What is better, no guns, or more guns?

17 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Tragedies like this really make you happy don't they. I can't imagine it myself but you and tibs just wallow in this stuff like a pig in mud. Lay blame, point fingers, even laugh, meanwhile little children, innocent children, have had their lives taken. You have no intelligent solutions only rhetoric. 

How many more innocent people need to die for our leaders to move on this issue?

At this point - the people YOU VOTE FOR are holding up ANY MEANINGFUL legislation around gun violence.

Since YOUR chosen candidates continue to slow walk any meaningful change - we are left to HOLD YOU responsible for YOUR VOTE.

Own it - embrace it - WE THE PEOPLE.

PS: Where are your solutions?  Didn't see one other than someone being UTTERLY defensive ...

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And those people are not worth saving?

People who survive suicide attempts rarely end up dying via suicide. And most methods of suicide have a completion rate of 10% or less. Suicide attempts by guns are 90%+ effective.

I never said that. I've lost two people to suicide. 

The point is, self inflecting gunshots should have a separate category. More people die (suicides) using other methods than a firearm. But looking at firearms, Texas has a HIGH number of firearms and a low suicide rate. 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How many more innocent people need to die for our leaders to move on this issue?

At this point - the people YOU VOTE FOR are holding up ANY MEANINGFUL legislation around gun violence.

Since YOUR chosen candidates continue to slow walk any meaningful change - we are left to HOLD YOU responsible for YOUR VOTE.

PS: Where are your solutions?  Didn't see one other than someone being UTTERLY defensive ...

The sad fact is guns or no guns, Americans are a very violent people and our civil and social order are breaking down as a result of all the wars and conflicts brought to us by the Washington uni-party, Hollywood & video game industry violence peddling, and a general breakdown in family and civil order along with a failing educational system.  Blame who you want but that's where it stands.    

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The sad fact is guns or no guns, Americans are a very violent people and our civil and social order are breaking down as a result of all the wars and conflicts brought to us by the Washington uni-party, Hollywood & video game industry violence peddling, and a general breakdown in family and civil order along with a failing educational system.  Blame who you want but that's where it stands.    

Of course, it is everyone else's fault but which party, governors, and politicians are making it easy to get guns?

YOUR PARTY.

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Come on Btime, they can write all the laws but nothing will change. There will be loop holes and an illegal market will develope because the business of gun production is big business. Drugs are illegal and every school is filled with them and many more kids die from drugs. Nobody cares.

The Right creates courts that are too tough at times putting everyone in prison and lifelong criminals, and the Left too lenient on drug, guns  immigration and gangs. 

This is far more complicated than banning a gun and a phoney background check. 

Consider the US has the biggest gun problem and drug problem on the planet...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Come on Btime, they can write all the laws but nothing will change. There will be loop holes and an illegal market will develope because the business of gun production is big business. Drugs are illegal and every school is filled with them and many more kids die from drugs. Nobody cares.

The Right creates courts that are too tough at times putting everyone in prison and lifelong criminals, and the Left too lenient on drug, guns  immigration and gangs. 

This is far more complicated than banning a gun and a phoney background check. 

Consider the US has the biggest gun problem and drug problem on the planet...

So, do nothing.

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Same thing you've been providing. 

Nothing but shared tweets. 

Its not my job to provide solutions. 

Get that thru your thick scull.

People like you are the ones who vote for politicians who will not vote in favor of meaningful gun legislation.

This is no longer about finding solutions - this is about voting out the ones who put barriers in place to find solutions to our problems.

Get out of the f’n way

Just now, Tiberius said:

Sure looks like having more guns is bad. Less guns would be better 

Aren't you the one supporting 40 billion in weapons for the Ukraine a week ago?

So which is it? More guns or less guns? 

More guns for them but less guns for us? 

Why can't we have guns too? Why is Ukraine the only one allowed to have guns? I'll hang up and wait for your answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Its not my job to provide solutions. 

