Unstoppable CJ

You're right. If LeSean McCoy played on this team last year instead of one with 2 1st time all pro offensive linemen, he would have the same exact stats. Everything is black and white. Happy Friday.

Lesean McCoy probably doesn't use excuses about being beat up when playing a mans game. LeSean McCoys fans probably don't use those same excuses. Same with MJD, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Etc.

But if you want to keep making excuses for him that's fine. I used to bit I'm done with it. Done it for years. Used to think Chan was crazy for all his "he gets winded" talk. Now I just think he was right. Same with Hacketts "well run CJ until he throws up" I never saw chunks on the field last year. Believe whatever you want. CJ Spiller is in a contract year with probably the best team he's ever had around him. He should have the best year of his career. I think he'll bust again. You think he'll be great. I think by week 8 well see Brown emerge as the starting RB and well find out I'm right. For the Bills season and playoff hopes, I hope your right and he has the year of a lifetime. We shall see. My opinion has been noted. I'll remember yours at the end of the year.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't give 2 chits if the Pats signed Spiller. He's easy to defend against.

He's easy to defend against ? Please stop or use quadruple sized IMO's.

When he gets a halfway decent block linebackers struggle to stay on their feet vs CJ.

Hence the high YPC.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QpLIDa2FdTA

Avatar bet time !! Over under 1300 total yards for cj Whose in ?

total yards?!?!?! For a big talker :D you sure set the bar low.

Since I only care about one stat I won't be taking your bet. Hopefully Spiller has a decent season.

He should just run over guys like Javid Best.

When he plays for the Bills I'll care about him and his play.

total yards?!?!?! For a big talker :D you sure set the bar low.

Since I only care about one stat I won't be taking your bet. Hopefully Spiller has a decent season.

When he plays for the Bills I'll care about him and his play.

I get the criticism of Spiller running out of bounds before halftime to stop the clock. But it's foolish IMO to criticize a running back from avoiding a hit. It's a position where the average career is 3 years and it's not Spiller's game anyways. Plus, there have been plenty of tiems he's put his shoulders down.

Though I'm not a big believer in the wisdom of the masses, it is interesting to me that of the 208 previous replies in this thread, 40 were from one particular poster who thinks Spiller is a terrible RB.....and 22 from a second poster with similar thoughts. It seems that perhaps only a small very vocal percent of people rate his negatives far higher than his positives.

It seems strange, but I am often finding myself wanting certain players to succeed just to spite the dogmaticly negative posters as much as wanting them to succeed simply because they are Bills players.

Though I'm not a big believer in the wisdom of the masses, it is interesting to me that of the 208 previous replies in this thread, 40 were from one particular poster who thinks Spiller is a terrible RB.....and 22 from a second poster with similar thoughts. It seems that perhaps only a small very vocal percent of people rate his negatives far higher than his positives.

It seems strange, but I am often finding myself wanting certain players to succeed just to spite the dogmaticly negative posters as much as wanting them to succeed simply because they are Bills players.

thats funny. I want them to fail sometimes just to **** everyone up who overrates Bills players.

My bets for the po's rags n chan's

Easy win after Bryce Brown goes for 1000 and cj and his soft behind sit on the bench.

ive already stated my opinions and offered up a bet that CJ would have another disappointing season. 1,300 yards is such a low bar that's ridiculous. 950 rushing is bad an 450 receiving isn't great but decent and not hard to do by any means. But I'll take you up in that bet. Sure.

Oh, and again, I still stand by my opinion that Brown will be the starter by the end of the yet an CJ will be let go via FA.

thats funny. I want them to fail sometimes just to **** everyone up who overrates Bills players.

I would never have guessed that by your continually upbeat and positive posts.

ive already stated my opinions and offered up a bet that CJ would have another disappointing season. 1,300 yards is such a low bar that's ridiculous. 950 rushing is bad an 450 receiving isn't great but decent and not hard to do by any means. But I'll take you up in that bet. Sure.

Oh, and again, I still stand by my opinion that Brown will be the starter by the end of the yet an CJ will be let go via FA.

SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

GO BILLS!!!

I would never have guessed that by your continually upbeat and positive posts.

funny. I'm usually over positive on here. Funny how everyone was against me for so long about Stevie Johnson. But when I go against a beloved CJ Spiller I get hung out in front if everyone to laugh at.

Have fun. Enjoy your day.

SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!

GO BILLS!!!

see post above.

Now 1300 yards sucks. Carry on.

If browns starting by week 8 hows that bum CJ gonna do it? Guess those statements earlier in the thread aren't worth standing behind

It's already a given Fred's gonna get touches as he should.

the bet was 1,300 total yards from scrimmage. Not 1,300 rushing. Pay attention.

I love how the assumption is that Brown was brought in to replace CJ when it was a hedge against Freddy who, while still having the most heart in the league, has lost a half-step and has been slowed by injuries the last few seasons as well. But Brown will be on a short leash if he doesn't cure his fumble-itis.

There also seems to be a misunderstanding of a platoon-system RB approach as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Now 1300 yards sucks. Carry on.

In 2013 7 RB's beat or were near that total in rushing yards alone.

22 players were over 1,300 yards combined from scrimmage.

Here is an interesting look at RB "value" (my word, not theirs) from Football Outsiders.

I love how the assumption is that Brown was brought in to replace CJ when it was a hedge against Freddy who, while still having the most heart in the league, has lost a half-step and has been slowed by injuries the last few seasons as well. But Brown will be on a short leash if he doesn't cure his fumble-itis.

There also seems to be a misunderstanding of a platoon-system RB approach as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm glad that you know this. My assumption was that he was brought in as insurance to both.