Know anyone with a disease? Read this

36 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I wish I liked marijuana more.  My go-to vice is drinking.  And although I don't think I drink to excess, it has done damage to my health.  I have a lot of friends who smoke pot regularly and I think it helps them as a wind-down aid after work and I don't think it's as harmful to the body over the years as booze is.

I wind down with woodworking.

Judging by my scars, that's probably more harmful to the body than pot or alcohol.  

43 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I wish I liked marijuana more.  My go-to vice is drinking.  And although I don't think I drink to excess, it has done damage to my health.  I have a lot of friends who smoke pot regularly and I think it helps them as a wind-down aid after work and I don't think it's as harmful to the body over the years as booze is.

Pot just doesn't agree with me as much.  It tends to make me anxious.

And if you use a vaporizer, I think it's a lot healthier for your lungs.

It's strange how pot affects people differently. I know people that it puts to sleep but for others it's amps them up for sports or exercise 

22 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Better to be a 9 fingered 90 year old than a scarless corpse at 65.

Nope, still have all my fingers.  

I did lose one...but I smoked pot, and it cured it.  Thanks, Bob!

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't think that it works for all people though. Consider Duckdog for example. He smoked pot incessantly and should have been the healthy equivalent of The Six Million Dollar Man, but was still disabled and unable to work. I wonder if it at least cured the hot sauce on his junk issue?

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

I think you just pulled it out of your ass

If all you're going to do is troll people, why waste your time here? Is your life really that boring, empty, and meaningless?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Azalin said:

If all you're going to do is troll people, why waste your time here? Is your life really that boring, empty, and meaningless?

It's because he's a ****ty person, Azalin.

An actual ****ty person who takes enjoyment from treating other people poorly.  That's who he is, as that's how he has chosen to be defined through his own actions.  It's no one's fault but his own, since it's the badge he elected to pin to his own chest.

He'll likely laugh in response to this, or make some snide comment bragging about how he doesn't care about the people here; which is his prerogative, but marks him as having low character.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

51 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

An actual ****ty person who takes enjoyment from treating other people poorly.  That's who he is, as that's how he has chosen to be defined through his own actions.  It's no one's fault but his own, since it's the badge he elected to pin to his own chest.

He'll likely laugh in response to this, or make some snide comment bragging about how he doesn't care about the people here; which is his prerogative, but marks him as having low character.

Agreed to all of the above. I had held out hope, but to no avail. He's now been added to my short list of ignored users.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Plus, he's an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Gave me a hearty laugh while on the crapper at work! Luckily no one else was in there. 

I usually read the loony left's  post while in there. They have a nice laxative effect.

On 4/4/2018 at 3:41 PM, Boyst62 said:

With all the money these lobbyists are putting in to marijuana, does anyone stop and think what other things we could research to help people out? Because it's a goddamn joke

Sounds like you need a bigger bong and some better pot.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On April 6, 2018 at 9:13 AM, Azalin said:

On April 6, 2018 at 11:06 AM, DC Tom said:

Plus, he's an idiot.

He changed his own avatar to an asshat without a lick of irony.

Calling him an idiot - even for you - is overselling the man's intellect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He changed his own avatar to an asshat without a lick of irony.

Calling him an idiot - even for you - is overselling the man's intellect. 

Just think of Gary, Bug and Grant as replacement troopers in gator's and baskin's  "F Troop".

On 4/6/2018 at 10:36 AM, Bob in Mich said:

The link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer is not nearly as strong as has been suggested.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-effects-lung-health

From the article

Whether smoking marijuana causes lung cancer, as cigarette smoking does, remains an open question.   Marijuana smoke contains carcinogenic combustion products, including about 50 percent more benzoprene and 75 percent more benzanthracene (and more phenols, vinyl chlorides, nitrosamines, reactive oxygen species) than cigarette smoke.  Because of how it is typically smoked (deeper inhale, held for longer), marijuana smoking leads to four times the deposition of tar compared to cigarette smoking.   However, while a few small, uncontrolled studies have suggested that heavy, regular marijuana smoking could increase risk for respiratory cancers, well-designed population studies have failed to find an increased risk of lung cancer associated with marijuana use.

Yeah, marijuana contains the GOOD carcinogens.

These good carcinogens eventually lead to coughing up blood, weight loss and hair loss! Pot really can do everything!

Edited by jmc12290

On 4/7/2018 at 10:22 PM, jmc12290 said:

Yeah, marijuana contains the GOOD carcinogens.

These good carcinogens eventually lead to coughing up blood, weight loss and hair loss! Pot really can do everything!

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq#link/_13

From the article

Preclinical studies of cannabinoids have investigated the following:

Antitumor activity

• Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
  • A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
  • A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.
  • A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.
  • A review of 34 studies of cannabinoids in glioma tumor models found that all but one study showed that cannabinoids can kill cancer cells without harming normal cells.
  • A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.