Favorite beer?

YoloinOhio

When I was in buffalo for the 4th I tried this new Flying Bison beer that is brewed there. Well, it was new to me. It was great. I also checked out the Hamburg Brewing Company and was pretty impressed. Didn't love all the beers (did the sampler) but some were pretty darn good. I am a big Sam Adams fan, especially Octoberfest, but like to try different craft beers that I find especially the local brews when I travel. Also had the new higher proof Labatt Blue light (can't remember the name) and it almost knocked me over after a couple. Not a lightweight either. I am getting into football mode and already bought a couple 6 packs at giant Eagle today. Anyone have recommendations for my football fridge? I watch a lot of football so the more the better!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a brewery in Lakewood, NY called Southern Tier Brewery, just outside of Jamestown- they have all kinds of good stuff:

-Phin and Matt's

-Stout

-IPA

Yeungling has a seasonal beer out that I just tried last night and fell in love- Yeungling Summer Wheat

My neighbor bought a mixture of Blue Moon beer... I forget the name of the one I liked the best- I will try and look that up.

Great Lakes Brewery has several beers I like...

That should get you started, lol

Belle's brewery is good

Abita makes good stuff.

There is a brewery in Farmington VA that is good.

Great Lakes has a few good beers.

I like a milk stout here in NC, Duck Rabbit

Look around for a beer and wine shop, go in there and just try different beers. There are a few here, you go in and pay about $2-4 per bottle and can make your own mix. They have about 300 beers in at a time and they rotate a lot.

I love all things Southern Tier.. I've also been experimenting with local NC brews. However, my go-to beer has to be Labatt Blue. Nothing in this world says "I'm home" like an ice cold Blue. Labatt's Splats and all, I love me some Blue!!!

Oyster Stouts are such a nice surprise

Snake Dog Oyster Stout is really nice...sounds crazy but very good.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

This summer try the Saranac Blueberry...great flavor, not overbearing.

Shipyard Pumpkinhead during football season is a must.

wow, i am way in the minority here. i like yuengling and it's black and tan very much. those are my go to beers. i can drink just about anything and have had some really good and really bad beers. i've seen people slamming really cheap beer just to get wasted as quick as possible and i have seen people drinking really expensive horse p!$$ just to let everyone know they are drinkig really expensive horsep!$$. yuengling is just about the right speed for me.

Belle's brewery is good

Abita makes good stuff.

There is a brewery in Farmington VA that is good.

Great Lakes has a few good beers.

I like a milk stout here in NC, Duck Rabbit

Look around for a beer and wine shop, go in there and just try different beers. There are a few here, you go in and pay about $2-4 per bottle and can make your own mix. They have about 300 beers in at a time and they rotate a lot.

is it Belle's Oberon? If so I tried that in Michigan. Very good, simple summer beer.

I love all things Southern Tier.. I've also been experimenting with local NC brews. However, my go-to beer has to be Labatt Blue. Nothing in this world says "I'm home" like an ice cold Blue. Labatt's Splats and all, I love me some Blue!!!

I'm a fan of the Southern Tier 2X IPA... great beer. I wasn't a fan of the 2X Christmas Ale though.