2014 Bills Mandatory Minicamp (June 17th - June 19th)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more talking about the team getting over the top. It's a fair point but rebuilding teams don't have 11 guys drafted. Those are teams that compete for a title (especially playing in the ACC where you only face a couple of tough challenges each year).

The whole point that I was making is that I have not seen enough to say that "this guy is the guy we have been waiting for." I have said I think that there is about a 35% chance that is the case so by no means am I an EJ hater. I think that he has a chance but it this point I think that it is more likely that he isn't the guy. I hope that he develops and is the guy because he is really easy to like. He has some of those leadership qualities that you can't really teach.

The rebuilding started at the beginning of Manuel's career not the end. The 2008 team, the year before Manuel's freshman year had one member drafted, 2009 had three, 2010 had three and 2011 four. Bowden's last year was 2009, Manuel's first. Fisher took over in 2010. So first coaching change on 33 years, NCAA violations, no national championship in ten years and a losing record against your biggest rivals. Yeah they weren't rebuilding.

I agree that we have not seen enough to make a judgement. I don't know of he is the guy either, but I don't understand people looking at Manuel's college career and saying he was unsuccessful or mediocre.

Edited by chris heff

I may be wrong but this sounds like you are falling victim to the dog days. Paralysis analysis. There is quite a bit to be very excited about with Manuel as well as some concerns. My barometer was this last year and it is why I still believe in him. I wanted him to look like he belonged. I didn't care about stats, didn't even care about his w/l record. That first New England game he looked like he belonged. He played very well off of a short preseason and went toe to toe with Brady/Belicheck. Then the come back against Carolina. He had some stinkers for sure (Pitt really sticks out to me) but that is to be expected from a Rookie QB.

The dog days of summer are where you remember the bad much more than the good, read Rodak and the Jonah Jevad negative nancies, etc.. Come training camp, preseason games, that is when we will have a better idea of his progress.

Good call, man. It's easier to stay positive when I can watch these guys play too. You hear these reports and tweets that I think blow things out of proportion.

Bills Roundup: Two Min Drill; Spreading the Ball <3:44>

The second day of mandatory minicamp featured the team working on the two minute drill, some standout play by Jerry Hughes, and coach Hackett talking about spreading the ball around."

Mandatory minicamp Day 2

Photos from the second day of mandatory minicamp at One Bills Drive.

Just blew my mind 26 .Nice enough link i think

Those pictures are just amazing . The photographer(s) is just exceptional . But another plus is capturing emotions and get the viewer thinking.

Damned fine stuff . I truly enjoyed the picture gallery. Even better then I expected to.

thanks again

Edited by 3rdand12

Quick thoughts about things I've noticed throughout OTA's and minicamp:

Does anyone else get the impression that EJ is getting some very nice chemistry with Moeaki?

Seeing Schwartz's continual use of Hughes and the fact that Lawson and Randell Johnson are being looked at for DE, do you think he's hoping to use one set of ends as pure speed rushers on a continual basis?

Quick thoughts about things I've noticed throughout OTA's and minicamp:

Does anyone else get the impression that EJ is getting some very nice chemistry with Moeaki?

Seeing Schwartz's continual use of Hughes and the fact that Lawson and Randell Johnson are being looked at for DE, do you think he's hoping to use one set of ends as pure speed rushers on a continual basis?

Yes I mentioned the same thing yesterday about EJ/Moeaki and that IF Moeaki can stay healthy (let's face it I think most are not counting on that because of his history) that is a weapon I really didn't think the offense would have this year. Fingers crossed for that!

I think JS really likes what he sees in Hughes. Randell has some physical gifts that make him a possibility at DE so not surprised to see him get looks. The question is whether he has the technique to play there and when he would be ready. As a 7th rounder if he can show the versatility to be a hybrid guy like a Lawson, he could have a better chance to make the team as depth in that role. I hope he does, he could be a diamond in the rough.

Yes I mentioned the same thing yesterday about EJ/Moeaki and that IF Moeaki can stay healthy (let's face it I think most are not counting on that because of his history) that is a weapon I really didn't think the offense would have this year. Fingers crossed for that!

I think JS really likes what he sees in Hughes. Randell has some physical gifts that make him a possibility at DE so not surprised to see him get looks. The question is whether he has the technique to play there and when he would be ready. As a 7th rounder if he can show the versatility to be a hybrid guy like a Lawson, he could have a better chance to make the team as depth in that role. I hope he does, he could be a diamond in the rough.

EJ's chemistry with Chandler is the reason I wanted to draft a big time TE this year. All young Qbs would greatly benefit from a good TE. Moeaki was talked about being a potential star a few years ago. Personally, it's tough to count on him because of the injuries but if he could stay healthy, man that could be huge. Plus, we need a Samoan badly.

And why a DC won't like a former 1st rounder, who has double digit sack potential coming off his best year is beyond me. Screw systems. It's all about findind places for good football players. Hughes is a good football player.