Get that thru your thick scull.

People like you are the ones who vote for politicians who will not vote in favor of meaningful gun legislation.

This is no longer about finding solutions - this is about voting out the ones who put barriers in place to find solutions to our problems.

Get out of the f’n way

Finally admit it. You just complain. 

(who has control of the House, Senate and WH?)

Just now, TSOL said:

Aren't you the one supporting 40 billion in weapons for the Ukraine a week ago?

So which is it? More guns or less guns? 

More guns for them but less guns for us? 

Why can't we have guns too? Why is Ukraine the only one allowed to have guns? I'll hang up and wait for your answer. 

How is that not apples and oranges? 

Let's look at that. Making guns widly available to anyone here--including criminals and mentally ill--is not the same as supply a nation being threatened by genocide. 

I find your comparison really silly. Don't hang up, let's explore your logic here 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How is that not apples and oranges? 

Let's look at that. Making guns widly available to anyone here--including criminals and mentally ill--is not the same as supply a nation being threatened by genocide. 

I find your comparison really silly. Don't hang up, let's explore your logic here 

My logic is that why should our government be allowed to produce massive amounts of weapons but keep them from us. How is that fair and equitable. 

So government can control ALL weapons and can put these weapons in the hands of who they choose, while us peasants are sent off to work to PAY for these weapons? 

It's apples to apples. It's just you don't like the comparison because it highlights hypocrisy 

• Eyeroll 1

I agree with Ben Shapiro  @benshapiro

"Common sense gun reform" is in reality what the Left wrongly believes "thoughts and prayers" is for the Right:

an empty phrase denoting "I care" but without any actual problem-solving content.

Not one of the "common sense gun reform" proposals the Left proposes would stop shootings like Uvalde.

They know this.

So instead, they make absurd claims suggesting that the mere fact of action of any type will magically reduce shootings (see, e.g., Sen. Murphy).

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

My logic is that why should our government be allowed to produce massive amounts of weapons but keep them from us. How is that fair and equitable. 

So government can control ALL weapons and can put these weapons in the hands of who they choose, while us peasants are sent off to work to PAY for these weapons? 

It's apples to apples. It's just you don't like the comparison because it highlights hypocrisy 

Silly. National defense is a big reason we have a government. That's a really nonsense point. Of course our army, navy and Marines will have weapons to defend the nation. And while I understand guns are here to stay, it would be better if there were fewer guns. A lot fewer. 

I wish Russia had fewer weapons, too

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I agree with Ben Shapiro  @benshapiro

"Common sense gun reform" is in reality what the Left wrongly believes "thoughts and prayers" is for the Right:

an empty phrase denoting "I care" but without any actual problem-solving content.

Not one of the "common sense gun reform" proposals the Left proposes would stop shootings like Uvalde.

They know this.

So instead, they make absurd claims suggesting that the mere fact of action of any type will magically reduce shootings (see, e.g., Sen. Murphy).

Raising the age to 21 would not have made a difference in the Uvald situation? 

34 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Finally admit it. You just complain. 

(who has control of the House, Senate and WH?)

No, I'm outraged that this continues to happen.

The only country in the developed world JUST ACCPETS the massacre of its people by GUNS that the average person DOES NOT NEED.

You are the problem - you keep voting for roadblocks instead of solutions.

OWN IT

25 minutes ago, TSOL said:

There are extremely stringent requirements regarding who has access to weapons produced for the US military.

No such limitations are effective in our civilian gun culture.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No, I'm outraged that this continues to happen.

The only country in the developed world JUST ACCPETS the massacre of its people by GUNS that the average person DOES NOT NEED.

You are the problem - you keep voting for roadblocks instead of solutions.

OWN IT

I haven't been able to vote for any gun law. I do own quite a few firearms (again, I compete long distance) and not one has ever hurt anyone. Well, I did get a copper jacket frag in my arm shooting once.