Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

Think about it. The country is run by lawyers. People paid to manipulate, spin and deceive. Paid to say black is white and visa versa. People with no real practical experience in anything really required to run a business or a country. People just smart enough to be dangerous. They are anything but productive. Clintons practice a more advanced type of douchebagary in that they are brazen in the monitization of their positions.

Run by Lawyers and not the best of them even.

But with no credible primary challenger, and the Repubes demonizing themselves with unpopular positions, Im afraid this is a cake walk. She'll win based on soft considerations like being the first woman, and on the lesser of 2 evils versus Repube nominee.

She will be absolutely hammered in the Presidential debates. There is endless material to work with. I'm talking about the nastiest of attacks coming from the podium right next to her.

This Saudi connection thing is much more than political maneuvering about the hypocrisy of a feminist taking money from such a misogynistic country. Turns out she knowingly took funds from the country she as SoS signed off on as the largest source of funding for Islamist terror and which the government is reluctant to stop it. WOW ....to me this is a bombshell to her moral credibility and policy judgement. But are the repubes too in bed with Saudi oil money and influence to exploit it?

-------

Saudi Arabia is the world's largest source of funds for Islamist militant groups such as the Afghan Taliban and Lashkar-e-Taiba but the Saudi government is reluctant to stem the flow of money, according to Hillary Clinton.

"More needs to be done since Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qaida, the Taliban, LeT and other terrorist groups," says a secret December 2009 paper signed by the US secretary of state. Her memo urged US diplomats to redouble their efforts to stop Gulf money reaching extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide," she said.

The cables highlight an often ignored factor in the Pakistani and Afghan conflicts: that the violence is partly bankrolled by rich, conservative donors across the Arabian Sea whose governments do little to stop them.

The problem is particularly acute in Saudi Arabia, where militants soliciting funds slip into the country disguised as holy pilgrims, set up front companies to launder funds and receive money from government-sanctioned charities.

One cable details how the Pakistani militant outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba, which carried out the 2008 Mumbai attacks, used a Saudi-based front company to fund its activities in 2005.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/05/wikileaks-cables-saudi-terrorist-funding

Edited by JTSP

Well she made a good speech (Bill probably wrote it) touching on a lot of hot points, while turning perceived weaknesses (e.G. age) into a positive. Pretty much over as far as demo primary IMO

Hillary Clinton, in Roosevelt Island Speech, Pledges to Close Income Gap http://nyti.ms/1L5LuNd

I caught the tail end of it and it was light on substance and heavy on identity politics

CHdQnPmWgAAlZbj.jpg

Original Article

Hillary Clinton: America’s Most Boring Public Speaker
by Roger L. Simon

Original Article Forget that she lies incessantly and stands for virtually nothing that’s discernible other than her own self-interest, Hillary Clinton is one of the most boring public speakers extant. I have heard better speeches at high school, maybe even grammar school, graduations than HRC gave in New York Saturday in the second — or is it the third — debut speech of her campaign. It was problem after problem, cliché after cliché until you couldn’t listen anymore. Needless to say, there wasn’t a fresh idea. No new solutions to these problems on offer, only generalities.

CHdQnPmWgAAlZbj.jpg

Original Article

Hillary Clinton: America’s Most Boring Public Speaker

by Roger L. Simon

Original Article Forget that she lies incessantly and stands for virtually nothing that’s discernible other than her own self-interest, Hillary Clinton is one of the most boring public speakers extant. I have heard better speeches at high school, maybe even grammar school, graduations than HRC gave in New York Saturday in the second — or is it the third — debut speech of her campaign. It was problem after problem, cliché after cliché until you couldn’t listen anymore. Needless to say, there wasn’t a fresh idea. No new solutions to these problems on offer, only generalities.

Boring? Which of the score of GOP wannabes gives inspiring speeches?

I really can't see a single person voting for her outside of her family. Not one. Not one, that is, that thinks integrity, a track record of accomplishment, the ability to lead and the ability solve problems are important traits for a President of our country. Seriously, nobody that calls themselves an American should support her.

