Jim Kelly Update Thread: Biopsies Negative, Cancer Free!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love jumbo and the strength that he and his family share with us all so publicly is so fantastic. The accomplishments on the gridiron are great but his life after football and off the field is the real lasting story. Keep going Kelley Strong Jim. WE LOVE YOU!

I'm really glad they've done this so publicly............There are a handful of people who keep stirring up crap on the News comments under these stories. Why is he so important? My so and so has cancer, too? Etc.

I'm not sure how they don't get that there a lot more people who know Jim Kelly, than your 2nd cousin.

I'm really glad they've done this so publicly............There are a handful of people who keep stirring up crap on the News comments under these stories. Why is he so important? My so and so has cancer, too? Etc.

I'm not sure how they don't get that there a lot more people who know Jim Kelly, than your 2nd cousin.

Plus publicizing his strength in battling it can be inspirational to others that are in the same fight.

Wow I just saw the pic for the first time and man Jimbo looks drained.

No doubt this is the toughest fight of his life.

#PrayersForJK

CBF

He is fighting for his life. Looks like he lost major weight too. Hate seeing him go through this.

All we can do is pray and hope .

He is fighting for his life. Looks like he lost major weight too. Hate seeing him go through this.

All we can do is pray and hope .

Because of where the cancer is located, the radiation treatments irritate the inside of his mouth, where he's already had surgery the previous year. The radiation also temporarily damages the taste buds. So not only is eating acutely painful, there's also no sense of taste. He was getting his nutrition through a feeding tube for a few weeks, but even with that he is bound to lose weight.

Not a fun time, but I think that hitting the cancer hard with chemo and radiation now will hopefully put the cancer into remission.

I had read that the chemo basically burned the top of the inside of his mouth and left it as an open sore, almost like a huge blistered cankersore. I can't imagine the pain with that.

I have been following Kelly's battle closely. My heart goes out to him and his family. It has been extremely hard and emotional for me after losing my wife to cancer in February. I know what they are going through. Seeing Jim coming home and how much it took out of him hit so close to home. Jim Kelly was a hero of mine when he played. It's like watching someone you grew up with battle this dreadful disease. My wish is no one on TBD or the Bills have to go through this. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Edited by westside

A couple others too :)

Mike Greenberg@Espngreeny 32m

Jim Kelly with some visitors you may recognize. RT pic.twitter.com/5ai5IB64aSBpFPAeuIAAEcbic.jpg

Mike Rodak @mikerodak · 2h

Dan Kelly, Jim's brother, will shave his head tomorrow. Says some Bills players will also. Jim shaved his yesterday.

Dan Kelly says Jim is hoping to return from hospital within next week. Says nerve pain from cancer is "gone."
Edited by YoloinOhio

all things considered, he looks pretty good. Tough mofo

Agreed but what is amazing is the guy hardly looks like a tough S.O.B. NFL QB. That stuff kicked his ass but he still fought through.

@buffalobills

This incredible video is everything you need to know about Jim Kelly's toughness. #PrayersForJK #KellyTough http://vimeo.com/96737709

Wow ... That was touching....

A couple others too :)

Mike Greenberg@Espngreeny 32m

Jim Kelly with some visitors you may recognize. RT pic.twitter.com/5ai5IB64aSBpFPAeuIAAEcbic.jpg

Mike Rodak @mikerodak · 2h

Dan Kelly, Jim's brother, will shave his head tomorrow. Says some Bills players will also. Jim shaved his yesterday.

Dan Kelly says Jim is hoping to return from hospital within next week. Says nerve pain from cancer is "gone."

Schnellenburger and PoliaN?

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded1) for our transgressions, he was 2)bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes 3 )we are healed.”

Excerpt From: Nelson, Thomas. “The Holy Bible, King James Study Bible (KJV).” Thomas Nelson, 2012-10-12. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.