I love Aaron Williams' mindset!

Looks like we got ourselves a real live cowboy back there in the secondary and he's looking for a big round-up this year! Good bye Byrd and hello Williams! I'm really starting to think that Williams is going to be a better Safety for us in the long run.

Bills Mobile: Camp Countdown: 4 reasons Aaron Williams will excel | http://bit.ly/1ykUUyG

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Camp-Countdown-4-reasons-Aaron-Williams-will-excel/f0b230e6-55da-4f63-875c-df6bd754a15a

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we got ourselves a real live cowboy back there in the secondary and he's looking for a big round-up this year! Good bye Byrd and hello Williams! I'm really starting to think that Williams is going to be a better Safety for us in the long run.

Bills Mobile: Camp Countdown: 4 reasons Aaron Williams will excel | http://bit.ly/1ykUUyG

http://www.buffalobi...5c-df6bd754a15a

Good read, he's the key to the backfield & I hope he continues to develop strongly on and off the field. Having Freddy in his corner is a good thing.

With the CB additions one interesting thing I took from that was the short blurb about Brooks (realize the blurb is coming from the team). If they he can stay healthy we've got a stacked secondary.

Good read, he's the key to the backfield & I hope he continues to develop strongly on and off the field. Having Freddy in his corner is a good thing.

With the CB additions one interesting thing I took from that was the short blurb about Brooks (realize the blurb is coming from the team). If they he can stay healthy we've got a stacked secondary.

I agree, BB -- it's the reason why I haven't had my panties in a bunch over losing Byrd and Alonso. Staying reasonably healthy is the key, but even if one or two guys go down I no longer worry that they have to put Justin Rogers in the game. This secondary is going to allow Schwartz to do what he does best -- get after the QB with that front seven.

One of the things that I took as a positive from last season was watching Aaron Williams fly around out there. He looked like a completely different player at SS. He would bring it as well, absolutely hammering guys if given the chance. He actually looked better at CB last year versus previous when he was forced into the role. I liked the fact we got him signed to an extension and look forward to seeing how much of a step forward he takes this year. :thumbsup:

I just hope his safety play was a result of him adjusting to a new position and being a natural fit, and not the result of scheme from our former DC.

Same goes for a few guys on D, actually.

I think that there could be some truth to that but I am not sure in AW's case. His physical skill set is really strong across the board. he has very few (if any) weaknesses in his game. I think that he will continue to improve into an elite S. I am driving his bandwagon after wanting the guy gone prior to last year.

I just hope his safety play was a result of him adjusting to a new position and being a natural fit, and not the result of scheme from our former DC.

We could say the same thing for every member of the defense, particularly those who played in 2012 and 2011, in what could be considered the NFL's worst "scheme" of the last decade.

But, keep in mind, Wanny's rampant incompetence could actually lead us to question just how much impact Pettine really had. Any coordinator worth his spit would have brought some level of improvement to our talented defense.

And don't let the numbers fool you. Last year's defense wasn't that good.

You have good players and you have great players, what seperates the two IMO is the great players in this league are able to step up and make big plays when the team really needs them. It appears A Williams is turning out to be a great player.

Williams was also asked to play cover corner again last season due to injuries in the secondary and did a spectacular job. :thumbsup:

A Williams has quickly risen to the top of Bills MVP's IMO ...

Edited by Donald Duck

I love the fact that the title of this thread is actually grammatically correct. Very refreshing.

True, although technically it could be either Williams' or Williams's.

I was one of the few who did not want to cut, trade, bench him when he was struggling. (Better put, I didn't think he was a bust.)

I think he has the potential to be great...Gilmore and McKelvin could become an elite shutdown pair of CB's too.

If these things happen...this could be a secondary on par with Seattle's.

(One analyst already said by next year the debate will be Revis, Sherman or Gilmore?)

Edited by Bob Malooga

I was one of the few who did not want to cut, trade, bench him when he was struggling. (Better put, I didn't think he was a bust.)

I think he has the potential to be great...Gilmore and McKelvin could become an elite shutdown pair of CB's too.

If these things happen...this could be a secondary on par with Seattle's.

(One analyst already said by next year the debate will be Revis, Sherman or Gilmore?)

If we are talking next year at this time and their skills- I think Revis will be out of the equation... I think he is past his prime...

I love our secondary... To be honest I dont think we will miss Byrd at all. Williams, Graham, McKelvin and Gilmore is a great group and I am confident in our depth this year. We aren't going to have to worry about QB's like geno smith dropping passes right over Rodgers head this year.

And personally I hope Byrd really starts to feel the pressure when picks aren't falling into his lap and he isn't putting up good numbers as a Saint. I may just be bitter but I kinda doubt he will ever live up to that contract and some of his picks may have been gifts.

I have a question. Was Williams the one who was pretty caustic towards and about the Bills' fans a years or so ago? I don't remember who it was but I thought it was him and I wanted him to go pound sand. Now I think that this guy is going to be our next super star and I am thrilled to pieces that we have him! I agree with Johnny Hammersticks, I think that I'm going to buy his jersey this year, along with Kiko and Sammy's. I want to be one of the first ones to jump on Aaron's bandwagon and make sure that I get a good seat! It's funny how a little love, attitude and success can change one's attitude. I'm doing a complete 180 on Williams right now, especially after reading his twitter towards little Donte Whitner. Lol! Aaron is going to be/is twice the Safety that Whitner could ever dream of being.

Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19