Schopp; Bills losing reason for Dareus issue

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I've lived in Tampa for 23 years. I grew up in Buffalo, actually Hamburg. Who is Mike Schopp?

Is he a local radio host in Buffalo? He sounds like a moron.

There is no one whose job it is to talk on the radio for 4 hours a day every day who doesn't say something dopey once in awhile.

I really like the show a lot, Schopp in particular. He is very different from most sports talk guys, but for me, he makes some subjects interesting (tennis, baseball, sports memorabilia) that i would never be interested n otherwise. That s a bout the best complement I can give someone who does that. I don't agree with every single one of his opinions, but why would i? There's no one else in my life with whom I agree 100% of the time either. Ask my wife. But I do like hearing hm shoot the **** about stuff with Bulldog. The show evidently gets good ratings because those two have been together a long time.

I haven't the faintest idea why some people say he "hates" Buffalo or the Bills. I don't hear that at all. Good show, and hope it's on the air for a long time to come.

There is no one whose job it is to talk on the radio for 4 hours a day every day who doesn't say something dopey once in awhile.

I really like the show a lot, Schopp in particular. He is very different from most sports talk guys, but for me, he makes some subjects interesting (tennis, baseball, sports memorabilia) that i would never be interested n otherwise. That s a bout the best complement I can give someone who does that. I don't agree with every single one of his opinions, but why would i? There's no one else in my life with whom I agree 100% of the time either. Ask my wife. But I do like hearing hm shoot the **** about stuff with Bulldog. The show evidently gets good ratings because those two have been together a long time.

I haven't the faintest idea why some people say he "hates" Buffalo or the Bills. I don't hear that at all. Good show, and hope it's on the air for a long time to come.

I enjoy this kind of banter on some shows, but for whatever reason this is the part that annoys me the most, maybe because it seems like they are just bored, unable or unwilling to come up with additional relevant content/guests, and therefore are just killing time. Yesterday, Schopp burned the last 20 minutes with an update on the pool at his new house and the laborious nature of cleaning it. He even had people tweeting and calling with advice.

It's obvious to me Schopp intimidates Bulldog. Listen when Sal fills in for Mike. Bulldog is totally different then. More confident. He stammers more with Schopp.

A Kid in his twenties smokes pot, drives fast, and makes stupid decisions...what is this world coming to?? This is just unheard of behavior

The Bills of the 90s would have never done anything like that. :rolleyes:

I just hope Dareus is getting help. I think there are a lot of under the surface issues. JMO.

What I will say about Dareus is that it's encouraging that he made the Pro Bowl last year, even as an alternate. It tells me that despite his personal issues, he cares enough to excel at work. Now I suppose he could have put in more effort and been a first-choice Pro Bowler or All-Pro, but I'll take it and say it's far better than not making the Pro Bowl and having these issues.

It's obvious to me Schopp intimidates Bulldog. Listen when Sal fills in for Mike. Bulldog is totally different then. More confident. He stammers more with Schopp.

Definitely.

No the one thing he cares about is ratings, and the more people post about what an idiot he is, the more he wins in the ratings.

I wonder, do his ratings increase because a few people post on TBD? Let's say others post on their fav. teams respective board about him, out of all those people that read said post , how many of them actually turn on his show due to a few people posting about him? I agree that his job has been accomplished, as people are talking about the article. I just fail to see where it would be much of a rating increase. Just my $.02.

I wonder, do his ratings increase because a few people post on TBD? Let's say others post on their fav. teams respective board about him, out of all those people that read said post , how many of them actually turn on his show due to a few people posting about him? I agree that his job has been accomplished, as people are talking about the article. I just fail to see where it would be much of a rating increase. Just my $.02.

I doubt their ratings go up or down based on the amount of stupid things Schopp says. WGR has a captive audience, period. There isn't another local sports talk station you can flip to, other than a token 3 hours on 1270 AM which will go away as soon as Jim Rome's deal with WGR expires.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Schopp is a clueless D-Bag who tries to show how smart he is with his ridiculous off the wall opinions. More times than not he leaves the impression that hes a complete moron.

That's what he does, for sure. He's a big fan of English Premier Soccer, tennis, and other stuff that makes him look superior.

"Never punt" - I am so sick of him talking about that. I saw somebody tweet him that "he puts the anal in analytics"

Between that and a lack of certain people appearing at the OTAs, I have to wonder if most players just see Buffalo as an easy paycheck. They aren't expected to win or perform here, so why not just have fun and collect big money?

I can see this. Lawson signs on last year and already misses OTA's. Allan Branch just signed an extension and for all that also stays away too

I can see this. Lawson signs on last year and already misses OTA's. Allan Branch just signed an extension and for all that also stays away too

That might be an easy way to get cut.

They better perform.

That said, does anyone remember - didn't Bruce sit out a bunch of time?

Problem is, these guys ain't Bruce.