2014 Bills Mandatory Minicamp (June 17th - June 19th)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense but you aren't going to change my mind. His play will have to improve for my mind to change. I have seen him enough to have my opinion. He still has a chance to improve but he isn't there yet.

They had 11 guys drafted last year (as opposed to this year). The talent was there (and still is). There are not excuses for losing to NC State (even though they have owned FSU). EJ had FSU as a borderline top 10 program with top 5 talent playing in the ACC. They would have lost another game or 2 a year if they played in the SEC (depending on who they had to play from the SEC West). He was okay in college and at this point about the 26th best starting QB in the NFL.

Obviously, Manuel has a lot to proven but this is a very misleading stat. http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/AllTimeNFLDraft.html Besides Manuel, they had 7 defensive players, 1 K, one offensive lineman, and a 5th round rb.

Obviously, Manuel has a lot to proven but this is a very misleading stat. http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/AllTimeNFLDraft.html Besides Manuel, they had 7 defensive players, 1 K, one offensive lineman, and a 5th round rb.

I was more talking about the team getting over the top. It's a fair point but rebuilding teams don't have 11 guys drafted. Those are teams that compete for a title (especially playing in the ACC where you only face a couple of tough challenges each year).

The whole point that I was making is that I have not seen enough to say that "this guy is the guy we have been waiting for." I have said I think that there is about a 35% chance that is the case so by no means am I an EJ hater. I think that he has a chance but it this point I think that it is more likely that he isn't the guy. I hope that he develops and is the guy because he is really easy to like. He has some of those leadership qualities that you can't really teach.

I was more talking about the team getting over the top. It's a fair point but rebuilding teams don't have 11 guys drafted. Those are teams that compete for a title (especially playing in the ACC where you only face a couple of tough challenges each year).

The whole point that I was making is that I have not seen enough to say that "this guy is the guy we have been waiting for." I have said I think that there is about a 35% chance that is the case so by no means am I an EJ hater. I think that he has a chance but it this point I think that it is more likely that he isn't the guy. I hope that he develops and is the guy because he is really easy to like. He has some of those leadership qualities that you can't really teach.

Your points are well made and well stated. He has a ton to prove. I have no idea if he will get there or not but I can't stand people who just write him off after one season.

Personally, I hope he can be in the Big Ben and to a lesser extent, McNabb model. They won't wow you with Peyton Manning type stats but they make enough plays (and at the right time) to win a lot of games. If our top 10 Ds held onto to 2 leads that EJ left the field with (not including the Browns game where he was leading the go head TD drive) in the 4th quarter, he goes 6-4 as a rookie. Obviously, W-L is a team stat but that would be good start to a young QB's career.

@buffalobills

Day 2 in the books! pic.twitter.com/JQ2KknGM7k

OC Nathaniel Hackett on @EJManuel3: "He's really starting to get it" pic.twitter.com/5ZMH6WC97R

Hackett: "As a coordinator, you want guys who are hungry for it ... More plays means more touches"

Hackett: "I want to get better every second ... you always want to push yourself"

Hackett on expanding the playbook: "We want to see what we can give EJ to be successful"

DC Jim Schwartz: "There's only so much you can do without contact" - players/staff looking forward to #BillsCamp pic.twitter.com/eNKcxxYB7a

Schwartz on @Iam_jerryhughes: "He can change the game with his pass rush"

Schwartz: "Our job defensively is to accentuate the talents that our guys have"

Schwartz: "We can't afford to take any steps back ... This is a consistency business"

@JaySkurski

Marcell Dareus is back to work for the Buffalo #Bills, and teammate Kyle Williams hopes his troubles are behind him http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-dareus-working-it-out-20140618 …

OK so the Chargers and Bills twitter accounts had this thing going yesterday:

San Diego Chargers@chargers 22h

We win. RT @buffalobills: @chargers Look what I can do! pic.twitter.com/5TfsB8cro5

BqXPu_gCEAAI_BL.jpg

The Bills countered today with a pic of Robey's play:

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 9m

@chargers Let's call it even. Just saying. pic.twitter.com/ZGvs5HGBsK

Bqb-r65CEAAjGMA.jpg

San Diego Chargers@chargers 6m

@buffalobills Wow!

Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree Mark. If I had to guess I would think that they may mix in some 3 man fronts and slide Preston Brown inside next to Spikes. Outside of Lawson I am a little concerned about the depth (admittedly I don't know much about the other candidates). It is going to be an interesting place to watch.

Yes it will be interesting.

DE becomes a high priority for us in next year's draft.

OK so the Chargers and Bills twitter accounts had this thing going yesterday:

San Diego Chargers@chargers 22h

We win. RT @buffalobills: @chargers Look what I can do! pic.twitter.com/5TfsB8cro5

BqXPu_gCEAAI_BL.jpg

The Bills countered today with a pic of Robey's play:

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 9m

@chargers Let's call it even. Just saying. pic.twitter.com/ZGvs5HGBsK

Bqb-r65CEAAjGMA.jpg

San Diego Chargers@chargers 6m

@buffalobills Wow!

:lol: & WOW!

Minicamp Day 2: Two-minute drill raises intensity

A high-effort practice marked a noticeable step up in intensity on Wednesday.

It was a pretty high effort practice to begin with on Wednesday at One Bills Drive, but when the first team offense went against the first team defense in the two-minute drill period the competitive level of play took a noticeable step up.