Just got a notification about my seasons...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought season tickets in early June, paid in full at the time.

Just got my envelope and opened it to find...hard copy tickets for each game, all with the same generic ticket with a Bills' helmet on the front.

Not sure whether I'm bummed or relieved not to get the cards.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

So you think all the tickets on Stub Hub right now are no good? I have some and it said UPS delivery.

I don't see why someone cant print them and UPS them.

Oh, well they could if they had a strange desire to give stubhub money for no reason. What I was/am saying is there is no need for stubhub to transfer tickets safely/securely anymore.

Now it may still be a convenient way for people to advertise them for sale I suppose if it was worth the stubhub service charge.

EDIT: Well unless everyone gets hardcopy tickets like Chevy :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I bought season tickets in early June, payed in full at the time.

Just got my envelope and opened it to find...hard copy tickets for each game, all with the same generic ticket with a Bills' helmet on the front.

Not sure whether I'm bummed or relieved not to get the cards.

Well, that's interesting. Did you receive the email from the Bills mentioned earlier in this thread?

Right that's what I mean. Stubhub is now out of business when it comes to Bills (and any other team that uses this system) ticket reselling.

NFL ticket exchange probably will still work? The NFL gets a big taste of that I'm sure as opposed to stubhub.

Why can't you just print out your tickets in your account manager and then ship them?

Oh, well they could if they had a strange desire to give stubhub money for no reason. What I was/am saying is there is no need for stubhub to transfer tickets safely/securely anymore.

Now it may still be a convenient way for people to advertise them for sale I suppose if it was worth the stubhub service charge.

EDIT: Well unless everyone gets hardcopy tickets like Chevy :)

Quick question...if you use TicketExchange to sell your seats, do you set the price or do the Bills/Ticketmaster set it?

I can see using StubHub if on ticket exchange they set the price and yu want to be below market in order to sell tickets.

I use both to buy on secondary market, actually like the Ticketmaster better as i can see exact seats, which helps when trying to buy rows one behind each other when we have a big group.

Only thing i don't like is the Bills know exactly where i am sitting and what i paid for the tickets. No particular worry with that, just feels big brotherish

Edited by plenzmd1

Well, that's interesting. Did you receive the email from the Bills mentioned earlier in this thread?

No, I never got the email and was going to call them tomorrow if the envelope hadn't come. I'm guessing the cards must have been pre-ordered and all new season ticket sales won't get them until next year.

(Just left a message for my rep. I'll let you know what I find out)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

If you tone down the attitude and talk to your ST rep they have been know to free up some of the tickets based upon the funds you have already paid.

Of course, you haven't answered my question, either. Which has nothing to do with this. The question was whether the Bills told us about this before we paid for our tickets.

I am quite sure they didn't.

Also signed up for season in June and received hard copy tickets in the mail today. No card for discount in the Bills Shop either. Will call tomorrow to get details. I also did not receive the email.

On the Bills website there is a link: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-season-tickets-get-a-makeover-in-2014/884e578e-9a24-4b50-8064-0488e53d8d6f

At the bottom it reads, "*Note: Season tickets purchased after this date will receive individually printed tickets instead of the season ticket card."

Unfortunately, nowhere in the article does it say what "this date" is. Judging by this thread, "this date" may have been sometime in June.

Quick question...if you use TicketExchange to sell your seats, do you set the price or do the Bills/Ticketmaster set it?

I can see using StubHub if on ticket exchange they set the price and yu want to be below market in order to sell tickets.

You set the price, but there is a price floor that you cannot go below. I don't know what the floor is, but if I recall it is a bit lower (not much) than face value.

You can also go by average or price scaling model where the price decreases incrementally over the listing period.

Unfortunately, nowhere in the article does it say what "this date" is. Judging by this thread, "this date" may have been sometime in June.

Oversights in the fine print on the Bills website? I smell another class action suit! Daddy needs a new Gilmore jersey! Cha-ching!

Oversights in the fine print on the Bills website? I smell another class action suit! Daddy needs a new Gilmore jersey! Cha-ching!

I can see it now -- I've been harmed because I have to suffer the indignity of handing a paper ticket to the gate attendant, while other ST holders mock me and wave their fancy cards in my general direction. It's humiliating.

