The New stadium must be a dome

Has it ever occurred to you that teams with domes are getting rid of them when they rebuild. Seattle. Minnesota. Indy. Atlanta. They gross fans out after awhile. Stale atmosphere. Not real football. Syracuse has concluded they are losing recruits because of their claustrophobic arena football dome and are thinking of ripping the roof off as a quick fix. Heinz field should be the model. Great sight lines. Great views of god's beautiful sky. Real football. $350 mil.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats embarrassing , Just because you got old, don't push you weak feeble logic on us. The Bills, like NE, GB, CHI, NJ, PIT, Cleve, Seat, and Phili, should be playing in the snow in the wind, in the cold. Im embarrassed that Bills fans would even contemplate this.

YEAH WE get worse weather than places like minneapolis or detroit

,new stadiums get SB consideration ,not automatic but consideration ,i guess you have your opinion but try backing it with facts

I could, buy first ........ what facts do you have ????

Fans stay away from game in December cause we're 6-9, not the weather.

Yes I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, but I'm not ready to strip the nostalgia from the orgainization to make some people more comfortable.

A Retractable Roof facility is what we need, in the Downtown, that can utilize existing infrastructure, Metrorail, bus, Amtrak, hotels etc. Imagine no parking hassles, because the metro drops off right in the new Stadium.

This project will likely involve the removal of some buildings, or houses, adding or rerouting a road, making existing parking lots two stories instead of 1 to handle extra cars.

Having this kind of facility will allow for the possibility of getting other large events like

1. NCAA Bowl games and playoffs.

2. NCAA Basketball Final Four.

3. NCAA Wrestling Championship

4. Democratic National Convention

5. Super Bowl if they keep buildings hotels in the Buffalo Area.

6. The NFL Combine.

7. Neutral site games for NCAA football teams.

If they make it a first class venue, then, you'll attract first class events, even with the cold weather.

So you advocate cutting the tail-gaiting out?

Secondly, all that removing of buildings, neighborhoods, building roads etc is a lot of work.

Edited by stony

A dome will not guarantee a sell out late December games

Simply, you're wrong. Many people won't even consider a game in November or December now. With a dome they WILL go

Fans stay away from game in December cause we're 6-9, not the weather.

Really? Then explain for instance why the playoff Houston "comeback" game was not a sell-out? The WEATHER

The Comeback game wasn't a sellout NOT because of the weather, but because the week before the Bills got SMOKED by Houston in he last regular season game of the year... and in that game we had Kelly and Thurman. Kelly was knocked out of that game and was ruled out of the playoff game. Biscuit wasn't going to be playing in the playoff game either. I think many fans didn't think we could win and saved their $$$ plain and simple.

Has it ever occurred to you that teams with domes are getting rid of them when they rebuild. Seattle. Minnesota. Indy. Atlanta. They gross fans out after awhile. Stale atmosphere. Not real football. Syracuse has concluded they are losing recruits because of their claustrophobic arena football dome and are thinking of ripping the roof off as a quick fix. Heinz field should be the model. Great sight lines. Great views of god's beautiful sky. Real football. $350 mil.

Syracuse is losing recruits because they haven't had a good team since Donovan McNabb was the quarterback and Marvin Harrison was the wide receiver catching touchdowns.

Dome should be a last resort. Been to a handful of domed games and the experience sucks. Totally antiseptic and i'd much rather sit on my couch and watch it on tv. Cold and snow are fine if you layer and dress properly. Bunch of pansies in here.

The only argument for a dome that should be considered is the economic one.

Back in the NFL Europe days of the Amsterdam Admirals, they played their home games in the Amsterdam Arena (the first stadium in the world with a retractable roof/dome). As fans we were always hoping for the roof to be closed, because the roof resonated the sound back onto the field thus allowing us to completly disrupt the offense huddles of the opposing team. We've gone unbeaten at home so often even with terrible teams while we were unable to win any games on the road, simply due to the noise levels. Our nouse levels were so loud that opposing coaches got together and filed a complaint with the league (which resulted in the banning of fans using WW2 air raid sirens... :( ).

A dome built to resonate sound can be a huge huge huge advantage and one that the fans can control. Forget snow games, give the team a dome and bring shame on the 12th man in Seattle.

Ok I can go with a roof that closes in bad weather. I see many are butt hurt at the idea and that is the thinking that will cause the Bills to jet as soon as the lease is up. We MUST have a new stadium and it MUST be in a way that fans etc will come in December.

Badiebla has hit it on the head, Dome/Retractable roof at the Falls would = a few superbowls. It also = more money because of attendance and I am telling you some better FA's as they don't have to play in the crap Buffalo weather. And we MUST Get home games in December. The playoffs are made most of the time with November and December runs and I want as many of those games at home as possible.

So I will say it must be a 'Covered' stadium.

Dome should be a last resort. Been to a handful of domed games and the experience sucks. Totally antiseptic and i'd much rather sit on my couch and watch it on tv. Cold and snow are fine if you layer and dress properly. Bunch of pansies in here.

The only argument for a dome that should be considered is the economic one.

That is exactly what people do, stay home and watch TV...IN BAD WEATHER. No one gives a **** about the 15k or so 'hard core/True fans' that sit out in **** weather. The NFL is about packing the seats and Fans better Wake the hell up to that.

This fanbase and pretty much 95% of this board needs to wake up. It is all changing now. Get used to very little or no tail gating on the parking facility, Covered stadium etc.

My question to you guys is this. Do you or do you not want the Bills to stay? If so, then get ready for damn near complete change. It has been coming for YEARS and only because of ralph did things stay 'old school'. The Bills will be forced by the NFL and its ownership to get with the times or they will move. Hell Don't be shocked if an owner wants to move the team early the NFL and other owners help pay the fines / Legal fees to do so. It is all about the money now.

Simply, you're wrong. Many people won't even consider a game in November or December now. With a dome they WILL go

Really? Then explain for instance why the playoff Houston "comeback" game was not a sell-out? The WEATHER

Agreed

I didn't realize this till just now, but Minnesota's new stadium is not a retractable roof it is a fixed roof put another way it's a building.

The cool thing they have designed it with lots of natural light by using glass for the roof and windows. I did read that certain windows open on the sides for a view of the City.

Anyone that has been to downtown Indianapolis recently can see what having a covered stadium and hosting the Superbowl can do for a city. The downtown is bustling and beautiful now and it's because they hosted a Superbowl in 2012. There is a lot of business buildup around a stadium when a Superbowl is awarded. I was there just a few short months after they hosted the Game in 2012. Indianapolis is beautiful now, and we should all want the same for our beloved Buffalo.

Let go of tradition and do what's best for our homeland, folks.

If you want to speed up Buffalo's renaissance, build a covered stadium downtown and watch progress unfold.