Whitner calls out Sammy, Bills fans,Tim Graham,Talley...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitner is a joke. He really should just shut up and go away.

Yea. I was really jealous on how he got torched in the Super Bowl. Brilliant post Einstein.

As I said above, he had an excellent season last year. He really stepped up his game and was one of the better safeties in the nfl.

As I said above, he had an excellent season last year. He really stepped up his game and was one of the better safeties in the nfl.

So excellent that the 49ers decided to go another direction ?

I watched a few 49ers games, guess I caught his bad ones. He's a donkey.

Sounds like maybe he got lucky like 2012 spiller last year.

I hope he is as good as you say but there is a reason he is here now, while the 49ers are trying to win a SB. He gets a ridiculous amount of penalties. Whitner was so abysmal in pass coverage the two seasons prior to last, it makes me wonder if last season was just a fluke. We shall see. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

My first game at the Ralph was opening day against the Dolphins. Brandon Marshall flew by Whitner so fast he fell over. Luckily Marshall dropped the ball.

That's impossible...only Bills receivers drop passes. Ask around this board if you don't believe me.

I hope he is as good as you say but there is a reason he is here now, while the 49ers are trying to win a SB. He gets a ridiculous amount of penalties. Whitner was so abysmal in pass coverage the two seasons prior to last, it makes me wonder if last season was just a fluke. We shall see.

The 49ers signed Antoine Bethea to replace him in FA, and then drafted Jimmie Ward. Eric Reid was a stud rookie last year as well, so I think they will be fine without Whitner and they reportedly didn't want to pay him any more than 4 mill/yr whereas Cleveland paid him 7 mill/yr. Can't blame him for taking the money and going to his hometown team, I guess. If the Browns had not paid him, hard to say if anyone else would have given him that money. I do wonder why they just let TJ Ward walk without even trying to sign him. Reportedly when Banner and Lombardi were still there they were planning to franchise Ward, then when they got fired that plan went out the window.

Whitner is a Sub-Par safety, but he also comes across as a colossal, brainless ass.

He also singlehandedly lost the Super Bowl for the Niners. Flacco picked on him a llllll night

Fixed it for ya!!

'Lil donte has shown flashes of average while mostly playing below average football. He blows.

If he was so amazing, why would the Niners let him walk? because he blows.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Wow. Sammie should keep his mouth shut. Players - especially rookies - shouldn't start things like this. If Whitner had started things by saying he couldn't wait to play Buffalo and Sammie (or, better yet, a vet like Mario or CJ) had responded like Whitner had, then I'd agree. But it didn't happen that way. Sammie was wrong. Still, there are 4 pages of posters ripping on the ex-Bill and sticking up for the current Bill. It probably didn't help that it was Whitner. He's hated here as much as Tom Brady.

Sammie thought Cleveland was going to pick him at 4 and they traded the right to do so away so I think he carrying a grudge. He should deal with that on the field, not in the press.

Wow. Sammie should keep his mouth shut. Players - especially rookies - shouldn't start things like this. If Whitner had started things by saying he couldn't wait to play Buffalo and Sammie (or, better yet, a vet like Mario or CJ) had responded like Whitner had, then I'd agree. But it didn't happen that way. Sammie was wrong. Still, there are 4 pages of posters ripping on the ex-Bill and sticking up for the current Bill. It probably didn't help that it was Whitner. He's hated here as much as Tom Brady.

Sammie thought Cleveland was going to pick him at 4 and they traded the right to do so away so I think he carrying a grudge. He should deal with that on the field, not in the press.

He is not hated as much as Tom Brady. Many posters actually have said they do not hate him, What did Sammy say that was wrong: Was it this "I have a chip on my shoulder for every game, so it's not just the Browns." lol. Where is the grudge? Whitner probably didn't read the article, and just saw the headline that was made up to make it sound like he was specifically looking forward to playing the Browns, when in fact he said the opposite. The only reason this was even a "story" is because Whitner made it one. Here is how NFL.com headlined the same "story"

Sammy Watkins: No extra motivation for Browns

http://www.nfl.com/n...tion-for-browns

Sammy was in Cleveland for the Rookie Symposium and that was the Cleveland angle that the local reporter tried to get, but failed... but ran with the headline anyway for MUD and clicks.

He actually indicated he did not think they were going to pick him, considering he said they had very little contact with him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

When asked by Ohio.com if he will have a chip on his shoulder against the Browns because Cleveland traded back instead of taking him, he replied that he has a chip on his shoulder for every game. He mentioned one of the Browns DBs, Seattle's Sherman, and another DB (I don't recall whom) and said he knows he'll be playing against great players in the NFL but he has always gone out and dominated and that's what he plans to do in the NFL.

There really wasn't anything inflammatory about his remarks.

Edited by Campy

Whitner did have a better year for the 9ers last year, but he still whiffed on plays in the play-offs. I think the 9ers probably thought they could get someone cheaper to do the same kind of job.... likewise the Browns wanted an experienced vet who they could trust to play.

Seriously?? Most people were simply pointing out what an ass he was for calling out Sammy Watkins for nothing. He's not the worst safety in the world but he's not as good as his trash talking ego thinks he is either. But whatever...

It's been going on here for years.

We draft the guy at #8 and he plays well for us.....like a low first rounder.....we let him walk and he ends up in the Pro Bowl....like a #8 pick....but somehow this is his fault. We didn't use him properly. The Niners did and he helped bring them to the Super Bowl. Ask that running back he hit in the playoffs....if the guy is awake yet.

Anyway, there is not a flawless player in the NFL so mistakes can be picked out about any player. People on this board focus on Pro Bowler Whitner but are making plans for Easley's Canton induction ceremony. It's weird. It wasn't even this GM who made the mistake of letting him walk. If Darryl Lamonica tweeted a picture of his breakfast these guys would be lambasting him too.

I hope the Bills kick Whitner's butt too, but as part of a winning effort. It seems like many on here would be happy with a 72-71 loss if the 71 points were all Whitner's "fault".

What a jerk. Whitner has officially lost any remaining respect I had for him.

Agreed. He's on warning now! Hope They use that as fuel for the fire in that game. Make him look like the @$$hat he is!

It's been going on here for years.

We draft the guy at #8 and he plays well for us.....like a low first rounder.....we let him walk and he ends up in the Pro Bowl....like a #8 pick....but somehow this is his fault. We didn't use him properly. The Niners did and he helped bring them to the Super Bowl. Ask that running back he hit in the playoffs....if the guy is awake yet.

<snip>

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3813417/eddielacy_medium.gif

Love the GIF, but to be fair, Eddie Lacy runs over a lot of mofo's. Whitner is not a bad safety. He is definitely above average, and could really flourish if utilized properly. I think Pettine will. He is just such a jackass though!

When asked by Ohio.com if he will have a chip on his shoulder against the Browns because Cleveland traded back instead of taking him, he replied that he has a chip on his shoulder for every game. He mentioned one of the Browns DBs, Seattle's Sherman, and another DB (I don't recall whom) and said he knows he'll be playing against great players in the NFL but he has always gone out and dominated and that's what he plans to do in the NFL.

There really wasn't anything inflammatory about his remarks.

Watkins said "I can't wait to play Cleveland." If Whitner had said "I can't wait to play Buffalo." I can't imagine any reaction from Bills fans except anger and telling him to keep his mouth shut.