LeBron James back to Cleveland

ALF

See, this is the thing. I never blamed him for going to Miami. It was smart. He wanted a ring and he had the chance to get one and took it. I've never begrudged him for leaving Cleveland.

If "The Decision" was the only ass hole-ish thing he did, or even one of few, I'd chalk it up to immaturity.

But as he has aged .. he has become more of a jerk. He is not growing in maturity; only in age. That is my problem with him; not his career moves.

I'd really like to see this list. I'm completely oblivious to these things you're referring to and I follow basketball pretty closely.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd really like to see this list. I'm completely oblivious to these things you're referring to and I follow basketball pretty closely.

Meh, Gugny just sounds like token Internet argue guy who afaik, doesn't really exist in real life.

"See let me explain something to all you easily manipulated simpletons. Just because someone puts their name on something they didn't write doesn't make them a great person. What does make you a good person is those who "show the good side of themselves when the cameras are on - here are some examples". :wallbash:

NotSureIfSerious.jpg.

But seriously, Lebron was one of the most hyped up athletes ever when he was 16. Everyone telling him how great he was probably since he was 6. Pretty much impossible for anyone in those shoes to not be full of himself. The Decision was embarrassing but all in all, he seems about as level-headed and normal as you could reasonably expect someone with his cards in life.

3? Why not 2 or 4? It's arbitrary. And IMO, largely irrelevant in this instance. For a title-starved city like Cleveland, if the prodigal son that once jilted them and caused such scorn, leads them to even a single title, his lasting legacy will be marked by that accomplishment. The scribes are just itching to write that story; chomping at the bit. That would also put him one up on Wilt the Stilt in titles won. In any other case I would agree with your point about what cements an NBA legacy. This narrative is just different.

GO BILLS!!!

It's not really arbitrary considering Kobe and Duncan have 5 rings and Jordan has 6. Lebron can't get in on the conversation of the "best ever" unless he gets at least 5 rings -- even then it might not be enough considering Duncan has a legitimate chance to get number 6 next year, especially if they land Pao in the Lebron fallout. Considering his immense talent, if James only wins one ring in Cleveland, and I think he's going to stay in Cleveland until he's done now, that would be a disaster for his overall NBA legacy.

It's true Cleveland will love him if he delivers only one title. Actually, if he only wins one and has to suffer through idiots like me saying his legacy is tarnished by his lack of rings that would probably only make Cleveland love him more -- who better to root for the underdog than Cleveland fans after all. But in terms of NBA legacy the Cleveland return won't mean much more than a few feel good paragraphs in his bio unless it comes with multiple rings.

Edited by GreggyT

Great decision... Did it right...and I'm thrilled for Cleveland fans! Now go Sixers!

Like Buffalo football?? This is a VERY important sports topic...just because its not important to you doesn't mean its not important.

great, now the sports world can move onto the next unimportant sport topic

You're kidding, right? Didnt Kelly announce he'd never play a down of football in Buffalo? If he didn't I have been so mistaken for 31 years

i felt bad for Cleveland when Lebron left the first time. I felt like he was a traitor. Could you imagine Jim Kelly leaving us in his prime? But Cleveland has been real cocky lately. Johnny Manziel lovers, Donte Whitner talking crap on Twitter, Lebron fans saying how he was coming back and they were going to the win the title just like that. I was kind of hoping he would go back to Miami after all that

I'm with you..I follow the NBA fairly regularly and this is news to me. Outside of is one bad moment the worst thing I ever heard was his mom did delonte west and lebron was upset about it...

You're kidding, right? Didnt Kelly announce he'd never play a down of football in Buffalo? If he didn't I have been so mistaken for 31 years

What? Kidding about what? True, Kelly initially didn't want to play for us because he didn't know anything about us. But he didn't play for us for 7 years and then leave right in the middle of his prime like Lebron did in Cleveland. That would be the equivalent of Kelly leaving in the middle of our Super Bowl runs because he didn't think we could actually win one. That's what Lebron did to Cleveland

Clarifications:

I'm sorry that I don't have a list of things that LeBron has done to make me dislike him. The decision. The "not 2, not 3, not 4," crap. The post game interviews that only include I, Me, My and Mine (nothing about "team" unless he said, "my team). Just his general attitude and demeanor.

The Manson analogy was hyperbole and I use hyperbole to get my point across sometimes. Sorry if that offended anyone. Seriously. Not the best analogy to use.

I think LeBron is, overall, a good person. Especially in the areas of life that are most important. I am happy for Cleveland and I hope they get the championship they've been waiting for. And if LeBron can handle himself with grace, professionalism and a tiny bit of humility, then it'll be that much better.