I can see it now -- I've been harmed because I have to suffer the indignity of handing a paper ticket to the gate attendant, while other ST holders mock me and wave their fancy cards in my general direction. It's humiliating.

I feel this way... :bag:

First year as a sth since 1990 and I have these plain, jane football helmet tickets and no card to get me a discount at Moe' or in the Bills Store.

I feel left out.

You set the price, but there is a price floor that you cannot go below. I don't know what the floor is, but if I recall it is a bit lower (not much) than face value.

You can also go by average or price scaling model where the price decreases incrementally over the listing period.

thx Guff, i always wondered how that worked

TO bbb

Where did you hear or read that once tickets are printed, they are deleted from the card?

It makes perfect sense. Even in prior years, once you transfer or re-print tickets from your Bills account the original paper ticket becomes invalid. Otherwise there would be multiple, valid tickets floating around for the same seats at the same game.

It makes perfect sense. Even in prior years, once you transfer or re-print tickets from your Bills account the original paper ticket becomes invalid. Otherwise there would be multiple, valid tickets floating around for the same seats at the same game.

That's what I'm going by;. I didn't read it specifically about the card.

Talking with my ST rep now... I got the cards. I am on the payment plan and she said that I would be able to access my account prior to the first home preseason game. I asked her very politely if I could have access to my account in order to sell the tickets to the 4 games that I am unable to attend due to a conflict with my military schedule and I am on hold... They did release all my tickets so I could sell them

Also signed up for season in June and received hard copy tickets in the mail today. No card for discount in the Bills Shop either. Will call tomorrow to get details. I also did not receive the email.

I just bought my seasons tickets this past Friday. Got the individual tickets in the mail yesterday. Has anyone heard if those who get the individual tickets are entitled to the discount at the store and other perks associated with the card?

Thanks in advance.

I just bought my seasons tickets this past Friday. Got the individual tickets in the mail yesterday. Has anyone heard if those who get the individual tickets are entitled to the discount at the store and other perks associated with the card?

Thanks in advance.

I was told by someone who did not seem very sure of himself that we would be mailed some sort of discount card in the near future and when I asked about the free Red Zone subscription he said they were still waiting for "codes from the league".

Guffalo, on 24 July 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:[/color]

thx Guff, i always wondered how that worked

Also, if you list the tickets from your ST acct the kickback is 10%, if you sign in directly to NFL TixEch it's 15%. And once you sell them your hard tickets become void, presume the same principle applies when a ticket contained on the new "card" is printed or a hard copy is made.

I was told by someone who did not seem very sure of himself that we would be mailed some sort of discount card in the near future and when I asked about the free Red Zone subscription he said they were still waiting for "codes from the league".

Thanks, you saved me much needed time. If I get anything from the Bills I will post.

I got mine yesterday, got the cards in the mail, I'm so pumped for the season to start!!

I'm on the payment plan, and when I called my rep to see about releasing all the tickets bc so I could sell the ones that I'm unable to attend, I said something along the lines of "I received my cards today, pretty pumped". She was surprised, apparently they are receiving a lot of feedback at OBD about the cards, and there is very little positive comments about them...

I'm on the payment plan, and when I called my rep to see about releasing all the tickets bc so I could sell the ones that I'm unable to attend, I said something along the lines of "I received my cards today, pretty pumped". She was surprised, apparently they are receiving a lot of feedback at OBD about the cards, and there is very little positive comments about them...

A lot of people don't like change much.

A lot of people don't like change much.

True, Honestly I prefer the idea of the cards, fits easier into the wallet, may prompt me to go into the Bills store now since the discount is on the card... I think it will work a lot better IMO

True, Honestly I prefer the idea of the cards, fits easier into the wallet, may prompt me to go into the Bills store now since the discount is on the card... I think it will work a lot better IMO

Me too. I mean, who doesn't carry a wallet or purse? This means never having to ask that "did I remember the tickets" question as you're pulling into the parking lot.

Got my cards today.

And I can only remember one time where I forgot my tickets in the 15 years I've had seasons. it was easy enough to just go over to the ticket office and have them print me a generic ticket to get in.