective order was placed against Suggs, causing him to surrender an AK-47 and 6 other guns."

Wasn't particularly kept quiet either.... But no video. It's interesting seeing so much anger over this out of all the incidents. But tape and all.... I think that's what gets me.

Wasn't particularly kept quiet either.... But no video. It's interesting seeing so much anger over this out of all the incidents. But tape and all.... I think that's what gets me.

I would just appreciate it if the NFL and the Ravens could drop the pretense of taking any particular moral stand or caring about domestic violence and stop insulting the intelligence of football fans.

OK, so he is cut. There should really only be a period of a suspension, in reality. He was not arrested.

This is his livelihood. It is bad PR for him to be hired by someone, but seriously, it bothers me that some people think he should be cut off from working.

Nobody is preventing him from working. He can work anywhere that will hire him OTHER than the NFL. The world is his oyster. In fact, someone with his qualifications would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries.

I would just appreciate it if the NFL and the Ravens could drop the pretense of taking any particular moral stand or caring about domestic violence and stop insulting the intelligence of football fans.

Keith Oberman who is not liked on this board just called for Goodell's resignation. But yea, the league has some morality issues

Right in their own backyard.

I posted on that a few hours ago. King says that the League and the Ravens saw this tape long ago. And in an interview, a league official would not deny they saw this second insde the elevator tape.

Hima Culpa.

To: Our readers.

An addendum to the Ray Rice coverage:

Earlier this summer a source I trusted told me he assumed the NFL had seen the damaging video that was released by TMZ on Monday morning of Rice slugging his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, in an Atlantic City elevator. The source said league officials had to have seen it. This source has been impeccable, and I believed the information. So I wrote that the league had seen the tape. I should have called the NFL for a comment, a lapse in reporting on my part. The league says it has not seen the tape, and I cannot refute that with certainty. No one from the league has ever knocked down my report to me, and so I was surprised to see the claim today that league officials have not seen the tape.

I hope when this story is fully vetted, we all get the truth and nothing but the truth.

King has some explaining to do, too. Even in the mea culpa he says the source assumed the NFL had seen it, and they had to have seen it (an educated guess not a fact). But King reported that they had seen it, when the source didn't even say that to him.

And you know those words were all chosen very deliberately. That the nfl never refuted it is surprising though, if true.

And you know those words were all chosen very deliberately. That the nfl never refuted it is surprising though, if true.

The league never denied seeing the tape until today (they were asked about it back then). Therefore it was widely assumed they saw the tape. King is calling out the league as lying, in so many words.

Them going to King, or even answering a question from him, is almost inviting further investigation from him, which no matter what actually happened would be a bad thing for them. I don't find it surprising or unusual or incriminating at all, although if I had to guess they just didn't go after the tape they knew about but perhaps never saw. Which is an egregious error IMO and something they should be taken to task for.

The NFL and Ravens both made their feelings on the matter perfectly clear when they only suspended him for 2 games. Beating a woman is better than sparking a jay in NFL circles. They can't run from that, no matter what happens today. All they did today was confirm where their priorities lie.

Keith Oberman who is not liked on this board just called for Goodell's resignation. But yea, the league has some morality issues

Right in their own backyard.

Perfect illustration of why Olbermann is widely considered a joke of a man. I'm not crazy about Goodell, but calling for his resignation for not acting as a strict enough moral authoritarian is the epitome of self-righteous retardation. We have court systems for that.

* Assuming this is his rationale.

The NFL and Ravens both made their feelings on the matter perfectly clear when they only suspended him for 2 games. Beating a woman is better than sparking a jay in NFL circles. They can't run from that, no matter what happens today. All they did today was confirm where their priorities lie.

Wrong. Beating a woman is worse than smoking a jay for the NFL. Now 3 jays? That evens it out for them.