Which NFL team has the worst QB situation going into 2014?

Which team has the worst QB situation?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the worst QB situation?

• NY Jets (Vick/Geno)
    • Bills (EJ/Thad)
    • Cleveland (Johnny/Hoyer)
    • Tennessee (Locker/Whitehurst/Mettenberger)
    • Houston (Fitz/Keenum/Yates/Savage)
    • Jax (Bortles/Henne)
    • Raiders (Schaub/Carr)
    • Minnesota (Bridgewater/Ponder/Cassell)
    • TB (Glennon/McCown)
    • St. Louis (Bradford/Shaun Hill/Garrett Gilbert)

You say Johnny is unproven so you take Thad over him.

Is Thad proven? Taking Thaddeus Lewis over Johnny F. Football is quite a statement

To say the least It has and continues too be an extremely long offseason.

Now Lewis is more desirable than Johhny F? because Lewis is proven? WOW!

What has he proven? other than beating the fish another bottom feeder.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you started this in response to the ej Thad thread but it sheds some light on the league.

Well done.

I picked Tampa. Tampa, Houston, Minnesota would be my top 3 toss up.

Edited by The Wiz

I am not sure if it gets worse than Cleveland's but I picked TN because of the inevitable injury that will occur to Locker and what is behind him. IMO, Fitz can get that team to .500. The only other QBs I feel confident about with that for this year, on this list, are the Bills and Jets QBs,

I think McCown in TB has a lot of talent, and should be comfortable under Lovie Smith. I also think Fitz is being a bit underrated by some of the folks on this board, and could end up being more than a stop gap in Houston.

To say the least It has and continues too be an extremely long offseason.

Now Lewis is more desirable than Johhny F? because Lewis is proven? WOW!

What has he proven? other than beating the fish another bottom feeder.

Thad has proven he can win NFL games would be my guess.

Thad has proven he can win NFL games would be my guess.

I'll go out on a limb and say when both players careers are over,

Johnny F. will have had more success in the NFL Irregardless of him yet to take a single snap in the NFL.

I will base that on potential upside. But yea, Lewis has won some games. So did ......................

Johnny F. will have had more success in the NFL Irregardless of him yet to take a single snap in the NFL.

I will base that on potential upside. But yea, Lewis has won some games. So did ......................

This is for 2014.

Right then. Neither has proven anything in 2014. If anyone can say with a straight face they would prefer Thad Lewis over manziel as a backup for the Buffalo Bills. then I just have to disagree. Which was the intent of my original response.

That's fine, my response was to your question about what Thad has proven, He has won NFL games. I'm not comparing him to anyone, but if you want to compare him to Manziel, he hasn't done that. If you want to compare upside over their careers that's fine but that was why I responded this refers to the situation for 2014.

I don't know who I would rather have as a backup. But considering all indications out of Cleveland are that Hoyer, a UDFA who has won a total of 2 NFL games (sound familiar), will win the starting job over Manziel for this year. I think, to your question about who I would rather have, the difference may be small as to who would be the better backup for the Bills this year between Thad and JM. JMO.

Ahhh... Irregardless.... Love that one.

Johnny is the 2014 Tebow. You may Commence irrational worship now!

I took this thread as "which of these situations would you least like to be in?" I think that Minnesota and Cleveland are in the best position followed by the Bills. I hate where Houston is. They have Fitz (who I actually like more than most) but is not the answer followed by a young guy that I never think will be a franchise guy. He is a statue that has never won. I don't care for Bortles, Carr, Geno, Locker or Glennon. In addition, I think Arizona isn't far from trouble.

I guess that makes me think that the Bills have the 25th best QB situation.

You think Minnesota is better off than the Bills?? I voted for Minny's awful QB roster.

Yeah, I like Teddy a lot as a prospect. Cassel has had a pretty good career as well. He was decent last year and has had a few good years prior. I would rather have Teddy & Cassel than EJ & Thad.

I took this thread as "which of these situations would you least like to be in?" I think that Minnesota and Cleveland are in the best position followed by the Bills. I hate where Houston is. They have Fitz (who I actually like more than most) but is not the answer followed by a young guy that I never think will be a franchise guy. He is a statue that has never won. I don't care for Bortles, Carr, Geno, Locker or Glennon. In addition, I think Arizona isn't far from trouble.

I guess that makes me think that the Bills have the 25th best QB situation.

Ah, that is different than I was looking at it - as "which situation is the worst for this season?" If I were to look at it that way I think my answer might be different and I would focus on the rookies and young guys and try to project who will be the best and has the best team and coaching staff around him to complement his style. I really don't know who I would choose as the worst off from that perspective because the scouting reports varied on the rookies and the only one I really watched live was Bortles. I saw Manziel play, but believe him to be a project and don't know when he'll be a productive starter. I could never be a GM!

I voted for the Texans. Fitzpatrick is a back-up playing as a starter. Looks like the Texans are tanking for Winston.

Could have also picked the Titans or Vikings or Jets.

I think the Raiders don't deserve to be on this poll. While they do not look to be that good of a team, Schaub is the best QB they've had since Rich Gannon, even if he is on the downside of his career.

Is ours the worst? I don't think so....

Yeah but we are 2nd worst, Houston is definitely the worst.

Interesting that Fitz seems to be garnering the most votes.

Jax gets my vote. Then Minnesota, and Cleveland. Then, I would have to say us.

I would take those guys in a heartbeat, especially Browns and Jags

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Too much bias and bitterness in this poll. Bills fans WISH they had Fitz competing with 3 young prospects. This is what we shoulda had!! Nix blew it!

I picked Titans. Locker is made of glass.

Not this Bills fan. I've seen that movie already.