Edited by keepthefaith

I really can't see a single person voting for her outside of her family. Not one. Not one that is that thinks integrity, a track record of accomplishment, the ability to lead and the ability solve problems are important traits for a President of our country. Seriously, nobody that calls themselves an American should support her.

Tell that to my ladyfriend... :beer:

Boring? Which of the score of GOP wannabes gives inspiring speeches?

All your party has to offer is hollow inspiration, the purchase of votes that are for sale by people who put a very low value on their vote, and the taking from those that have worked for something and giving to those that have not. Show me worthwhile substance in anything Hillary offers. Show me facts and numbers which improve the issues we face as a nation. She hasn't put a word (or a number) of that out there. She is the worst of what we see in politicians. Dishonest and phony.

Tell that to my ladyfriend... :beer:

Hopefully your lady friend has many more redeeming qualities.

Hopefully your lady friend has many more redeeming qualities.

She can tolerate me... which is not easy to do. She's also lovely and sweet, but a !@#$ing *pats fan (though just because she thinks the name is patriotic, she's a Texas girl and the Texans/Longhorns are her only true rooting interest) and thinks the only way to save the world from certain destruction is to remove the patriarchy and replace it with a matriarchy. She says all that jokingly... but often.

So, I give us about six more months before we implode.

she's a Texas girl and the Texans/Longhorns are her only true rooting interest).......

Which means that she probably went to school here at UT? You ought to bring here back here for a week/weekend and immerse yourselves in the local barbecue and margarita culture. I'll take you two out one evening if you do. :beer:

Which means that she probably went to school here at UT? You ought to bring here back here for a week/weekend and immerse yourselves in the local barbecue and margarita culture. I'll take you two out one evening if you do. :beer:

That would be fun. We're in. I think our next trip to Austin will be during football season, I've never seen a UT game in person and it's on my bucket list of stadiums to visit. I'll shoot you a PM when we finally schedule our flights.

That would be fun. We're in. I think our next trip to Austin will be during football season, I've never seen a UT game in person and it's on my bucket list of stadiums to visit. I'll shoot you a PM when we finally schedule our flights.

You don't realize that he wants to bang your gf?

"Have more wine greg" :D

HOW THE AP REPORTS ON TWO DIFFERENT FEMALE CANDIDATES FOR PRESIDENT:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-13-at-8.55.18-PM.png

Hillary – The Campaign Chameleon

Bob Woodward appeared on CNN’s State of the Union program with Jake Tapper today and claimed that one of Hillary’s favorite sayings is “fake it until you make it.”

He also pointed out the fact that she has a trust deficit issue and that she hasn’t been forthcoming enough with the emails from her time at the State Department.

It’s the Inequality, Stupid

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner
A few more notes from Hillaryfest:

—The MC thanked just about every politician within 100 miles, including even Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter (for some reason) — but not the mayor of New York, Bill de Blasio. He and Hillary have been feuding, and her people wanted to let everyone know that she’s not going to let it drop. When it comes to punishing enemy mayors, Chris Christie has nothing on Hillary.
—Hillary promised: “I will rewrite the tax code to reward corporations for making long-term investments and penalize them for short-term thinking.” The merits of this proposal aside, this statement is ridiculous and Hillary knows it, because Congress writes the tax code, not the president.
—Hillary also said: “No nation is better equipped than ours to meet the threat of cyber-attacks.” She actually said that (and was cheered for it). Evidently she’s been too busy to read the paper the last couple of days.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

She can tolerate me... which is not easy to do. She's also lovely and sweet, but a !@#$ing *pats fan (though just because she thinks the name is patriotic, she's a Texas girl and the Texans/Longhorns are her only true rooting interest) and thinks the only way to save the world from certain destruction is to remove the patriarchy and replace it with a matriarchy. She says all that jokingly... but often.

So, I give us about six more months before we implode.

Tell her, from me, that she is a total !@#$ing moron. Just for the bolded. What, you couldn't find a woman who roots for the Dolphins because she likes tuna?