LeBron James back to Cleveland

ALF

Wow, there's a lot of hate here. I encourage you to read LeBron's "essay" on si.com. Perhaps somebody wrote that for him, perhaps not, but the sentiments echoed certainly reflect a guy who has grown up and is trying to understand what's important in life. I'll have a hard time pulling against the guy from now on, and before this I couldn't have cared less.

I linked it above. I agree, it is a class act.

http://www.si.com/nb...eland-cavaliers

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, there's a lot of hate here. I encourage you to read LeBron's "essay" on si.com. Perhaps somebody wrote that for him, perhaps not, but the sentiments echoed certainly reflect a guy who has grown up and is trying to understand what's important in life. I'll have a hard time pulling against the guy from now on, and before this I couldn't have cared less.

Charles Manson wrote some nice songs. Does that make him misunderstood, too?

Huh?

If who added one more piece? And what finals did the Spurs have a good chance of not making in to?

This, I don't follow.

I was trying to say the Heat could have easily made it back to the finals if they got the Big 3 back. If they added one more impact player they could beat the Spurs as well. Also, I was trying to say that the Spurs have a tough road to even make it back to the finals in the West. I also feel that the Heat would have beat any other Western Conference team this season, they just matched up horribly with the Spurs. Make more sense?

It might make him a good songwriter. I'm not following you.

Yes you are. But others might not be.

Just because LeBron James put his name to an essay that makes him look like a super-duper guy; it doesn't make him a super-duper guy.

Actions speak louder than words. Especially when you pay someone else to write the words for you.

Yeah because a cult-leading serial killer is the same thing as a professional athlete who made 1 mistake in his entire career and has donated millions upon millions of dollars to various causes. I suggest you read up on LeBrons philanthropy efforts. Ugh.

Edited by Mark80

Yeah because a cult-leading serial killer is the same thing as a professional athlete who made 1 mistake in his entire career and has donated millions upon millions of dollars to various causes. I suggest you read up on LeBrons philanthropy efforts. Ugh.

There is another thread, or perhaps it's this one, I don't know - anyway there's a list of well over a dozen complete ass hole moves he's made over the years.

I appreciate your suggestions, but I don't take them unless I solicit them.

And if you truly believe that I'm comparing "a killer," to "a basketball player," then I suggest you go back and re-read what I wrote and make a better attempt at understanding the context.

*** EDIT - Manson never killed anyone.

Edited by Gugny

There is another thread, or perhaps it's this one, I don't know - anyway there's a list of well over a dozen complete ass hole moves he's made over the years.

I appreciate your suggestions, but I don't take them unless I solicit them.

And if you truly believe that I'm comparing "a killer," to "a basketball player," then I suggest you go back and re-read what I wrote and make a better attempt at understanding the context.

*** EDIT - Manson never killed anyone.

When you command brain washed cult followers to kill people, you've killed them. That's like saying people who shoot someone don't kill people, the guns did. Come on, you're better than that aren't you? He was convicted of murder after all.

Edited by Mark80

When you command brain washed cult followers to kill people in your presence, you've killed them. That's like saying people who shoot someone don't kill people, the guns did. Come on, you're better than that aren't you?

Why are you asking how good I am? You can't afford it, babe.

Yes you are. But others might not be.

Just because LeBron James put his name to an essay that makes him look like a super-duper guy; it doesn't make him a super-duper guy.

Actions speak louder than words. Especially when you pay someone else to write the words for you.

I'll freely admit I've not paid a bit of attention to anything LeBron has done in his private life, and I don't follow the NBA particularly closely until it's around Finals time. I do, however, like the essay he "sponsored" -- if he means even a little bit of it, he's not a terrible guy.

I'll freely admit I've not paid a bit of attention to anything LeBron has done in his private life, and I don't follow the NBA particularly closely until it's around Finals time. I do, however, like the essay he "sponsored" -- if he means even a little bit of it, he's not a terrible guy.

Okay. I can agree with that. I've oft maintained that LeBron James is seemingly an outstanding dad; which is job #1 for any father. I don't think he's 100% "bad;" I believe very few people are.

All I'm saying is that he has said and done a lot of things that make him a complete ass hole in MY book. I'm not saying that everyone should hate the guy. I just think he's a self-centered, egotistic, arrogant a-hole. But ... he may be the best father, son, husband, brother, uncle and friend one could ask for. He just doesn't do a very good job at showing that side of himself to those who don't really know him. Giving money to charities is a fantastic thing and it's also something he does not have to do. My hat is off to him and anyone else like that.

In a nutshell, I think he lacks class in comparison to athletes like Jeter, Ripken, Tony Gwynn, Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson (those are just the ones at the top of my head).

Even in his worst mistake, in my opinion the announcement, he donated all $2.5M generated from that stupid special to the Boys and Girls Club.

You're right though, by all accounts I've seen he's a tremendous family man and that's gotta be priority number 1. Married high school sweetheart, never a whisper of indiscretions that I've heard, always posting vids and pics of him with his kids, etc. I hated his move to Miami and how it was done as much as anyone, but people do change, people do grow up.

Edited by Mark80

Only for people with a short memory. The guy has been a colossal a-hole since his 2nd season in the NBA and the only thing growing is his personal level of douchebaggery.

I think I might even dislike him more than I disliked John Rocker.

Or for people who remember what their 20's were like. How many jobs did you change to make more money and have more success? If anyone cared enough about your decision i am sure you would have televised it.

Point is Lebron is not perfect and i am not a fan or a 'hater' of his. i think his decision today was one made out of class and desire to have a dream come true. Good for him and i think we all wish we had those type of opportunities, right?

Or for people who remember what their 20's were like. How many jobs did you change to make more money and have more success? If anyone cared enough about your decision i am sure you would have televised it.

Point is Lebron is not perfect and i am not a fan or a 'hater' of his. i think his decision today was one made out of class and desire to have a dream come true. Good for him and i think we all wish we had those type of opportunities, right?

See, this is the thing. I never blamed him for going to Miami. It was smart. He wanted a ring and he had the chance to get one and took it. I've never begrudged him for leaving Cleveland.

If "The Decision" was the only ass hole-ish thing he did, or even one of few, I'd chalk it up to immaturity.

But as he has aged .. he has become more of a jerk. He is not growing in maturity; only in age. That is my problem with him; not his career moves.