Whitner calls out Sammy, Bills fans,Tim Graham,Talley...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins said "I can't wait to play Cleveland." If Whitner had said "I can't wait to play Buffalo." I can't imagine any reaction from Bills fans except anger and telling him to keep his mouth shut.

Where? I'm not saying he didn't, I just have not seen that anywhere. Edited by YoloinOhio

Wow. Sammie should keep his mouth shut. Players - especially rookies - shouldn't start things like this. If Whitner had started things by saying he couldn't wait to play Buffalo and Sammie (or, better yet, a vet like Mario or CJ) had responded like Whitner had, then I'd agree. But it didn't happen that way. Sammie was wrong. Still, there are 4 pages of posters ripping on the ex-Bill and sticking up for the current Bill. It probably didn't help that it was Whitner. He's hated here as much as Tom Brady.

Sammie thought Cleveland was going to pick him at 4 and they traded the right to do so away so I think he carrying a grudge. He should deal with that on the field, not in the press.

Watkins plays for Buffalo, Nitwhit has consistently bashed Buff and it's fans. I couldn't care less who started it. As Watkins is a Bills player and a fan- I'm taking his side, especially against Nitwhit of all people.

Watkins plays for Buffalo, Nitwhit has consistently bashed Buff and it's fans. I couldn't care less who started it. As Watkins is a Bills player and a fan- I'm taking his side, especially against Nitwhit of all people.

That's the whole point - Watkins didn't start anything. It was Whitner being Whitner. And has nothing to do with whether he is a bad, average or above average player. It is the fact that he can't move on from trolling the Bills and their fans, now two teams removed.

Watkins said "I can't wait to play Cleveland." If Whitner had said "I can't wait to play Buffalo." I can't imagine any reaction from Bills fans except anger and telling him to keep his mouth shut.

Sammy didn't say that in the article. Did he say that on Twitter or something? Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

you quoted nobody. please quote where Sammy said that. Sammy actually did the right thing there and didn't take the bait and said he plays hard EVERY game, doesn't matter who it is

Edited by kdiggz

BTW anyone who likes Sal Capaccio on WGR. he is hosting the John Murphy Show for the next 2 weeks. He will no doubt devote some airtime to this because he got pulled into a twitter war with some of Cleveland's finest after they got done with Graham on Friday night.

BTW anyone who likes Sal Capaccio on WGR. he is hosting the John Murphy Show for the next 2 weeks. He will no doubt devote some airtime to this because he got pulled into a twitter war with some of Cleveland's finest after they got done with Graham on Friday night.

Sal is on twitter more than most teenage girls. I wouldn't be surprised by this

Sal's the best -- just a genuinely good guy who knows a crapload about sports. Has his opinions but doesn't think he's better or smarter than anyone else.

When asked by Ohio.com if he will have a chip on his shoulder against the Browns because Cleveland traded back instead of taking him, he replied that he has a chip on his shoulder for every game. He mentioned one of the Browns DBs, Seattle's Sherman, and another DB (I don't recall whom) and said he knows he'll be playing against great players in the NFL but he has always gone out and dominated and that's what he plans to do in the NFL.

There really wasn't anything inflammatory about his remarks.

Where? I'm not saying he didn't, I just have not seen that anywhere.

Sammy didn't say that in the article. Did he say that on Twitter or something?

I got it from here:

http://football.gotnewswire.com/news/sammy-watkins-fires-back-at-donte-whitner-tells-him-to-act-like-a-vet

I'm retracting my comments about this being on Watkins. This is on Whitner. The article makes it seem like Watkins said specifically that he was looking forward to playing Cleveland, but there is no quote and I can't find a quote that singles out the Browns - or any other team for that matter. Sorry, I took the article at face value. I was wrong on this one.

I got it from here:

http://football.gotn...-act-like-a-vet

I'm retracting my comments about this being on Watkins. This is on Whitner. The article makes it seem like Watkins said specifically that he was looking forward to playing Cleveland, but there is no quote and I can't find a quote that singles out the Browns - or any other team for that matter. Sorry, I took the article at face value. I was wrong on this one.

:thumbsup: Glad he didn't say that, I was worried he tweeted it or something.

Whitner's biggest play with the 49ers was a play where he knocked himself out in a playoff game. They couldn't wait to upgrade SS.

We should ignore him. He will grudge as long as we listen because he was never worthy of #9.

You mean #8?

I usually wish the best for athletes (especially Buckeyes) but I wouldn't mind if he blew out his knee. If it ended his career one can only hope that he has secured the services of Allen Iverson's financial manager.

