Unstoppable CJ

That isn't what I said. The reason Spiller wasn't producing last year was because he was playing on one leg. I imagine he would have had similar stats this year if not for his injury. But that is all speculation.

A better passing game wouldn't have hurt. How would a better passing game help this year but not last year?

Never mind. I see what you're saying. I thought you were trying to dump all the blame on the poor passing game.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm impressed that you can type with the way you constantly talk out of your butt. The Eagles had 2 1st team all pro offensive linemen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_All-Pro_Team People cry about Andy "freaking" Levitre and he hasn't he played in a pro bowl. No current Bills' olinemen has. The Eagles had 2 1st team all pros. I'm sure that helps as a rb.

You're the type of fan who has a 2 second memory. That guy had a bad game. Replace him. I saw Brown have a good game once. He's going to be that Spiller.

$50 and we can both put in it our sig for everyone to see - I say Spiller outrushes Brown in 2014, you say Brown will outrush Spiller. Deal?

ill take a friendly bet. Brown will have more rushing yards and TDs than CJ.

Biscuit, do you wanna bet which RB is on the roster in 2015?

I'd guess Spiller and Brown, who was brought in as a hedge against Freddy's potential decline.

The only way Spiller doesn't end up with more attempts and more yards in '14 is if he's hurt and misses a few games.

GO BILLS!!!

They really need to extend CJ. Depending on Jackson (who is 33 right now), I pray to God we don't go into 2015 with Bryce Brown backed up by Dixon.

i think your undervaluing Bryce Brown and Dixon.

Fwiw, this coaching staff inherited these bum wheel RBs. It is known they went hard after Brown last year so they obviously have some sort of faith in him. My guess is, CJ won't be here next season because this coaching staff doesn't want him or believe in him. Freddy may make the cut if he stays healthy and takes a cut to make vet minimum just to be one of the leaders of the team.

Biscuit, do you wanna bet which RB is on the roster in 2015?

thats a no brainer. CJ won't be here. Bank it. He either sucks an we don't re-sign him. Or he has a stud year and wants too much money and we don't re-sign him. Either way, he's gone. And I'm personally good with it.

i think your undervaluing Bryce Brown and Dixon.

Fwiw, this coaching staff inherited these bum wheel RBs. It is known they went hard after Brown last year so they obviously have some sort of faith in him. My guess is, CJ won't be here next season because this coaching staff doesn't want him or believe in him. Freddy may make the cut if he stays healthy and takes a cut to make vet minimum just to be one of the leaders of the team.

thats a no brainer. CJ won't be here. Bank it. He either sucks an we don't re-sign him. Or he has a stud year and wants too much money and we don't re-sign him. Either way, he's gone. And I'm personally good with it.

I think I have good cause to undervalue them both. Funny how you have all the reasons in the world to dislike CJ Spiller, but you want a player who is statistically close to or equal to Spiller, (I would argue they aren't close at all) and a guy who has less than 500 career yards in 4 years. I like the acquisition of depth at RB but if we obtained them as replacements for Jackson and Spiller?...Forget that. To each his own though.

Edited by What a Tuel

I think I have good cause to undervalue them both. Funny how you have all the reasons in the world to dislike CJ Spiller, but you want a player who is statistically close to or equal to Spiller, (I would argue they aren't close at all) and a guy who has less than 500 career yards in 4 years. I like the acquisition of depth at RB but if we obtained them as replacements for Jackson and Spiller?...Forget that. To each his own though.

maybe because I believe that CJ is and will never be anything more than a situational back that consistently gets injured and is consistently inconsistent. He's also 4 years in and has not proven anything.

I also believe Brown can and will be a feature back that can handle the load of being a feature back.

To each his own.

maybe because I believe that CJ is and will never be anything more than a situational back that consistently gets injured and is consistently inconsistent. He's also 4 years in and has not proven anything.

I also believe Brown can and will be a feature back that can handle the load of being a feature back.

To each his own.

Its already agreed that once Jackson goes, Spiller can't be the sole back, but like I said you are crazy if you think a Brown Dixon combo will make the Bills better than Jackson Spiller, or even Brown Spiller. Absolutely nuts. We need to extend Spiller period.

Edit: I dispute that Spiller is inconsistent or injury prone, but that has already been hashed and rehashed in this thread.

Edited by What a Tuel

Its already agreed that once Jackson goes, Spiller can't be the sole back, but like I said you are crazy if you think a Brown Dixon combo will make the Bills better than Jackson Spiller, or even Brown Spiller. Absolutely nuts. We need to extend Spiller period.

