What is better, no guns, or more guns?

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So for all of you saying we need more restrictions on guy purchase/ownership I have one question.  As things stand now, where did the shooter get his weapons? 

Fact finding has no place here.  

Emotions and "do something anything" solutions only ..... knowing why or what led to this is irrelevant.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Who is opposing ANYTHING that would potentially prevent this??  Who are you talking about. 

Generally? The GOP electeds.

They hide in their “thoughts and prayers” but if they actually wanted people not to die they would do some fairly popular things like mandated background checks, and common sense gun laws.

Instead, they will say how awful it is while deflecting and saying it’s all mental illness despite the fact that every country has people with mental illness but no other rich country has these problems. 

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If they claim to not to be ok with it but oppose anything that would potentially prevent it, then I wouldn’t say they were actually not ok with it. 

If the ongoing indiscriminate killing of children isn’t enough for someone to actually want to stop it, then they are actually ok with it. 

If you want to intellectually argue your solutions have at it. But don’t be so arrogant to believe that anyone who might differ with your opinions is somehow less enlightened or less compassionate than you.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

If you want to intellectually argue your solutions have at it. But don’t be so arrogant to believe that anyone who might differ with your opinions is somehow less enlightened or less compassionate than you.

I don’t think it’s arrogant to look at all of these killings, especially since Sandy Hook, see basically nothing being done to stop it, and reach the conclusion that some people just don’t care to fix it.

If I hurt your feelings, then I offer you my thoughts and prayers. I anticipate that this should be sufficient.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Generally? The GOP electeds.

They hide in their “thoughts and prayers” but if they actually wanted people not to die they would do some fairly popular things like mandated background checks, and common sense gun laws.

Instead, they will say how awful it is while deflecting and saying it’s all mental illness despite the fact that every country has people with mental illness but no other rich country has these problems. 

Who has held The House The Senate and the Presidency the last 18 months with no meaningful gun legislation? Plenty of blame to be passed on both sides of the aisle. 

Many other countries have guns without these events. My theory is the stress we put on people in this country to be successful.  To be smart. To be beautiful. To be useful and valuable and they snap.  Yes it’s a different angle but one I’ve been thinking a lot about lately.  Because it ain’t about the gun as much as it is the ***** whack jobs pulling the triggers. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Who has held The House The Senate and the Presidency the last 18 months with no meaningful gun legislation? Plenty of blame to be passed on both sides of the aisle. 

Many other countries have guns without these events. My theory is the stress we put on people in this country to be successful.  To be smart. To be beautiful. To be useful and valuable and they snap.  Yes it’s a different angle but one I’ve been thinking a lot about lately.  Because it ain’t about the gun as much as it is the ***** whack jobs pulling the triggers. 

Why didn’t Trump get Trump Care and Infrastructure done?

Go play w your GLOCK tough guy

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah they should have done something, though to be fair I'm not sure the odds on them being able to pass anything, with their only sometimes majority due to Joe Manchin.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

I don’t think it’s arrogant to look at all of these killings, especially since Sandy Hook, see basically nothing being done to stop it, and reach the conclusion that some people just don’t care to fix it.

If I hurt your feelings, then I offer you my thoughts and prayers. I anticipate that this should be sufficient.

You didn’t hurt my feelings. I would imagine, as I said, that every sane, rational person in this country is as upset and frustrated as you. It is not that people don’t care. It is that solutions to violent crime are not simple because human behavior is not simple. It is not as if there have been no efforts or that there has been no progress. We just need to continue to try to find answers without accusing each other of not caring about lives lost to violence.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Why don't you go ahead list all the sane ideas they've tried.

Let me rephrase that.  They’ve blamed everything from the access to guns and mental illness.  We’ve always had guns in this country why I lean towards mental illness.  Ok why the reason for huge uptick in these?  My theory of the pressure on people causes them to snap.  You remember the term “going postal”

right? 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Let me rephrase that.  They’ve blamed everything from the access to guns and mental illness.  We’ve always had guns in this country why I lean towards mental illness.  Ok why the reason for huge uptick in these?  My theory of the pressure on people causes them to snap.  You remember the term “going postal”

right? 

And we didn't have mental illness before?

More guns more safety? Less guns more safety?  

Right back to the OP how shocked am I........ZERO.

This is the crux of the matter and the issue that rest assured More people will die on both sides of that debate .....pro gun or anti gun...including total innocents until we are so dissensitized it becomes Rote and we throw our hands up in despair.

Where is the accountability here?

Oh My goodness what an utter mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes we did.  But let me ask you. Is any sane person, one with no mental illness, going to go into a school and murder children?  

The only country in the developed world with this recurring issue…

…but Jim w his big ol GLOCK wants us to buy the story that people just snap.

Yeah bro - keep trying to sell that story while I go buy a gun faster than getting my car washed at Delta Sonic.

Idiots

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes we did.  But let me ask you. Is any sane person, one with no mental illness, going to go into a school and murder children?  

So, you want anyone who buys a gun to have to pass a mental examination then?

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So, you want anyone who buys a gun to have to pass a mental examination then?

They go through background checks.  Hell I couldn’t get a permit here in CA because I had a medical marijuana card.  He’s the issue.  Gun permits, to my knowledge are not renewed.  The background check is done once upon initial purchase.  All registers gun owners should be required to renew their registration periodically and have a new background check ran. 

Edited by Chef Jim

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They go through background checks.  Hell I couldn’t get a permit here in CA because I had a medical marijuana card.  He’s the issue.  Gun permits, to my knowledge are not renewed.  The background check is done once upon initial purchase.  All registers gun owners should be required to renew their registration periodically and have a new background check ran. 

Yeah, I don't disagree with this.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with this.

I’ve been saying this for years now.  It blew me away when I realized the permit we got 9 years ago after our house was broken in to never needed to be renewed.  Trust me. My wife has the permit and she’s crazier now than she was 9 years ago.  Now that is all my fault but that’s neither here nor there.