Camp's about to start! Anybody miss Stevie?

eball

None of which caused this team to suck the entire time he was here. I'm not saying I agree with that crap, but let's be honest - he only made the team better whilst a member of the Bills.

I'm not debating any of what you said- I was just listing his antics...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the new guy is not going to let this thread die a merciful death...

Which is to say that, yes, I think it will be interesting to see how Williams responds. He went from being a high draft pick and the presumed "guy" in Tampa to being traded home. His locker room presence, or lack thereof, was cited as a reason for being shipped away from a team and organization full of malcontents.

Hopefully Williams steps up and emerges as the veteran leader and presence he can be.

This thread is gonna pop back up during Superbowl Media Week when Stevie's team is playing for a trophy and Stevie gets his QT with the national media. Just a prediction.

SF is overrated in my book too, and SJ isn't exactly a puzzle piece to put a team over the top.

I can see adding fuel to this whole SF - SEA WR/DB thing that's apparently happening, or so Richard Sherman says. Perhaps they grabbed Stevie for his antics to play head games with them.

Or maybe they have a better groin doctor on their team, I dunno.

I'm under the impression that Chandler's overall drop rate is pretty minimal, though. Would like to see the stats. Every WR/TE drops passes at some point. Some it's a problem, some it's just the name of the game. To me, Chandler has very reliable hands most of the time.

far from reliable. Maybe not a case of the dropsies but far from reliable. He also has a problem running past the first down marker when it's 3rd and XX. Always seems to come up short. He also is a huge target and much bigger than most on the field but never acts like it and prepares for a crushing blow against even the smallest of CBs.

BECAUSE of the drops. 2 big ones last year loomed large in 2 losses. The Falcons one took the wind out of our sails and we layed an egg in Tampa Bay the following week. This may be OK on a 4-12 or 6-10 team. We hope to do better.

Do we really want to take the chance that in the last game of the season with a playoff berth at stake that he won't drop the biggest one of his career so far? I don't. And evidently neither does Coach Marrone.

He also won at least one game winning catch in the Carolina game. But that one doesn't count, blown coverage amiright?

It wouldn't bother me if a team like the Jaguars picked him up, but a yearly playoff contender saw value in him, so obviously his value isn't limited to "drops and antics".

I have noticed fans like to emotionally play down losses of good players, and play up gains of good players on the team which leads to these kinds of debates. That is why we are fans, way too emotional to objectively look at situations.

11 pages on a receiver that acted like a fool, dropped key passes, was enough of a distraction to be traded, AND he's no longer a Bill?

Insane. We're SO much better now.

not proven yet . maybe though

hiw is it that Chandler never Reciever any fault for his drop?

Or EJ for being in his first game ever and leading Stevie so far that Manute Bol wouldn't have been able to reach that one?

he dropped 3 or 4 out of like 83 passes. Stevie might have been worser. you know he got alligatory and did not want to play the slot

ouch ! ouch ! Thats a tough job to learn and not get creamed when put into harms way by a rookie Qb who couldn't yet protect his guys from big hits .

The slot was ugly last year . catch and go down asap

See the Da'rick thread. Sj13 thread will get fired up way before the playoffs.

I will be excited to see SJ13 blow it up when the light is on him. I think, this time, I don't know - dude's gonna kill it. He's earned it.

Same with Freddy, but I want Freddy to earn his ring here.

I will be excited to see SJ13 blow it up when the light is on him. I think, this time, I don't know - dude's gonna kill it. He's earned it.

Same with Freddy, but I want Freddy to earn his ring here.

I hope he lights it up out there, too...

But as a fan, if he continues to do the same things that negatively impacted his teams chance to win- It will just validate my approval of the trade..

Nice! Thanks for taking a joke in stride (not common).

I bust balls with the best of them, and the mark of a real jack wagon is not being able to take them in return, and thinking a difference in opinion is a personal attack...

Congrats on 5000 btw...