Peace.

Clarifications:

I'm sorry that I don't have a list of things that LeBron has done to make me dislike him. The decision. The "not 2, not 3, not 4," crap. The post game interviews that only include I, Me, My and Mine (nothing about "team" unless he said, "my team). Just his general attitude and demeanor.

The Manson analogy was hyperbole and I use hyperbole to get my point across sometimes. Sorry if that offended anyone. Seriously. Not the best analogy to use.

I think LeBron is, overall, a good person. Especially in the areas of life that are most important. I am happy for Cleveland and I hope they get the championship they've been waiting for. And if LeBron can handle himself with grace, professionalism and a tiny bit of humility, then it'll be that much better.

Peace.

I truly believe that the best thing for Johnny Football is having James in Cleveland. If Manziel listens James has much about professionalism that he can teach the kid.

I'm not putting the guy on a pedestal. The decision and the immediate aftermath were disgraceful (to me) & I railed against him as much as anyone. If that's the worst he ever does he'll be OK.

Man, you must have got a slap on the wrist or something today! I combine the not 1, not 2, not 3 with the decision in general. Certainly the low point of his career.

As far as interviews, I always here him say "I," "me" sort of things when he is talking about the bad things (like losing) and I hear him saying "we," "us," "team," sorts of things when they are talking about good things. That's been my opinion on it and that's what a good leader should do, take the fall for the bad, and spread the praise for the good. That's always been my perception of it at least, I'm sure there are times when he has gone the other way especially talking about the team as "we" when they lose. "We all need to play better" sort of thing and I think that's fine.

I can definitively say that I've never heard him single any teammate out and I've never heard him say something like "I did everything I could to win but the rest of the team didn't do their fair share." Never.

Edited by Mark80

funny though in announcing he's taking his talents to lake erie's south beach, he concedes they're not ready for a title ... wow.

That's not shocking considering the flack he took (and still takes) for the predictions made during The Decision. It's the best way to live life as an athlete, or a person maybe: under promise, over deliver.

That's not shocking considering the flack he took (and still takes) for the predictions made during The Decision. It's the best way to live life as an athlete, or a person maybe: under promise, over deliver.

i cant follow basketball until semi-finals, so I dont know much about cavs. What is the rest of the team like? w/ James who/what else do they need to be a contender?

If the Love trade goes though they would be a contender immediately. Their best player is Irving right now a nasty PG who is young but struggles on D. I think LeBron will help whip that aspect of his game in to shape. They just drafted Wiggins #1 overall, a very raw but very talented player. If he stays (and is not dealt for Love or some other superstar level player) he will take at least a couple years to be really effective.

Triston Thompson is a decent forward that is young and could achieve 15 pts 10 board type numbers. Verajao is their big man. LeBron absolutely loves him. He plays all out all the time, but he's not that really that skilled. 10 / 10 type of player but he gives an effort that is on par with anyone. He probably makes the most sense to get rid of in a Love deal because of his high cap number though.

Last years #1 is the question mark, Anthony Bennett. Injuries really slowed his development and he didn't really do anything last year. Surely he would be moved in a trade if they can get that other superstar.

Oh, and Dion Waiters is their 2 guard. Again, very young, but he's progressed in his two seasons. 16pts last year, but his shooting has room for improvement.

I'd expect their lineup to be as of now Verajao C, Thompson PF, James SF, Wiggins SG, Irving PG. Dion 6th man. Wiggins is just too small at this point to play SF in my opinion. Could be conference winner, wouldn't hold up against the west though.

With Love - Love C, Thompson PF, James SF, Wiggins or Dion SG (if Wiggins Dealt), Irving PG. That's a conference champion type team right there and a contender for the title. Especially if Allen and Miller join in.

Edited by Mark80

i cant follow basketball until semi-finals, so I dont know much about cavs. What is the rest of the team like? w/ James who/what else do they need to be a contender?

They're stacked, having had the first overall pick a couple times in a row now. They have Irving at PG who is the best young guard in the league and is a straight killer and they are trying to get Kevin Love (which will cost them some assets so no one really knows the make up of the team quite yet). They have 3 first round picks next year and a lot of young talent to make the deal happen, including Wiggins who was the number 1 pick this year.

This team could easily go to the finals out of the East as it is now. With Love they're title contenders.

I linked it above. I agree, it is a class act.

http://www.si.com/nb...eland-cavaliers

I don't know how anybody who is a fan of Buffalo and the Bills could not love that letter so much.

I always root for Cleveland, esp. the Indians and Cavs, because I feel like they are our sister city. Sharing the same lake - same history. Everything.

This is so awesome:

I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.