What is better, no guns, or more guns?

9 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Childish responses? Arm volunteers at schools, mostly front office workers. 

do you understand how ridiculous this is? The problem is so bad we all have to carry guns. Step back and think about that

• Like (+1) 1

ANN ALTHOUSE ON THE UVALDE DEBACLE: 

“If the police don’t arrive and save us from violence, how can this event support the argument for restricting guns?

This is the very situation that makes the most responsible people want to own guns.

It reminds me of the summer of 2020, when there were riots, and the police stood down.”

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/05/when-specially-equipped-federal.html

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

do you understand how ridiculous this is? The problem is so bad we all have to carry guns. Step back and think about that

Not we all have to carry guns, but we don't know who is carrying. I believe you knew that but if clarification helps you see how it works I am glad to be at service. I will ask this question of you, I live a few miles from  billionaires and they have never had ANY armed robberies in their neighborhood- why is that? Neighborhood is called Isleworth, if you want to look it up.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not we all have to carry guns, but we don't know who is carrying. I believe you knew that but if clarification helps you see how it works I am glad to be at service. I will ask this question of you, I live a few miles from  billionaires and they have never had ANY armed robberies in their neighborhood- why is that? Neighborhood is called Isleworth, if you want to look it up.

We live in our RV. Travel around the country with the kids enjoying retirement.  We have a 4 and 5 year old. Oldest starts school in the fall. I have two guns but mainly just for wild animals as we often go off grid and just a bear gets hungry.  My issue is not people having weapons for hunting and protection its that the conversation needs to be stopping criminals from getting them.  Mental illness and age seems to be a big problem. We can't stop all of them but we can be better about this we're too smart not to be. 

All I hear is bad guy with a gun the criminals will get them any way they can!  Well why don't we ask how the criminals are getting them and close that door?  Or at least close it as best we can?  Maybe instead of the 240 mass shootings we've had this year alone we knock it down to 100?  Is that better?  It's not perfect but it's better. We can't have SEAL teams protecting all the schools it's just insane. This kid knew these schools had cops at them as he spent time in them up until last year and didn't care. He knew the cops were outside in the hallways and hid in closet until they came in and fired at them almost killing one guy who got grazed in the scalp.  This kid was no coward he had more balls than most of these shooters as he was willing to not only go to a place with security he was willing to fight the dozens of cops he knew were outside. That's ***** scary. He didn't just kill himself the second he faced resistance like most of the shooters do he wanted to go out blazing. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Well the billionaires in Beverly Hills are getting robbed.  Like when they asked one of Attica’s most famous residents Willie Sutton why he robbed banks. He said “it because that’s where the money is. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Can you imagine using your children as political props and being proud of it? I guess if thinking logically is not within your abilities this is the best you can do.

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well the billionaires in Beverly Hills are getting robbed.  Like when they asked one of Attica’s most famous residents Willie Sutton why he robbed banks. He said “it because that’s where the money is. 

So what is different between here and there? 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Can you imagine using your children as political props and being proud of it? I guess if thinking logically is not within your abilities this is the best you can do.

Can you imagine?

DX7S7H4KT5A27J4AH3DA6UHAQE.jpg

lol - thinking logically? lol - do you even think? Lolz

idiots

53 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We live in our RV. Travel around the country with the kids enjoying retirement.  We have a 4 and 5 year old. Oldest starts school in the fall. I have two guns but mainly just for wild animals as we often go off grid and just a bear gets hungry.  My issue is not people having weapons for hunting and protection its that the conversation needs to be stopping criminals from getting them.  Mental illness and age seems to be a big problem. We can't stop all of them but we can be better about this we're too smart not to be. 

All I hear is bad guy with a gun the criminals will get them any way they can!  Well why don't we ask how the criminals are getting them and close that door?  Or at least close it as best we can?  Maybe instead of the 240 mass shootings we've had this year alone we knock it down to 100?  Is that better?  It's not perfect but it's better. We can't have SEAL teams protecting all the schools it's just insane. This kid knew these schools had cops at them as he spent time in them up until last year and didn't care. He knew the cops were outside in the hallways and hid in closet until they came in and fired at them almost killing one guy who got grazed in the scalp.  This kid was no coward he had more balls than most of these shooters as he was willing to not only go to a place with security he was willing to fight the dozens of cops he knew were outside. That's ***** scary. He didn't just kill himself the second he faced resistance like most of the shooters do he wanted to go out blazing. 

