What is better, no guns, or more guns?

I was wondering what our 2nd Amendment supporters thought of this ruling.

Is it OK to restrict gun ownership to medical marijuana patients?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-court-upholds-ban-gun-sales-marijuana-card-41778814

"We live in a world where having a medical marijuana card is enough to say you don't get a gun, but if you're on the no fly list your constitutional right is still protected," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-court-upholds-ban-gun-sales-marijuana-card-41778814

"We live in a world where having a medical marijuana card is enough to say you don't get a gun, but if you're on the no fly list your constitutional right is still protected," he said.

medical Mary jane is for folks with mental disorders an rarely for people with actual phsyial disorders. I'm OK with this. Crazy, stupid and hippies shouldn't have guns

That comparison is very flawed. As discussed before, you can get thrown on an indiscriminate "No Fly" list for unknown reasons, but an actual "prescription ordered" card is pretty specific.

Having said that, I still don't like the ruling, the 9th circuit just hates guns more...................

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: Court Upholds Ban on Gun Sales to Marijuana Card Holders.

The ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco came in a lawsuit filed by S. Rowan Wilson, a Nevada woman who said she tried to buy a firearm for self-defense in 2011 after having obtained a medical marijuana card. The gun store refused, citing the federal rule banning the sale of firearms to illegal drug users.

Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has told gun sellers they can assume that a person with a medical marijuana card uses the drug.

The 9th Circuit said in its 3-0 decision that Congress reasonably concluded that marijuana and other drug use “raises the risk of irrational or unpredictable behavior with which gun use should not be associated.”

The 9th Circuit would probably give its judicial blessing to most any reason to stop the sale of even a single firearm, but that’s not what’s interesting about this ruling.

Smokers with a “legitimate” need for THC in California and other medical marijuana states lose their 2nd Amendment rights simply for having a doctor’s prescription. But in states like Colorado and Washington, there would seem to be no similar infringement on recreational users who just enjoy getting high

Very Inconsistent

Depends on the reason. I don't believe smoking pot should pre dispose you to bring banned from owning guns. Its no different from someone who uses alcohol.

My problem is if it is truly being users as medical therapy, what is the medical condition?

Is the guy psychotic? He shouldn't have guns

Is he suffering from chronic pain or some physical condition, sure no problem

Does he have some sort of job or marital anxiety ? Well that's the slippery slope. That's where things get interesting. Who gets to determine who is a danger to others?

Perfectly okay. People who encourage Tom Petty to make music shouldn't be trusted with firearms.

Depends on the reason. I don't believe smoking pot should pre dispose you to bring banned from owning guns. Its no different from someone who uses alcohol.

My problem is if it is truly being users as medical therapy, what is the medical condition?

Is the guy psychotic? He shouldn't have guns

Is he suffering from chronic pain or some physical condition, sure no problem

Does he have some sort of job or marital anxiety ? Well that's the slippery slope. That's where things get interesting. Who gets to determine who is a danger to others?

those bac aches and **** are psychosomatic. Those fruits are not trying physical therapy. Are not exercising. Etc. And those that do that and can't get by... weed ain't going to help them.

Are you nuts? I don't want to have my right to own guns restricted because I don't smoke marijuana.

medical Mary jane is for folks with mental disorders an rarely for people with actual phsyial disorders. I'm OK with this. Crazy, stupid and hippies shouldn't have guns

Actually, medical marijuana is for anyone with $200 to get a web meeting with some remote doctor to approve your prescription.

Edited by LABillzFan

This will lead to additional medications disqualifying you from owning guns, when does it stop?

I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a supporter of the legalization of marijuana.

So no, it's not okay to restrict the rights of marijuana users from owning a firearm.

Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is attempting to craft a reputation among her fellow Democrats as being tough on guns, but her efforts aren’t going the way she probably intended.

In June she attempted to reclassify most firearms as illegal “assault weapons” through an ignorantly crafted law that drew mockery, scorn, and a rebuke from Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker.

Now she’s once again made a fool out of her state and herself by launching “investigations” into Glock and Remington that far exceed her authority, and amount to attempts to intimidate gun companies by a politician....http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/31/healey-launches-gun-safety-investigation/EqmsKiAIeweTWxbuk0NKNO/story.html

Attorney General Maura Healey has launched a sweeping investigation into possible safety problems involving guns manufactured by at least two major companies, Remington and Glock, according to lawsuits filed by both firms, which are fighting Healey’s efforts.

The lawsuits reveal that this year, Healey invoked her powers under the state’s consumer protection law to demand that both companies turn over a wide range of documents, including safety-related complaints from customers and the companies’ responses.

Surprising no one, Healey’s arrogant bullying is steeped in her own ignorance.

While the article doesn’t explain what grounds Healey has stated for her “investigation” into Remington, her is her flimsy excuse for harassing Glock.

In her newly disclosed legal action, Healey argues Glock firearms are “prone to accidental discharge” and makes clear in court papers that she is concerned the company may have been warned about the problem and failed to act.

Responding to Glock’s lawsuit, she referenced news stories about a
in San Francisco’s Hall of Justice,
after his 3-year-old son accidentally fired his Glock pistol, and
at a July 4th party when his Glock handgun fired while it was in his pocket.

None of these incidents were accidental discharges, nor were they the result of design defects.

{snip}

You don’t have to be a gun expert to be able to tell the difference between bad decisions and design defects. When a person pulls the trigger of a firearm and it goes off, that isn’t a “defect.” That’s a firearm working exactly as it was designed to function.

This, like her absurd attack on guns she arbitrarily redesignated “assault weapons” based on her persona whims, is nothing more or less than an attempt by Maura Healey to try to intimidate gun companies.

Both of these incidents should spur calls for an investigation into this rogue Attorney General’s abuse of power, and perhaps lead to her impeachment from office.

I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a supporter of the legalization of marijuana.

So no, it's not okay to restrict the rights of marijuana users from owning a firearm.

Oh. So THAT's what Stoner Bob meant. What he wrote was:

I took it to mean that gun ownership could be restricted to just stoners like Bob.

I guess what he meant to say was, is it okay to restrict patients who have prescriptions for "medical" marijuana from owning guns?"