Edit: I dispute that Spiller is inconsistent or injury prone, but that has already been hashed and rehashed in this thread.

yes. I do think Brown will be better than Spiller. And the coaching staff will most likely see the same thing as they keep Brown but not CJ next season. But time will tell.

If you don't think CJ is injury prone or inconsistent im not really sure what to say other than I don't think you know jack about football or CJ Spiller.

Edited by mrags

They really need to extend CJ. Depending on Jackson (who is 33 right now), I pray to God we don't go into 2015 with Bryce Brown backed up by Dixon.

That will not happen.

Even if Bryce Brown steps up and becomes the best RB on the team, which is not out of the question, the Bills will sign a free agent RB or draft one to provide more depth.

He will be a better back than Spiller. I haven't backpedaled You just don't know how to argue, you rely on snide comments and posts with no substance.

Here;s what I said in post #77.

I like CJ on this team as a #2 guy. Best case scenario, Freddy produces for a few years, CJ gets signed to a reasonable deal, and Bryce Brown becomes our #1 with CJ staying in his CJ role.

Did you see what I said there? I said in a few years. I marked it as best as I could. You know what that means? It means not this year.

CJ > Brown.

Bryce Brown

College - 476 career rushing yards, 4.6 avg., 3 TDs, 140 Rec yards, 1 TD. Not invited to NFL Combine.

Pro - 878 career rushing yards, 4.6 avg. 6 TDs, 12 Receptions

CJ Spiller

College - 4,480 career rushing yards, 5.9 avg, 32 TDs, 1362 Rec yards, 12 TD. 8 Special teams TDs. ACC Player of year, consensus All American.

Pro - 3,015 career rushing yards, 5.1 avg., 12 TDs, 139 Receptions

In case anyone is curious - if Spiller stays at 5.1 avg. for a career, that is tied for #6 all time, and #4 as a RB. He's doing fine.

yes. I do think Brown will be better than Spiller. And the coaching staff will most likely see the same thing as they keep Brown but not CJ next season. But time will tell.

If you don't think CJ is injury prone or inconsistent im not really sure what to say other than I don't think you know jack about football or CJ Spiller.

If you think Spiller is injury prone then every RB in the league is injury prone. RB's get banged up. He has started the vast majority of his games though.

As for inconsistency? He is fairly consistent statistically overall looking at the years he has started and the number of carries. If he didn't have a banged up leg last year he might've matched 2012. Still 933 yards on 202 carries isn't bad.

If you are talking about in game play by play? Well as others have said, running him up the middle isn't playing to his strengths.

I mean if you want to question my football knowledge that 's fine, but I suggest you look at other variables when talking about football rather than this guy sucks, or that guy is great independent of any situational variables (i.e. in your world "excuses").

Edited by What a Tuel

Anyone remember last year when Fred Jackson dropped a ball on purpose to stop the clock on the last drive against Carolina?

Anyone remember CJ running out of bounds with no one around him instead of going down and running the clock late in first half which gave the ball back to Miami?

This tells me everything about who I want on the field in crucial situtations!

CJ > Brown.

Bryce Brown

College - 476 career rushing yards, 4.6 avg., 3 TDs, 140 Rec yards, 1 TD. Not invited to NFL Combine.

Pro - 878 career rushing yards, 4.6 avg. 6 TDs, 12 Receptions

CJ Spiller

College - 4,480 career rushing yards, 5.9 avg, 32 TDs, 1362 Rec yards, 12 TD. 8 Special teams TDs. ACC Player of year, consensus All American.

Pro - 3,015 career rushing yards, 5.1 avg., 12 TDs, 139 Receptions

In case anyone is curious - if Spiller stays at 5.1 avg. for a career, that is tied for #6 all time, and #4 as a RB. He's doing fine.

College stats. Ha.

Why didn't you include where they were drafted?

Bryce Brown has half of Spiller's career touchdowns playing as the backup in Philly after 2 years. Yikes.

If you think Spiller is injury prone then every RB in the league is injury prone. RB's get banged up. He has started the vast majority of his games though.

As for inconsistency? He is fairly consistent statistically overall looking at the years he has started and the number of carries. If he didn't have a banged up leg last year he might've matched 2012. Still 933 yards on 202 carries isn't bad.

If you are talking about in game play by play? Well as others have said, running him up the middle isn't playing to his strengths.

I mean if you want to question my football knowledge that 's fine, but I suggest you look at other variables when talking about football rather than this guy sucks, or that guy is great independent of any situational variables (i.e. in your world "excuses").

