Ran into a Giant today

Was at lunch today and saw a guy wearing a NY Giants polo shirt. Being a Bill's fan I got up walked over to him to let him know that Buffalo is the 'only' team that plays in NY. He just looked down at me (I'm only 5'8") and said 'really'.

Turns out this was the guy:

http://www.nfl.com/d...burg?id=2543705

He went to Bushland High School which is just a couple miles west of Amarillo. Pretty nice guy and his Dad mentioned that he loves the Bill's.

Rich

Amarillo TX

Edited by N5ZC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at lunch today and saw a guy wearing a NY Giants polo shirt. Being a Bill's fan I got up walked over to him to let him know that Buffalo is the 'only' team that plays in NY. He just looked down at me (I'm only 5'8") and said 'really'.

Just curious ... what would prompt you to walk up to someone simply to tell them that Buffalo is the only team that plays in NY?

Turns out this was the guy:

http://www.nfl.com/d...burg?id=2543705

He went to Bushland High School which is just a couple miles west of Amarillo. Pretty nice guy and his Dad mentioned that he loves the Bill's.

Rich

Amarillo TX

I admire your grit, but day you may get whacked.

I just have to give fans of other teams flack, I can't stop myself. I had no idea he was an actual Giant, I figured he was just a fan wearing the colors.

Link works here. It's just draft info on Weston Richburg. He was taken 43rd over all.

Rich

Edited by N5ZC

I just have to give fans of other teams flack, I can't stop myself. I had no idea he was an actual Giant, I figured he was just a fan wearing the colors.

Link works here. It's just draft info on Weston Richburg. He was taken 43rd over all.

Rich

One day someone will make sure you stop yourself by stomping your head in. If you haven't noticed, there are some bat sh*t crazy fans out there.

Rich

I ran into a guy like you years ago at a pub whilst watching a MNF game. The Bills weren't playing, but I was wearing my Buffalo jersey. A youngster (about 21) wearing a Browns jersey (Browns weren't playing, either) came up to me, got about 3 feet from me and yelled, "Buffalo SUCKS!!" then walked away.

He was right. Buffalo did suck. But so did the Browns. I still don't understand his motive. I could almost understand if they were in the same division; but they didn't even play each other that year, so it truly made no sense.

Anyway, I hope you're at least under the age of 25. You should really consider keeping thoughts like that to yourself unless they happen to come up in conversation. You'd represent yourself a lot better that way.

Go Bills!

I ran into a guy like you years ago at a pub whilst watching a MNF game. The Bills weren't playing, but I was wearing my Buffalo jersey. A youngster (about 21) wearing a Browns jersey (Browns weren't playing, either) came up to me, got about 3 feet from me and yelled, "Buffalo SUCKS!!" then walked away.

He was right. Buffalo did suck. But so did the Browns. I still don't understand his motive. I could almost understand if they were in the same division; but they didn't even play each other that year, so it truly made no sense.

Anyway, I hope you're at least under the age of 25. You should really consider keeping thoughts like that to yourself unless they happen to come up in conversation. You'd represent yourself a lot better that way.

Go Bills!

You should have yelled "Cleveland swallows!"

I think it's funny. It's all in how you say it and the look on your face. If your dead serious and staring the dude down, yeah you may be asking for trouble. But if you say it with a little smirk on your face, I'm sure it's fine. Besides he's only 6'3" 300lbs, what could he have really done to you and your 5'8" frame?

Ya gotta wonder how many players get some pissant coming up to them and mouthing off at them.

Wonder how many of them get a stomping.

I guess we don't hear about it because the fan is probably too embarrassed by his own actions?

Ya gotta wonder how many players get some pissant coming up to them and mouthing off at them.

Wonder how many of them get a stomping.

Funny. My older brother got punched in the mouth by Cornelius Bennett at a bar in Buffalo. My brother, while a very good person at heart, can be a rip roaring d-bag when he gets into the sauce. Apparently, he started mouthing off to biscuit and must have crossed a line.

According to my brother, he punches like a girl (I don't believe him).

Whatever happen to the day when men walked around like they had a pair. I applaud you sir for having the balls to walk up to him and let him know who the real team in New York is. Personally I don't see anything wrong with what you did and who's to say that if the guy you said it to got all pissy that he wouldn't be the one getting his butt kicked??!!!

Go bills