Who Is Your Most Underrated Bill Past Or Present ?

Fred Jackson is nowhere near Barry Sanders; not on his best day.

I love Fred. But even the Bad News Bears had a "best player on the team." And no way did Fred account for an extra 4-5 wins.

I don't know any Bills fan who doesn't love Fred Jackson. He plays with a lot of heart and has done great things for a few years. But he's not an NFL great, by any means.

Fred Jackson. (I took this from the "Most Overrated" thread.) Edited by Rocky Landing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. I don't how much of it is just time and how much is people ignoring him because of his legal issues, but it seems to escape a large portion of Bills fans that OJ was one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL.

In terms of talent on the field, no one else in Bills history is even close.

All true.

No mention of Frank Lewis yet that I see. STUD receiver that made the mediocre Fergy look good.

Totally agree. Butler got more love but Lewis produced more. He was really great for those early 80s teams.

We have had a few pretty damn good linebackers over the years that were pretty unsung including Marvcus Patton, Damien Covington (RIP) and Mario Haggan to name a few. Jon Holocek was even pretty damn good for a minute.

Agreed. But how can you forget Sam Cowart? He was maybe the best LB in the league until injuries took their toll. Holocek was very good, too.

Talley

Outside of Buffalo not many people remember him at all. Talley was the glue that kept the D together, He kept divas like Bennett and Smith together.

Talley was also one heck of a LB that on any other team with lesser talent he would have been a pro bowler more times.

Talley will never go to the hall of fame but i think if you ask the guys from those SB teams who was the leader on D it was Talley.

whom ?

You hard core are turning this into one amazing thread !!!!

I can only go back to Joe Cribbs and heck i forgot about him by now.

Thanks for the enlightenment :worthy:

Willie "Satellite" Totten that's whom. Willie was the replacement QB in1987. Willie was also a four year starter at Mississippi Valley State, he had a pretty good receiver.

Oh yeah...another one from the 90's...Darrick Holmes. Kid was a beast for about two years...one of the last picks in the draft, the Bills used a compensatory pick on him. For two seasons (95-96) he and Thurman made a pretty dynamic 1-2 punch... they had very similar running styles, but Holmes was a lot bigger than Thurman...maybe 30 pounds bigger. The last time I got to see the Bills live, during the Jim Kelly era, was a 1996 home game against the Washington football team...Kelly had a really great game (got him out of a bad slump from early in the season) and Thomas and Holmes ran all over the Washington football team defense..

Marcellus Wiley

Phil Hansen

Sammy Morris

Larry Centers

Terrance McGee

Sam Rogers

Ken "no hands" Irvin

Good call... these last 15-20 years are becoming such a blur, I almost forgot that Centers played for us for a coupld seasons..a Pro Bowler one of those years, if I recall.

Nate Odoms and Carwell Gardner.

Odoms I think is a forgotten man on the defense from that era. The FB is a pretty dead position in the league. Gardner was a good one.

I doubt many of us have forgotten Odomes, and your serious about Gardner being a good FB?