What is better, no guns, or more guns?

9 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I can post a ton of articles where a SRO stopped a school shooting. So it DOES happen often.  

https://www.police1.com/active-shooter/articles/police-school-resource-officer-disarmed-gunman-at-mich-high-school-AYGy3oOOy71kZtFV/

Are you seriously worried that some type of minor gun control measure will pass? No way! 

I’ll bet more laws will be passed making it easier for criminals to get murder weapons 

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

They go through background checks.  Hell I couldn’t get a permit here in CA because I had a medical marijuana card.  He’s the issue.  Gun permits, to my knowledge are not renewed.  The background check is done once upon initial purchase.  All registers gun owners should be required to renew their registration periodically and have a new background check ran. 

In CT they last 5 years. If you don't renew in time (only can renew within the last 6 months of your current permit), you get to take the course and start all over again, a 6+ month process for the last few years in CT. But I am not sure if when you re-up, they reassess the background check again. Seems like a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

In CT they last 5 years. If you don't renew in time (only can renew within the last 6 months of your current permit), you get to take the course and start all over again, a 6+ month process for the last few years in CT. But I am not sure if when you re-up, they reassess the background check again. Seems like a good idea.

It is a good idea, but unlike a driver’s license or car registration which can only be requested upon a violation of some kind, unless the government is going to illegally search your house for the fire arm, how is this to be enforced. Most of these shootings are not done by people who’ve had an expired gun sitting in their dresser drawer for twenty years.

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are you seriously worried that some type of minor gun control measure will pass? No way! 

I’ll bet more laws will be passed making it easier for criminals to get murder weapons 

First, I was explaining the idea that having armed people in a school doesn’t stop shooters is a fallacy. There is now reports of NO SRO at that school. 

Second... what “minor gun control measure” do you think would stop evil or criminals? I’d love to hear it. 

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

First, I was explaining the idea that having armed people in a school doesn’t stop shooters is a fallacy. There is now reports of NO SRO at that school. 

Second... what “minor gun control measure” do you think would stop evil or criminals? I’d love to hear it. 

What does it matter? Even the minor laws will not pass. You guys have won, this is your America. We are awash with guns and criminals and crazy people have easy access. That will not change. Next week, or tomorrow there will be more mass shootings. Nothing will change 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

What does it matter? Even the minor laws will not pass. You guys have won, this is your America. We are awash with guns and criminals and crazy people have easy access. That will not change. Next week, or tomorrow there will be more mass shootings. Nothing will change 

I didn’t think you’d actual give me any ideas. I’ve posted ideas. Only thing I’ve heard here has been  “ban assault weapons”. 

“You guys won”. Huh? The founding fathers won? The men who created the Bill or Rights?

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It is a good idea, but unlike a driver’s license or car registration which can only be requested upon a violation of some kind, unless the government is going to illegally search your house for the fire arm, how is this to be enforced. Most of these shootings are not done by people who’ve had an expired gun sitting in their dresser drawer for twenty years.

It's basically the same thing I guess. Your driver's license or reg is normally only requested when you've already been thought to have done something wrong (traffic stop, etc). Permit would normally only be inspected by LEO if you have been thought to be doing something wrong/suspicious with a gun. So yeah just like lots of folks drive with no insurance illegally, it is an "after the fact" enforcement.

Permits that expire at least can't be used to buy more guns and ammo, so it does give the state a chance to run a fresh background check, but again I am not sure they do. I am betting CT does but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I didn’t think you’d actual give me any ideas. I’ve posted ideas. Only thing I’ve heard here has been  “ban assault weapons”. 

“You guys won”. Huh? The founding fathers won? The men who created the Bill or Rights?

Who cares about ideas that will go no where? Your side wins no matter what. The slaughter will continue! 

9 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Solid response 👍🏻

You guys wanted a shooting gallery society, you got it 

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Voters get the politicians they put into office.

If we were more truly democratic this crap wouldn't be happening. The small, low population states have way too much power. But that isn't going to change 

Just now, Tiberius said:

You guys wanted a shooting gallery society, you got it 

You're so full of crap dude. 

Where has ANY gun owner wanted that? It's BS by people like you. 

New flash... a study showed that less than 1% of firearms bought legally were used in a gun crime (Washington Post article). Legal permit owners 18x less likely to commit a violent crime than your regular Joe. 

WE aren't the problem. Until you people can understand that, nothing will change. 

15 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

It's basically the same thing I guess. Your driver's license or reg is normally only requested when you've already been thought to have done something wrong (traffic stop, etc). Permit would normally only be inspected by LEO if you have been thought to be doing something wrong/suspicious with a gun. So yeah just like lots of folks drive with no insurance illegally, it is an "after the fact" enforcement.

Permits that expire at least can't be used to buy more guns and ammo, so it does give the state a chance to run a fresh background check, but again I am not sure they do. I am betting CT does but I could be wrong.

And there it is. It's not hard to figure this ***** out.   You must present a valid and current permit to purchase ammo.  It's been awhile since we bought ammo and it reminded me. Here in CA you needed to go through a background check but it appears it was struck down by a Federal Judge.  I think that is a bit excessive because if you shoot a lot your could be buying ammo weekly.  However a middle ground is as mentioned above.  You need to present a current gun permit that needs to be renewed (with background checks) every year or other year to purchase ammo.  Also.  You want to buy body armor?  Background check.  Good ***** lord.  So someone buys body armor and there are no red flags? 

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You're so full of crap dude. 

Where has ANY gun owner wanted that? It's BS by people like you. 

New flash... a study showed that less than 1% of firearms bought legally were used in a gun crime (Washington Post article). Legal permit owners 18x less likely to commit a violent crime than your regular Joe. 

WE aren't the problem. Until you people can understand that, nothing will change. 

This situation was not brought about by me. Not sure why you are angry. You are so winning. You will not lose. Getting mad over winning is not rational 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

This situation was not brought about by me. Not sure why you are angry. You are so winning. You will not lose. Getting mad over winning is not rational 

It's not a football game dude. Winning and losing isn't a part of this. 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And there it is. It's not hard to figure this ***** out.   You must present a valid and current permit to purchase ammo.  It's been awhile since we bought ammo and it reminded me. Here in CA you needed to go through a background check but it appears it was struck down by a Federal Judge.  I think that is a bit excessive because if you shoot a lot your could be buying ammo weekly.  However a middle ground is as mentioned above.  You need to present a current gun permit that needs to be renewed (with background checks) every year or other year to purchase ammo.  Also.  You want to buy body armor?  Background check.  Good ***** lord.  So someone buys body armor and there are no red flags? 

I'm interested if that's really true. It was reported before he was wearing a "tactical vest" which you can get about anywhere. Buying body armor isn't as easy as you normally have to order it and it can take weeks to get. 

How to keep guns out of the wrong hands is the problem.  Until then would need one locked school entrance  that can remote open from office with camera on someone wanting to enter . Other places still need a guard with body armor and armor piercing rounds.

Does 9mm have armor-piercing rounds?

The 9х19mm pistol-fired armor-piercing cartridge 7N31 is designed to destroy enemy manpower, wearing body armor, in the open, behind light covers, and inside vehicles. It is fired by the 9mm GSh-18 pistol