Favorite beer?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the juxtaposition of these two snippets from the web sites:

The Paulaner monks drank Salvator as a substitute for food during Lent. The most famous brewer of all was Brother Barnabas who ran the Paulaner monastery brewery starting in 1773.

Mojo India Pale Ale

First bottled way back in 2003, this IPA from Colorado’s First Microbrewery is anything but traditional.

:lol:

Too many to list, but here is what is in my fridge at all times that the Giant eagle should have

12 Sierra Nevada cans

12 Hennepin by Ommegang (saison)

8 Two hearted Ale 16 oz cans ( belles IPA)

12 corona cans in the summer

12 of Singel by hardwood here in Richmond

Then usually a couple other six packs of interesting cans I find at the Total Wine.

As you can tell, I prefer cans if at all possible, and yes, it is actually better for the beer.

Edited by plenzmd1

Latrobe, PA!!!

Not anymore. Moved to crappy NJ in 2006 after bought by Anheuser-Busch.

There is a brewery in Lakewood, NY called Southern Tier Brewery, just outside of Jamestown- they have all kinds of good stuff:

-Phin and Matt's

-Stout

-IPA

Yeungling has a seasonal beer out that I just tried last night and fell in love- Yeungling Summer Wheat

My neighbor bought a mixture of Blue Moon beer... I forget the name of the one I liked the best- I will try and look that up.

Great Lakes Brewery has several beers I like...

That should get you started, lol

Was buy one get one recently at Consumer's. Very, very good stuff.

Personally, I don't really discriminate, I like pretty much all of them. If I'm in it for a long haul I go Bud Light though. Just very easy to drink a lot of it. Otherwise I like pretty much anything but sours and bitters. Tend to stay away from stouts as well, unless its the occasional Guinness.

Favorite types are IPAs, Brown Ales, Lagers.

Edited by Mark80

Not anymore. Moved to crappy NJ in 2006 after bought by Anheuser-Busch.

Was buy one get one recently at Consumer's. Very, very good stuff.

Personally, I don't really discriminate, I like pretty much all of them. If I'm in it for a long haul I go Bud Light though. Just very easy to drink a lot of it. Otherwise I like pretty much anything but sours and bitters. Tend to stay away from stouts as well, unless its the occasional Guinness.

Favorite types are IPAs, Brown Ales, Lagers.

I failed to mention that when I plan to consume mass quantities, it's Miller Lite

Too many to list, but here is what is in my fridge at all times that the Giant eagle should have

12 Sierra Nevada cans

12 Hennepin by Ommegang (saison)

8 Two hearted Ale 16 oz cans ( belles IPA)

12 corona cans in the summer

12 of Singel by hardwood here in Richmond

Then usually a couple other six packs of interesting cans I find at the Total Wine.

As you can tell, I prefer cans if at all possible, and yes, it is actually better for the beer.

Also an excellent one, lots of sediment though (if it's the Ommegang I'm thinking of). Usually pick up the big bottle of it when I get it and I can't drink the last ounce or so of it! Whatever, it's so good so who cares.

Edited by Mark80

or if I were in Germany (practically any beer)

This is so true. During my trip to Germany several years ago, it didn't matter where I was (and that included Berlin, Dresden, Munich (during Oktoberfest), Fussen, and Frankfurt), anything they poured out of a tap was 10x better than anything I drink here in the States.

BTW, let me get my one beer rant out of the way right now.

Go into Total Wine last week to get a case of Hop Sun from Southern Tier, only the greatest summer beer ever...and it is no longer on the shelves...cause you know why sell a summer beer in the actual freakin summer!!!!! Stop shipping it in June!!!!!

I am sure we will start to see the Pumpkin Beers and Sams Octoberfest and and the rest of the Autumn beers out any time now...right during the dog days of summer...cause whats better to refresh on a steamy 98 degree summer day than Sams Octoberfest!

We have one microbrewery down here, called Licking Hole Creek..farm too. They only brew with stuff they grow on the farm.

Their pumpkin ale was released in November last year...what a novel idea.

http://www.lickingholecreek.com/2013/10

Easterbrrok is right, there is creep in everything these days