Thad was more impressive than I thought last year

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Thad, I think he's a solid backup. He did well considering he was late to join the team and played catchup most of the year. Seems to have a fire and tough too.

The kid reminded me of Fitz when he made that throw and got clocked in the first Miami game. Other players gotta respect that kinda gritty.

Solid backup without the potential to be anything more than that. I don't want to see him starting any more than I wanted to see Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Young, or any of the other cast-offs that this team has decided to sign. We live (or die) with EJ for 2014 and then see where this team goes from there.

I don't want Thad to start over Manuel...but I think people were pretty harsh in their criticism of him last season.. I think he did a credible job as a backup, particularly considering he had no training camp with the Bills, and was just barely a "vet" backup himself. He does need to work on the fumbling thing, but the guy had a knack for making some plays.

I don't want Thad to start over Manuel...but I think people were pretty harsh in their criticism of him last season.. I think he did a credible job as a backup, particularly considering he had no training camp with the Bills, and was just barely a "vet" backup himself. He does need to work on the fumbling thing, but the guy had a knack for making some plays.

More fumbling and a higher rate of sacks per pass attempt. None the less had similar unremarkable numbers under center. This is his 4th year in the NFL. Sure he lacked a significant amount of starts. That doesn't mean he's not a veteran. 3 years in the NFL is a pretty long time.

Am I missing something.....where is it where people are saying Thad should start over EJ?

To me its more like if something bad happens we arent dumpster diving for a QB to play on Sunday........

We absolutely need EJ to take that next step.......but isnt it kinda rare in todays NFL for a QB to play every game and not get dinged up here and there?

Need a guy that can step in and help the team win 2-3 games.

I don't think it's rare at all for QB's to not get dinged up. Heck, if you look at the guys that started for most teams in the NFL, you would see QB's that played from the preseason through the playoffs (to the degree applicable). We didn't see Brock Osweiler coming in for Peyton Manning or Jordan Palmer taking snaps for Jay Cutler. What we need is for our starter to stay healthy and on the field, and not to assume that this year will look like last.

More fumbling and a higher rate of sacks per pass attempt. None the less had similar unremarkable numbers under center. This is his 4th year in the NFL. Sure he lacked a significant amount of starts. That doesn't mean he's not a veteran. 3 years in the NFL is a pretty long time.

This. I can live with him as a backup, but I don't like his game at all. Not really good in the pocket. The guy is a turnover machine too.

I think we should all hope that tuel has upped his game enough to bypass him, because tuel strikes me as having more upside.

FireChan would have Thad Lewis and Bryce Brown than EJ and CJ Spiller. Makes sense. Are you really BuffaloBarbarian?

And for the record, Thad (who was in his 3rd season) is a very servicable backup and I'm glad to have him on the team.

No one said this. What's wrong with you?

I don't think it's rare at all for QB's to not get dinged up. Heck, if you look at the guys that started for most teams in the NFL, you would see QB's that played from the preseason through the playoffs (to the degree applicable). We didn't see Brock Osweiler coming in for Peyton Manning or Jordan Palmer taking snaps for Jay Cutler. What we need is for our starter to stay healthy and on the field, and not to assume that this year will look like last.

Jay Cutler missed like 5 games and Josh McCown came in and dominated. It was the biggest story of the year. Orton started a do-or-die game for the 'Boys. It happens.

No one said this. What's wrong with you?

Jay Cutler missed like 5 games and Josh McCown came in and dominated. It was the biggest story of the year. Orton started a do-or-die game for the 'Boys. It happens.

In the other thread, you said you think Brown will be a better back than Spiller. You have many threads where you trash EJ and now you are pimping Lewis. not really a stretch to think you like Lewis better.

Am I missing something.....where is it where people are saying Thad should start over EJ?

To me its more like if something bad happens we arent dumpster diving for a QB to play on Sunday........

We absolutely need EJ to take that next step.......but isnt it kinda rare in todays NFL for a QB to play every game and not get dinged up here and there?

Need a guy that can step in and help the team win 2-3 games.

No one has posted that, I don't know where it came from.

In the other thread, you said you think Brown will be a better back than Spiller. You have many threads where you trash EJ and now you are pimping Lewis. not really a stretch to think you like Lewis better.

You know what they say about ASSumptions.

Edited by FireChan