WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What could possibly be the advantage of keeping Dareus from participating in OTAs? Some alone time? More time to get in trouble?

Marrone's job right now is the get the team ready for the season. For some players, that means drills,workouts in OTAs. For others - Dareus - at this point it means getting mentally ready.

I am sure there is plenty that the media and fans are not aware of behind the scenes. From a HIPPAA perspective, if he does have some mental health issues, it is certainly nothing we should know.

Yep it was reported that way last night, but he wasn't charged with that. Just reckless endangerment, reckless driving, and an illegal speed contest. From what is reported today.

It's weird how that got out there and then it's gone.

Is there any reason why you have to continually be a jerk on this forum? Every one of your posts always has to snarkily point out how stupid you think the other person is. I don't want to get in a long flame war with you here, I just wish you would have a little more respect for the other people that post.

Regarding "scaring away" witnesses, I'm not talking about Marcell personally, I'm talking about the fact that this story now has high visibility due to the fact a public person is now involved. In this day and age, the witnesses MAY feel they wouldn't want anything to do with something that would put their name in the public sphere.

Again, even if they were able to identify (sorry I offended you with fingering talk) him on the stand, I still feel the charge of "street racing" may be difficult to prove. Skid marks may only prove he was speeding and possibly reckless, not the fact he was speeding. Like Fergy said, he'll get something but it will probably be watered down.

Nah, this is what you said:

I'm no lawyer, but to me it sounds like it's going to be incredibly hard for a prosecutor to get the "illegal speed contest" charges to stick. We don't know the full story, but from reports it sounds like police only arrived on the scene after Marcell's car hit the tree. They supposedly have "witnesses," but will those witnesses actually testify once they know its a Buffalo Bill that's charged? Will they get scared away from the media attention and pressure from friends? Also, would they actually be able to finger Marcell on the stand as the one they saw in the driver seat?

You are clearly saying that it will be difficult to prove that street racing was happening, despite calls to the police alerting them of racing, as well as the physical evidence of high speed car travel by two cars simultaneously, with one car nearly entering a "mongolian buffet" restaurant as a result of the driver losing control during this obvious race.

So, look---I'm sorry, I think that your premise that racing would be hard to prove is silly. In fact, I doubt Dareus would even deny it, as obvious as it is. The DA would laugh, even if he prepared to offer a deal. I also don't buy that any witness would be intimidated by the fact that the guy racing is on the Bills. You really think the public would demonize a witness to this nonsense if he/she testified? It's not convincing. Besides, all they would need is the cops' testimony that they were called to a scene of a car race. No other witness would be needed.

I respect a clever or persuasive post. Yours was neither. Don't blame me for pointing it out. And stop running with open scissors.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I am willing to take Jerry and Marcel under my wing.

I can take them to the NYIRP in Leicester NY and teach them how to Drag race in a controlled environment. Safely . And they would have a riot i bet.

Anyone who has a car and can pass a safety tech can run. Even my street car. I have seen youngsters bring their parents minivans to run Lol

I went for the first time in 2008 and man what a great environment .

I will do this for these guys if will keep them from potentially hurting another or themselves. Its good clean fun actually even though very challenging and high pressure if you get serious, which i dont. i just go with some friends for fun runs.

Glad about how Marrone responded to the public. Very impressed actually.

How he deals with hughes should be interesting. Bet he already cuffed him upside the head B-)

I am willing to take Jerry and Marcel under my wing.

I can take them to the NYIRP in Leicester NY and teach them how to Drag race in a controlled environment. Safely . And they would have a riot i bet.

Anyone who has a car and can pass a safety tech can run. Even my street car. I have seen youngsters bring their parents minivans to run Lol

I went for the first time in 2008 and man what a great environment .

I will do this for these guys if will keep them from potentially hurting another or themselves. Its good clean fun actually even though very challenging and high pressure if you get serious, which i dont. i just go with some friends for fun runs.

Glad about how Marrone responded to the public. Very impressed actually.

How he deals with hughes should be interesting. Bet he already cuffed him upside the head B-)

Violation of a standard NFL contract. B-)

Marrone's job right now is the get the team ready for the season. For some players, that means drills,workouts in OTAs. For others - Dareus - at this point it means getting mentally ready.

I am sure there is plenty that the media and fans are not aware of behind the scenes. From a HIPPAA perspective, if he does have some mental health issues, it is certainly nothing we should know.

I think its a " lets take a break here and spend some time talking about stuff " Just step back for a breather

?

Violation of a standard NFL contract. B-)

not if its done on the QT , like a parent might : )

It's weird how that got out there and then it's gone.

Nah, this is what you said:

You are clearly saying that it will be difficult to prove that street racing was happening, despite calls to the police alerting them of racing, as well as the physical evidence of high speed car travel by two cars simultaneously, with one car nearly entering a "mongolian buffet" restaurant as a result of the driver losing control during this obvious race.

So, look---I'm sorry, I think that your premise that racing would be hard to prove is silly. In fact, I doubt Dareus would even deny it, as obvious as it is. The DA would laugh, even if he prepared to offer a deal. I also don't buy that any witness would be intimidated by the fact that the guy racing is on the Bills. You really think the public would demonize a witness to this nonsense if he/she testified? It's not convincing. Besides, all they would need is the cops' testimony that they were called to a scene of a car race. No other witness would be needed.

I respect a clever or persuasive post. Yours was neither. Don't blame me for pointing it out. And stop running with open scissors.

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree on the witnesses. When it's all said and done, do you actually believe the street racing charge will stick? That Marcell won't plead to lesser charges?

Only thing I can think of is they figure he already has the football part down, and are sending him to some professional help for his decision making/mental part. Im sure they are not sending him off to just sit at home and do what he wants.

Or a trade.

Dareus and Hughes should invest in a recreational drag race car and get some training. Great off-season fun and cheaper than racing on the street, crashing and getting arrested.

I am ready and willing .

My street car would smoke both those wanna bes at the track anyways. on street tires.. And thats where racing should be done. Most people dont know its just fifteen bucks to run your car for hours on end and get all the thrills too

you can't coach speed and you can't fix stupid.....

Nope and hell no. I would be seeking a trade for his ass right now if I owned the team. I don't have time for !@#$ing morons. This kid has been screwing up since his 2nd season, let him be someone elses headache

Nope and hell no. I would be seeking a trade for his ass right now if I owned the team. I don't have time for !@#$ing morons. This kid has been screwing up since his 2nd season, let him be someone elses headache

The real Kellyto83TD is back!

The real Kellyto83TD is back!

Thank gosh. We need balance here. Its been too upbeat and fruity lately around these parts

Dareus is corrupting other team members now, he has to go.

Really disappointed in Marrone making excuses for him.

Basically he's telling the rest of the team if you're a starter, do as you please.

Now the swarming starts . and the playing field levels again

JK Joe :lol:

Edited by 3rdand12