Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

“Four sentences”: Hillary’s latest defense on e-mail scandal

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/09/four-sentences-hillarys-latest-defense-on-e-mail-scandal/

Late last night, Hillary Clinton posted a new defense on Facebook for the Saga of the Secret Server. Starting off, “I want you to hear this directly from me,” the former Secretary of State — or her campaign — declared her use of an unsecured and unauthorized e-mail server for official communications to be “aboveboard,” despite its use to keep communications from legitimate and constitutional oversight by Congress and the courts.

At the end of this, Hillary then links to her campaign site to “read more,” but the “more” is a regurgitation of the same talking points from the past two months, titled “Hillary’s e-mails in 4 sentences.”

1. Hillary takes responsibility for her decision to use a personal account, and the challenges it has created.

It wasn’t just a “personal account” — it was a secret server in her house, unsecured, unauthorized, which served to defeat the Federal Records Act and any FOIA demands for her official correspondence until the Benghazi select committee discovered its existence. To this date, she has not even acknowledged that, let alone accepted responsibility for it.

2. Her use of a private email account was allowed under State Department rules.

Personal accounts are allowed under State rules, but not for official business and certainly not exclusively. Hillary fired Ambassador Scott Gration for trying to work around those rules — and for transmitting Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) data through his private e-mail. Also, the White House made it clear from the start that official business communications had to go through official systems, in part because of the FRA and their commitment to — wait for it — transparency.

3. Nothing she sent or received was marked classified.

None of it was “marked classified” because she and her team didn’t mark it. “Marked classified” is a red herring. The data is classified whether it’s marked or not, and intel on North Korea’s nukes from spy satellites should be pretty obviously classified; even a totally incompetent Secretary of State would know that much. In fact, two reviews by the CIA and NGA have confirmed it was Top Secret/Compartmented, as classified as it gets.

4. She provided all of her work-related emails to the State Department

Hillary only provided those e-mails after Congress found out about the server, long after she left office. Had the Benghazi select committee never met, they’d still be holed up in Chappaqua or in a commercial server farm in Denver, along with all of the classified material it contained. Furthermore, Hillary only provided those e-mails to the State Department after culling out 31,000 e-mails her team didn’t want seen. In an official system, that archiving decision is not left to the account owner — and that was the point of using a secret server in the first place.

These “four sentences” are the same nonsense Hillary has spouted for months about the e-mail scandal, adjusted only slightly to take into account the hundreds of instances in which classified information got transmitted and stored in her system. Legally, Hillary may need to maintain these points forever, but politically they’ve been failing, and for good reason. They’re obvious lies and parsed-out gobbledygook.

Ron Fournier answers Hillary’s four sentences with 19 questions of his own:

And nobody should question that the she gave $2700 to Clinton's campaign recently.

This is almost as embarrassing as the Russian reset button.

It's like the WH is being run by gatorman.

State Department Was Unaware that New Transparency Czar Donated To Hillary Because New Transparency Czar Wasn't...Ummmmm....Transparent.

But remain calm. All is well.

1. Hillary takes responsibility for her decision to use a personal account, and the challenges it has created.

It wasn’t just a “personal account” — it was a secret server in her house, unsecured, unauthorized, which served to defeat the Federal Records Act and any FOIA demands for her official correspondence until the Benghazi select committee discovered its existence. To this date, she has not even acknowledged that, let alone accepted responsibility for it.

I've heard Hillary say several time that she's taken responsibility for her decision to use a private email server ( so as not to carry 2 cell phones LOL). I would love to hear some journalist ask her "Please explain how you've taken responsibility for your decision?"

Usually taking responsibility means righting the wrong you did and trying to fix it.

I know she has since turned over the server and emails (in hard copy) but I don't think that's really taking responsibility. Most of this she did after being forced to after she made comments about being "responsible".

I would love to hear her definition of the word "responsible".

Edited by reddogblitz

Hillary Clinton falls below 40 percent support in 2016 Democratic race

Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has fallen to below 40 percent support in the race for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, losing 10 points of support since last month as Vice President Joseph R. Biden gains ground and runs better than Mrs. Clinton against leading Republicans.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/11/hillary-clinton-falls-below-40-percent-support-201/

Yes but given the choice of him over Hillary I'd go with him in a heartbeat.

If Biden were to become the Democrat nominee, I doubt that you would vote him anyways

Hillary Clinton falls below 40 percent support in 2016 Democratic race

Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has fallen to below 40 percent support in the race for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, losing 10 points of support since last month as Vice President Joseph R. Biden gains ground and runs better than Mrs. Clinton against leading Republicans.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/11/hillary-clinton-falls-below-40-percent-support-201/

On the other hand if Hilary becomes the Democrat nominee, I fully expect you to be in full Kool-Aid mode this time next year

If Biden were to become the Democrat nominee, I doubt that you would vote him anyways

Oh hell no. My point was if those were my only to choices I vote Biden because I'm not ready to put a bullet in my head. I have too many things I want to do in my life first.