Have you seen some of the All-22? Or talked to posters who have seen some?

I'm asking because everything I've heard about CJ based on the tape, is that he consistently missed holes last year. Not that holes weren't made. Not the defenses stacking box. Not that all of the plays sucked.

Edited by FireChan

Folks should look at as much video as they can and focus in on the defensive keys when Spiller is in the back field.

GO BILLS!!!

Who does the defense key on when Peterson is in the backfield? (and he's in the backfield one heck of a lot more than CJ)

Who does the defense key on when Megatron is on the field?

Who does the defense key on when AJ Green is on the field?

Who does the defense key on when McCoy is on the field?

With a rookie QB and a below average O-line who did the defense key on when FJ was on the field?

Spiller either can or can't get it done. To this point in his career he has not been able to sustain himself for a 16 game season. Until he does his potential is unrealized.

But you don't think having QBs like Trent and Fitz limit Spiller? I love Fitz but him and Edwards aren't exactly stretching the field. Teams bring extra guys to the box when they are under center.

Not everything is so black and white. Who do think Belichick game plans to stop against the Bills? And again, this is a guy who was hurt and still averages 5.1 ypc for his CAREER.

My guess is Belichick has been more worried about Jackson than Spiller. FJ is the guy who is always there, always fighting forward. CJ is electric at times, but, at times he disappears. This would be a great ??? to get answered truthfully, too bad it'll never happen.

:lol: :lol:

Who ran SJ out of town? The BOARD MEMBERS?

Yes, we have the power. Surprised you didn't know this.

He's missed three games in his career.

And he's never been THE guy for 16 games either.

Finally, I'll leave you with this...for CJ's NFL career to this point...at crunch time who would you rather have on the field, CJ or FJ? If you say CJ I have to question how much football you've watched. The #9 pick (not his fault) has not beaten out the UDFA. Father Time may finally be catching up to JF, but...so far I want Jackson in the backfield with the game on the line. He's simply been a more complete player.

Who does the defense key on when Peterson is in the backfield? (and he's in the backfield one heck of a lot more than CJ)

Who does the defense key on when Megatron is on the field?

Who does the defense key on when AJ Green is on the field?

Who does the defense key on when McCoy is on the field?

With a rookie QB and a below average O-line who did the defense key on when FJ was on the field?

Spiller either can or can't get it done. To this point in his career he has not been able to sustain himself for a 16 game season. Until he does his potential is unrealized.

My guess is Belichick has been more worried about Jackson than Spiller. FJ is the guy who is always there, always fighting forward. CJ is electric at times, but, at times he disappears. This would be a great ??? to get answered truthfully, too bad it'll never happen.

Yes, we have the power. Surprised you didn't know this.

And he's never been THE guy for 16 games either.

Finally, I'll leave you with this...for CJ's NFL career to this point...at crunch time who would you rather have on the field, CJ or FJ? If you say CJ I have to question how much football you've watched. The #9 pick (not his fault) has not beaten out the UDFA. Father Time may finally be catching up to JF, but...so far I want Jackson in the backfield with the game on the line. He's simply been a more complete player.

Each a good point . The last is a nice closer . We all no damn well the same plays were called for both Fred and CJ when they ran between the tackles and not by coincidence , Fred aint gonna live forever and CJ cant pound the rock . So hello Bryce Brown , and a howdy do Anthony Dixon !

Cj has a talent and can be a major threat still. But does he fit with Marrones view of the world ?

Gailey did swell with the offense especially using Spiller .

CJ goes as the Nathaniel goes .

i will root for him as hard as i do Fred this year .

Against the Browns, he averaged 8.3 ypc and only had 8 carries. His last carry was 54 yard td.

Wow, what great numbers! In the other 7 carries, he gained a whopping 10 yards. Defensive coordinators around the league are certainly shivering. They also cower at the thought of our team being 2nd in rushing yards and 28th in Time of Possession!!!

Spiller does nothing but win football games for the Buffalo Bills. He was a steal at #9, no?

Wow, what great numbers! In the other 7 carries, he gained a whopping 10 yards. Defensive coordinators around the league are certainly shivering. They also cower at the thought of our team being 2nd in rushing yards and 28th in Time of Possession!!!

Spiller does nothing but win football games for the Buffalo Bills. He was a steal at #9, no?

That is my issue with Spiller as well. Give me a back who consistently runs for 4 or 5 yards every time he touches the ball any day. That moves the chains. Backs like Spiller look good on highlight reels however. Not Spillers fault, it's just the way of the waterbug.