Class A RV?

11 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Linking together unrelated events to seemingly give more clout to your personally held political position. 

You just want them to be unrelated so you can be moralistic about abortion and not about the leading cause of death of children, guns. 

You just don't want light shined on the GOP's hypocrisy 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can you imagine?

DX7S7H4KT5A27J4AH3DA6UHAQE.jpg

lol - thinking logically? lol - do you even think? Lolz

idiots

Those kids are on a field trip to the state capitol. What is wrong with that? You don't think they should understand how government works because DeSantis is republican?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Those kids are on a field trip to the state capitol. What is wrong with that? You don't think they should understand how government works because DeSantis is republican?

Of course you would find a way to justify Xi DeSantis using props for don’t say gay.

Freakn hack 

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

It’s the reality of the situation NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT. We have a 2A, that’s not going away... we have 400 million firearms in the country, that’s not going away... we have the highest number of medicated people in the world. So let’s try to be proactive. 

Ive already linked an article showing 0 school shootings where teachers are armed over the past 20+ years. It works. 

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course you would find a way to justify Xi DeSantis using props for don’t say gay.

Freakn hack 

As I said you only object because it is DeSantis thank you for proving my point 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So what is different between here and there? 

I have no clue but I assume you’ll tell me. 😁

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

It’s the reality of the situation NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT. We have a 2A, that’s not going away... we have 400 million firearms in the country, that’s not going away... we have the highest number of medicated people in the world. So let’s try to be proactive. 

Ive already linked an article showing 0 school shootings where teachers are armed over the past 20+ years. It works. 

And people scream it’s the ease of availability of firearms as the reason.  Up to 40 or so years ago (maybe even more recently) you could buy firearms via catalogs such as Sears.  No background checks. No waiting period (other then the time it to to be delivered) and no school shootings.  So can anyone advocating for more restrictions explain this?   

THe Truthers have begun their assault on the truth. Those poor parents have suffered enough and now these animals will be hounding them 

40 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lol nope

The GQP always doin Putin’s bidding 

Sickening! 

• Angry 1

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And people scream it’s the ease of availability of firearms as the reason.  Up to 40 or so years ago (maybe even more recently) you could buy firearms via catalogs such as Sears.  No background checks. No waiting period (other then the time it to to be delivered) and no school shootings.  So can anyone advocating for more restrictions explain this?   

Today unstable people are being radicalized on the web 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Ok how bout answer this. What are your ideas of keeping guns out of criminals hands? 

48 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Ok how bout answer this. What are your ideas of keeping guns out of criminals hands? 

Way too late , 393 million known guns in civilian US circulation. The barn doors  not only open they are blown off the hinges. Now we have 3D print ghost guns out there. Illegal now stop and frisk using profiling.

Opinion: New Law Will End Deadly ‘Flea Markets for Firearms’ at California Fairgrounds  July 10, 2021

Gun shows essentially are flea markets for firearms and are a primary mechanism by which unlicensed, unregistered and illegal firearms are trafficked through secondary markets. According to research by leading policy organizations, gun shows often create the opportunity to circumvent gun safety laws and are a common venue for “straw purchases” and illegal gun transfers. 

Gun shows also are a major conduit for the sale of ghost guns — gun precursor parts designed to be assembled into a firearm. When my staff and I recently visited a gun show, the most popular vendors were those selling ghost-gun kits for Glock-like pistols and AR-15-style rifles.

https://timesofsandiego.com/opinion/2021/07/10/opinion-new-law-will-end-deadly-flea-markets-for-firearms-at-california-fairgrounds/

Edited by ALF
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

too small fifth wheel. 21 kz Durango gold 382mbq full solar 

We had a Winnebago growing up - traveled all over the country every summer - weekends at Darien Lake in the fall - tons of fun.

Cant wait to get one in the future - best family vacations. 

49 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’ve given some of my ideas already (about 5-6). But the overall facts are, criminals will continue to steal firearms or use the ones already on the streets, illegally. 

Lots of stolen weapons in the gang controlled cities already. They are passed around. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

If only there was something we could do

Studies showed, it did NOTHING to stop school shootings. You know what has? Teachers with firearms. 

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

The problem in Buffalo was that the killer was wearing body armor. 

I understand that... but all I’ve been told here is the “the idea of a good guy with a gun is dead”. 

