Camp's about to start! Anybody miss Stevie?

eball

Can't wait to see Stevie in the NFC Championship vs Richard Sherman. Hopefully his 49'ers win, and play us.

I'd love to see Stevie help the 49'ers sweep the Seahawks during the regular season, preventing them from making the playoffs.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose just one WR for an extended period of time we will miss Stevie like crazy.

Based on what Hackett's been saying about timing the QB drops precisely to the WRs' steps, Stevie doesn't fit any more. The depth at the position, even without Stevie, is one of this team's strengths in my opinion.

Stevie talks. 49ers media guy roasts buffalo at 1 minute mark.

http://www.49ers.com...75-ed4b8fdaadfa

What I got from this is that he didn't give 100% in a lot of Bills games. Late in the season games like Pittsburgh, Jets, Falcons, Patsies Happy New Year game, etc.

You were probably joking but I don't think he is in danger of getting cut, since they gave a 4th rd pick.

49ers are flush with picks. Plus for a playoff team such as them draft picks aren't as valuable as they are a bad like, say, the Bills or Clowns for example. If SJ drops passes in pre season and some other rookie or practice squad guy that got has a good pre season I could see him being cut. Or, if he doesn't sync up with Kaep like he didn't with EJ. Most NFL coaches simply will not put up with WRs who drop passes that lose games and kill drives. Like Coach Marrone for example.

If he does get cut, I do not favor picking him up off of waivers.

49ers are flush with picks. Plus for a playoff team such as them draft picks aren't as valuable as they are a bad like, say, the Bills or Clowns for example. If SJ drops passes in pre season and some other rookie or practice squad guy that got has a good pre season I could see him being cut. Or, if he doesn't sync up with Kaep like he didn't with EJ. Most NFL coaches simply will not put up with WRs who drop passes that lose games and kill drives. Like Coach Marrone for example.

If he does get cut, I do not favor picking him up off of waivers.

Stevie would have to really fall on his face in order to get cut by the 49'ers. The 49'ers receiving corps is suspect, their best receiver is still Vernon Davis.

Michael Crabtree has his moments, but he's inconsistent. Stevie should compliment Davis & Anquan Boldin very well.

Stevie's staying with SF.

we may not miss Stevie at bills camp, but Stevie might miss Being there!

@StevieJohnson13: Saw my Bills Bros were checking in at St.JohnFisher today for #NFLTrainingCamp.

Y'all make it happen this season fellas. Yee!

classy

Wow, this guy is a scumbag! So happy we got rid of that punk!

Wow, this guy is a scumbag! So happy we got rid of that punk!

Check out that video I posted. He sounds bummed to not be here, the guy asks him what his thoughts were once Sammy was drafted.

Stevie rules. Gonna root for him when I'm watching the 4 o clock games.

Check out that video I posted. He sounds bummed to not be here, the guy asks him what his thoughts were once Sammy was drafted.

Agreed 100%. Of course once I saw the poster's age thread, everything makes more sense.

Yes, it's great to have an all pro tweeter on your team even if he is a choke artist. The God's fault tweet still gets the most valuable tweet award.

I love people who live in the past. I'm sure you've never said anything you've regarded when you were emotional at age 25. All I know is he played the day after his mother died last year. But keep holding something that happen 4 years against him.

And no offense, but I'll trust Jim Harbaugh's opinion of football player slightly higher than yours. Just slightly! :)

And no offense, but I'll trust Jim Harbaugh's opinion of football player slightly higher than yours. Just slightly! :)

No offense taken. Sounds like a smart thing to do! :D

I hold against SJ all of his drops and fumbles and stupid penalties, not his dumb tweets. I don't do Twitter and could care less. SJ is the epitome of the same old find new ways to lose Bills. I'm glad we've moved on. We'll see what happens is SF ...

Edited by reddogblitz

No offense taken. Sounds like a smart thing to do! :D

I hold against SJ all of his drops and fumbles and stupid penalties, not his dumb tweets. I don't do Twitter and could care less. SJ is the epitome of the same old find new ways to lose Bills. I'm glad we've moved on. We'll see what happens is SF ...

Fair enough. But I'm rooting for guy. He has always loved Buffalo and the Bills. He certainly had his flaws but I've seen a young guy who has matured a lot more than some of the fans who judge him for things that happened years ago.

If Mike Williams doesn't pan out, Goodwin battles injuries all year (again), I think some will miss Steve Johnson more than they realize. I was not so crushed by his being traded, but I think it is a bit of a gamble that Whaley took...on paper, it looks like we are pretty set at WR....but Stevie, and now Mike Williams, are really the only guys who have ever had any kind of proven, sustained success...if Sammy, Woods, and Mike Wiliams all produce like we hope, fine...we won't miss Stevie..but if one of them doesn't come through as we plan, we could be weak at the position..again...I must say, as big a fan of Whaley as I am, trading Stevie, when he traded him, is not one of my favorite moves...for a team going "all in" on their young QB (Whaley's words, not mine) how do you justify trading your most productive receiver?

More than likely, I think, Marrone had a big part in Stevie being an ex-Bill. For me, Marrone, more than EJ, is the biggest question mark with this team. All in all, I don't think he did an exceptional job last season, and I am hoping that these issues with Stevie, and now, it seems Dareus, to a degree, are not a trend. I was a little puzzled by Marrone giving Dareus free-time, away from the team, during the mandatory mini-camps. I will admit, perhaps there was a good reason for this that I am not aware of, but as much as I like Dareus, it is becoming apparent that he is not always motivated. If I were Marrone, I would have kept him in my view as much as the CBA would allow...

Edited by Buftex

If Mike Williams doesn't pan out, Goodwin battles injuries all year (again), I think some will miss Steve Johnson more than they realize.

this. Like I already said, if we just have 1 of our big 3 injured we will seriously miss Stevie this year. Say for example woods and Williams have an injury, there's no way Goodwin steps in as our #2.

this. Like I already said, if we just have 1 of our big 3 injured we will seriously miss Stevie this year. Say for example woods and Williams have an injury, there's no way Goodwin steps in as our #2.

You don't remember the Jets game at home last year (which we won btw)? SJ and Woods were both out and Hogan and Graham and Goodwin were our WRs playing. I think Easley even got in for a few snaps. Goodwin caught long and short passes all day long.

Edited by reddogblitz

A most comforting thought.

All kidding aside, you make a very good point.

Yeah.. I "like" Stevie on Facebook... a week or two ago he posted a picture of himself, in his Bills gear, from training camp a year or two ago, with some quoted wisdom (can't remember what it said), something about dealing with change...

stupid penalties. crucial drops. oft hampered by injury. silly celebrations. sillier social media gaffes = why not so serious?

he was an integral part of the culture of losing, I'm sure the coaches saw it too.

this is a great thread.