3 or possibly 4 stadium sites will be presented by 7/11

Oh come on, I didn't even mention the whaling, deadmanning, or anchoring that might be required based on the wave-induced lateral loads.

So I'm guessing that by trade you are a stand up philosopher.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm guessing that by trade you are a stand up philosopher.

Oh, a bullschitter, eh?

Did you bullschit this week?

Were you willing and able to bullschit this week?

GO BILLS!!!

It would make sense to put the stadium near UB, so it could be shared between the Bills and Bulls. The dome would allow for conventions and concerts in the winter. The proximity is close enough to the 990 that it would be easy enough to get to. Closer to Canada to get the canuckleheads in easier. Probably a little easier to get to than the current site for fans coming from Rochester and Syracuse areas.

Therefore, this idea ties into UB 2020 (a big pushing point for Cuomo ( :sick: )), has the stadium being used more frequently just for football, and is more convenient for the majority of the population base. For all these reasons, it is better than putting it downtown where traffic will suck to get to, you probably won't be able to tailgate as well, and the stadium will get a direct blast from lake effect snow 30x/year thus weakening the roof in the long-term. For all of the aforementioned reason, Amherst/UB area would be best, however considering how awful and corrupt our politicians are, they will probably put in the worst possible area and not put a dome over it.

It would make sense to put the stadium near UB, so it could be shared between the Bills and Bulls. The dome would allow for conventions and concerts in the winter. The proximity is close enough to the 990 that it would be easy enough to get to. Closer to Canada to get the canuckleheads in easier. Probably a little easier to get to than the current site for fans coming from Rochester and Syracuse areas.

Therefore, this idea ties into UB 2020 (a big pushing point for Cuomo ( :sick: )), has the stadium being used more frequently just for football, and is more convenient for the majority of the population base. For all these reasons, it is better than putting it downtown where traffic will suck to get to, you probably won't be able to tailgate as well, and the stadium will get a direct blast from lake effect snow 30x/year thus weakening the roof in the long-term. For all of the aforementioned reason, Amherst/UB area would be best, however considering how awful and corrupt our politicians are, they will probably put in the worst possible area and not put a dome over it.

Wherever they put the stadium there will be infrastructure changes. The city/downtown of every major city has taken on development as a necessity. People are moving out of suburbs and into the cities and it is making downtown areas thrive again. The flight to the suburbs is over. At least in forward thinking places. If they put the stadium downtown they can still share facilities with UB. Tailgaiting can still happen too, if the city/state, as part of infrastructure changes, expands the subway system and creates a viable commuter train system. Same amount of people, less vehicle traffic. It's time for B-Lo to step into the present and act like a city again; not an accumulation of suburbs around a dead downtown.

Edited by purple haze

You may have said it a little harshly, but i got to agree with the sentiment.

The stadium should be built on the water. For those who have said 'i don't want to ruin the waterfront with a stadium', are you joking??? The waterfront in Buffalo is pathetic compared to cities like Cleveland and Pitt, both towns that embraced the waterfront and developed on it!

Good, gosh i can already see why so little happens in Buffalo. I can only hope that strong decisive leaders exist and will make swift and accurate decisions. Forget about what ever constituent has to say, get something done!

If that is a serious concern, a major developer could get rid of that eye soar in Bethlehem Steel, and place right on the border of downtown. There is so much waterfront land, and then build the hotels, restaurants around it. We'd get rid of that mess, build up our waterfront, and beautify another part of the city. It's also so close to the downtown waterfront, there would be a ton of business developed from the experience. I only mention this as an alternative to the logical choice of NF as that is the only shot of someday getting a shot at a SB.

While I believe that - for a host of reasons - the Perry Projects site will end up as the new home of the Bills, I have to say that the idea of placing an indoor stadium on the Concrete Central peninsula and incorporating the elevator into the design would be pretty badass.

Could be amazing...

Wherever they put the stadium there will be infrastructure changes. The city/downtown of every major city has taken on development as a necessity. People are moving out of suburbs and into the cities and it is making downtown areas thrive again. The flight to the suburbs is over. At least in forward thinking places. If they put the stadium downtown they can still share facilities with UB. Tailgaiting can still happen too, if the city/state, as part of infrastructure changes, expands the subway system and creates a viable commuter train system. Same amount of people, less vehicle traffic. It's time for B-Lo to step into the present and act like a city again; not an accumulation of suburbs around a dead downtown.

Considering our population base and fan base are very scattered, putting the stadium near the worst possible weather location makes no sense. We have a small market that must attract people from further distances to support the team. With that in mind, putting them downtown, where traffic would be god awful, makes no sense when you can have a more open location for this regional franchise.

Considering our population base and fan base are very scattered, putting the stadium near the worst possible weather location makes no sense. We have a small market that must attract people from further distances to support the team. With that in mind, putting them downtown, where traffic would be god awful, makes no sense when you can have a more open location for this regional franchise.

Uh...50,000 people work in downtown Buffalo every day...including the winter.

The ability to handle traffic won't be a stumbling block,,,unless it's in a no-man's land like the Central Terminal or outer harbor sites. The Perry project site wouldn't be much of a problem...no different than getting to OBD is today.

You glossed over the point I made about infrastructure changes that incorporates subway and commuter train service to the downtown area. And in fact, wherever they build the stadium would more than likely come with substantial road work too. The way downtown is now is not the way it would remain if they chose to build the stadium there.

But your thinking is the very thing that is wrong with the area. Putting the stadium in Orchard Park all those years ago was a foolish thing to do. But at least at that time they could point to a trend of suburban flight. There is no excuse for that mindset today. Putting the stadium in a Batavia for instance wouldn't be intelligent. Fans of the team will still come to games if the stadium is downtown and imagine they can take a commuter train service there instead of driving? Imagine they have bars and restaurants, retail outlets near the stadium to patronize before or after games? A new stadium, I am betting, will come as part of a broader development that incorporates a convention center aspect/hotels/entertainment district. It won't just be a stadium.

You go to any downtown area in most cities and there are people everywhere. Buffalo's downtown in the recent past, after working hours, has been a ghost town. That is unacceptable and far from what it was when I was very young. It is time for Buffalo to make a full come back. In this day and age that starts with viable downtown areas. Buffalo needs people with vision. I hope the pols and the Bills execs will show that should a new stadium be the way forward.

Edited by purple haze

• 1 month later...

I would say strong favorites are:

Renovate

Build on Adjacent Lot

Somewhere in Southern-downtown, but not at harbor (Perry Street?)

for 4th spotl

UB/Audubon

Downtown? Per Buffalo News this morning, 11 people shot in the foot the past couple of days. (More Bu$$alo Police needed in the 3rd poorest city in USA) No Thanks. By the way a study a couple of years ago rated the neighborhood around the Ralph the second safest in the NFL, Safest, New England. Both stadiums not located in a city! I wonder where the Billion $$ will come from for a new stadium after our roads and bridges which are in bad shape are fixed, Erie County doubt it. New York State, not if New York City has any say.