It’s NEVER been “dead”. It works. Not foolproof but seems it’s 100% proven at schools. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT 

49 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I’ve given some of my ideas already (about 5-6). But the overall facts are, criminals will continue to steal firearms or use the ones already on the streets, illegally. 

Lots of stolen weapons in the gang controlled cities already. They are passed around. 

Studies showed, it did NOTHING to stop school shootings. You know what has? Teachers with firearms. 

OK, so if all these illegal weapons around why don't we be proactive in stopping them from getting them?  You know the most common way they get them?  They sen someone with  a clean record to a state where it's easy to buy and then they get sold in Chicago where it's hard to buy. Why don't we come up with a way to stop that. Then slowly over time you have less and less guns as they are confiscated during crimes or thrown away after crime.  Cut off their supply chain. Cause what's happening now isn't working. 

Creating more lines of defenses in schools is just not normal. This school had SRO's and this Ramos kid knew it as did the kid down in parkland. They went anyways and still got passed them cause they weren't there. Not every teacher is even able to carrry. We all thought sro's would stop it...armed cops. They still try and have succeeded.  I mean we're sending kids to schools with armor plates in their backpacks in the hopes that it saves their lives. This is not first world country stuff. 

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

OK, so if all these illegal weapons around why don't we be proactive in stopping them from getting them?  You know the most common way they get them?  They sen someone with  a clean record to a state where it's easy to buy and then they get sold in Chicago where it's hard to buy. Why don't we come up with a way to stop that. Then slowly over time you have less and less guns as they are confiscated during crimes or thrown away after crime.  Cut off their supply chain. Cause what's happening now isn't working. 

Creating more lines of defenses in schools is just not normal. This school had SRO's and this Ramos kid knew it as did the kid down in parkland. They went anyways and still got passed them cause they weren't there. Not every teacher is even able to carrry. We all thought sro's would stop it...armed cops. They still try and have succeeded.  I mean we're sending kids to schools with armor plates in their backpacks in the hopes that it saves their lives. This is not first world country stuff. 

Dude, it’s not normal but since the dawn of social media, breakdown of the nuclear family, violent video games and movies... the norm is out the window. So you become proactive. Look at the Capitol. 1.9 BILLION to make it more secure after Jan 6. One incident and they throw BILLIONS to fix it. Harden it. 

The school didn’t have a SRO there. They had them in the district but they didn’t stand watch at that school. Many focus on middle and high schools. 

I never said we needed to arm “all teachers”. Go to a local school and ask how many would volunteer. At mine? At least six (every one I’ve spoke to about it) have said they would. 

Let me ask you this, it continues to get passed over from people here for some strange reason: Why have schools who ARM TEACHERS/or/STAFF have a 100% success rate? Zero school shootings in 22 years of keeping track? Why????? 

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Dude, it’s not normal but since the dawn of social media, breakdown of the nuclear family, violent video games and movies... the norm is out the window. So you become proactive. Look at the Capitol. 1.9 BILLION to make it more secure after Jan 6. One incident and they throw BILLIONS to fix it. Harden it. 

The school didn’t have a SRO there. They had them in the district but they didn’t stand watch at that school. Many focus on middle and high schools. 

I never said we needed to arm “all teachers”. Go to a local school and ask how many would volunteer. At mine? At least six (every one I’ve spoke to about it) have said they would. 

Let me ask you this, it continues to get passed over from people here for some strange reason: Why have schools who ARM TEACHERS/or/STAFF have a 100% success rate? Zero school shootings in 22 years of keeping track? Why????? 

well school shootings are so very rare so arming them doesn’t really have any hard evidence. 130k schools in the country you have maybe 1 of these a year.  

the Texas shooing was in the 60s. There have been all sorts of mass shootings going back to the 1700s. Look it up. It’s not a modern problem. 

again. Cut out the supply chain of illegal weapons. Raise the age to 21. Psych evals. If that leads to less shootings that’s a good thing. We need to stop the issue from the source and not accept that some kids will die until a teacher cops or sro gets there. Stop the kid from getting the gun

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

So ladies and gentleman - according to Mr NRA - the United States is the ONLY country on the planet that has social media, breakdown of the nuclear family, and has access to violent video games and movies… did you know that?

And this guys solution is to arm our teachers with this:

JFC 

Notice it’s never about easy access to guns?

Edited by BillStime
  • Agree 1