3 or possibly 4 stadium sites will be presented by 7/11

AECOM, whose team was to have started scouting sites May 12, will be looking at local land-use laws, zoning analyses, market and financial feasibility, as well as traffic planning, cost estimates and potential environmental regulatory hurdles.

While it will look at a dozen or so sites, the contract calls for the firm to identify three, and no more than four, sites in a final report due by July 11.

http://www.buffalone...tadium-20140526

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that they'll find that many potential sites without going outside Erie County.

Probably true. I don't see downtown for lack of room, and to me it is a waste of waterfront space. So the current spot in OP, or maybe the old Thruway mall area combined with the idle Frontier yard across the street gives a lot of land. Easy access for traffic, and the Galleria down the street

Cheektowaga- aero drive area near Madams and Pharoahs as well as the airport, transit, and the 90/290split.

Downtown-waterfront, harbor, possibly using some of the old grain mills as basis for the stadium.

Hamburg- using possibly ecc lot as base for the stadium. Right across the street. Using the lots available.

Complete renovation of the Ralph.

While I believe that - for a host of reasons - the Perry Projects site will end up as the new home of the Bills, I have to say that the idea of placing an indoor stadium on the Concrete Central peninsula and incorporating the elevator into the design would be pretty badass.

While I believe that - for a host of reasons - the Perry Projects site will end up as the new home of the Bills, I have to say that the idea of placing an indoor stadium on the Concrete Central peninsula and incorporating the elevator into the design would be pretty badass.

the Cargil elevator would be perfect. Just use the elevators as one of the sides of the stadium.

What does Chris Hogan have to do with this?

Mis-leading headline for sure, who is Beerball? going for shameless clicks, is that you Jerry?

I think the best place for the stadium would be by the old south Bflo RR terminal (which they could fix up and make into a store/Bills HOF/ whatever else/museum and they could use the cool art deco architecture to model the stadium from. Is the PO still there? I know it is a slight challenge to get the roads up to snuff but honestly they needed redoing 20 years ago and that neighborhood needed an upgrade too. JMBO (just my biased opinion).

Downtown/Waterfront- The preferred option to revitalize downtown Buffalo

Niagara Falls- The option that gets more Canadian fans

Orchard Park (Complete Renovation)- The option most fans want to keep there tailgating Status Quo and ample parking/space.

Not really sure of the 4th option. Batavia?

Edited by Awwufelloff

Two links from that great site. http://www.19ideas.com/stadium/?id=1284

http://www.19ideas.com/stadium/?id=1285

I also see I was not the only one to put it there, now haha. But I honestly think this is a good place and would love to see the Terminal situation improve along with it, used to hang out there and take photos years ago and am glad ppl are working to make it better again. Plus this site has great access, light rail would be so easy here!

Kelly Island could be interesting,

1. It's walkable across the bridge to Sabres parking.

2. People could boat to the game.

3. The metro ends there.

4. My favorite reason, it demos up all those old eye sore crappy silos.

5. Sure A few bridges would need to be built to connect to Ohio st and also Rt 5.

6. Gives Buffalo a waterfront stadium

7. Seen as a positive to the Riverbend project.

Forgive my ignorance, I haven't lived in WNY for many years and when I did I seldom was in Buffalo proper.

Is there any way that the facade of the train terminal could fit as an entrance to a new stadium? That is such a beautiful building it would be wonderful to see it re-purposed.

maybe the old Thruway mall area combined with the idle Frontier yard across the street gives a lot of land.

I give that location a thumbs down since it'll interfere with me getting to Redlinski's.