My fear is he comes into bflo and either takes out Sammy's knee on purpose or coerces Robert Woods into punching him in the face and an ejection. Donte seems really bitter.

I also find his tweet about Kiko interesting. Why would he even need to say he wouldn't wish bad on him? Isn't that a given in the NFL fraternity?

He also RTd the tweet from ESPN about the Bills cheerleader lawsuit not being dismissed. It all just seems in very poor taste.

I thought Friday nights and my lotion bottle was a lonely evening. Donte Whitner and Twitter has me beat (pun intended).

Seriously, he's trying way too hard. I have always stuck up for the guy and realize he is a damn good football player. But, this wears thin on me and I wish he would not do such a silly thing to a town that loves their team and at one point him. Many of us still cheer for him, disirregardless of how stupid he can behave.

DonteHitner@DonteWhitner 1h
    The people @nflnetwork votes on that!
    Details

Bi37njDE_bigger.jpegNFL Network@nflnetwork 1h
    @DonteWhitner No we don't.
    Details

NvpDkL1t_bigger.jpegDonteHitnerVerified account@DonteWhitner

@nflnetwork: @DonteWhitner No we don't.” {lies... No one in the 49ers locker room voted! None of my friends around the league voted!}

Basically, the top 100 players vote. Whitner was asked about it and said the NFLN votes for that after someone told him the players make the votes. NFLN's own Twitter account simply said "No, We don't." Whitner replied none of his friends/teammates in the league voted.

It does make me wonder, how many turned in a vote? What % in the league?

Edited by jboyst62

I thought Friday nights and my lotion bottle was a lonely evening. Donte Whitner and Twitter has me beat (pun intended).

Seriously, he's trying way too hard. I have always stuck up for the guy and realize he is a damn good football player. But, this wears thin on me and I wish he would not do such a silly thing to a town that loves their team and at one point him. Many of us still cheer for him, disirregardless of how stupid he can behave.

Basically, the top 100 players vote. Whitner was asked about it and said the NFLN votes for that after someone told him the players make the votes. NFLN's own Twitter account simply said "No, We don't." Whitner replied none of his friends/teammates in the league voted.

It does make me wonder, how many turned in a vote? What % in the league?

here is a good explanation of the voting process from PFT. It is a player vote. Basically all have an opportunity to vote, but less than half actually do so

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/inside-the-top-100-voting-process/

I got it from here:

http://football.gotn...-act-like-a-vet

Well done good Sir . I was surprised at your negative angle and pursuit in regard to young Watkins .

I am indeed impressed with your humility in this matter :worthy:

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Hi. This is my very first post.

It's time to be punchy to other teams. How bad was the 2007-2011 era with our 10-13 points a game?

Time to fight, be nasty, be talked about.

Time to not be the same old Bills since 2000.

I remember the glory days because I was there.

I had seasons, in 1992, at age 14. Not purchased by my family....purchased by me. Alone.

My dad would drive me to Drive 1 and drop me off. Try that these days.

I love me some Buffalo.

He and Tally are into it pretty good!

@DarrellTalley: ". @DonteWhitner funny thing. If I saw u I wouldn't know u to fall over u. 25 years later people still recognize me."

And, um, wow:

@DarrellTalley: "@DonteWhitner I'll have a grip around ur mother f** throat. U have no idea how far my reach will reach. B**." (and that wasn't censored).

Now they're going to box - Amazing :D

Whifner must be drunk. I can't believe the crap coming out of him tonight. Dude just challenged Darryl Talley to a boxing match

too much booze puffs donte up. remember when the cops tasered his dumb ass after he assumed "a fighting stance" outside that club a few years ago?

Edited by Dirtbag

I can't post it all right now but donte is now going after Darryl Talley's wife on twitter and talking about their daughter...

Is he still not right from that incident with the stun gun? #tasedandconfused

What is it with Whitner?

What is it with Whitner?

yikes. He had to have been drinking. First of all he would have been about 8 or 9 when the Browns moved away from his hometown so he should have some sensitivity to the subject, and his Browns fans followers would as well. Secondly, Darryl Talley is from Cleveland as well. I think he chose the wrong guy to go after as well as his wife and insinuating he hooked up with his daughter? Haslam needs to add him to the list of Browns who need to "tone it down" on social media.

This is totally nuts. Whitner is an ass. This has got to be a joke. No one can be this stupid... right?!?

at this rate whitner might not be alive by the time we play them in November. Talley at 50>whitner at 29

What a total cockhead! (Can I say that? I hope so because he really is one). Until now I have been relatively neutral towards him. Now? Well, if he wants me to lose my beloved Bills......I hope he contracts gonorrhea.

Edited by Dibs