Poll: If you could choose any current NFL QB for the 2014 Bills...

Which QB would you choose to lead the Bills in 2014?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose any current NFL QB to lead the Bills in 2014 and beyond, who would it be?

• Peyton Manning
    • Tom Brady
    • Drew Brees
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Johnny Manziel
    • Andrew Luck
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Russell Wilson
    • EJ Manuel
    • RG III
    • Tony Romo
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Jay Cutler
    • Fitz
    • Skelton
    • Nick Foles
    • Cam Newton
    • Alex Smith
    • Other

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just for fun!

Calling " shame on you " is in fun i think . If one were pissed and crying that phrase is not nearly aggressive as *&^%$#@! you #$@! idjit

I picked EJ because he is our QB

Taking someone else's QB is like having sloppy seconds from the girl down the street.

If you did not pick EJ shame on you.

What if she is pamela Anderson. How about then ?

unless he gets hit and doesnt get up

Same can be said for any QB in the league...

Thats just not true . for shame . Luck will be a semi-legend for the Colts no doubt , but dont discount EJ yet

Right now it is true. The best EJ has shown so far wouldn't be anywhere near Luck's best. Luck's average is better than Manuel's best so far. Which isn't saying much since Manuel has only played ten games so far. Hopefully Manuel changes that this season.

For me, it's Andrew Luck.

Manning & Brady aren't going to be around much longer. Aaron Rodgers is great, but I gotta go with the younger Luck.

No love for Phillip Rivers? I think the guy is a stud.

So Skelton is listed, but Nick Foles isn't? Hmmm.

U do realize Philip Rivers is 2 years older and not as good as A Rodgers? I agree that Rivers is a really good QB, just i am going with Rodgers.

What if she is pamela Anderson. How about then ?

Pam's box was beat to hell with Tommy Lee's 3rd arm. That roast beef wouldn't look too good these days. Maybe like 20 years ago!

Edited by snamsnoops

This whole thread is just kind of crazy. EJ Manuel has more votes than Brady, Brees and Manning combined!! It is okay people, you won't lose your fandom if you would rather have Drew Brees than EJ Manuel. The point of the thread was if you could have anyone who would you pick? Obviously, no one would pick EJ if they had a shot at Rodgers, Brees, etc...

Andrew Luck by a country mile in my mind....not only is a great pocket passer, but he's young and has all the tangibles and intangibles necessary to be great....put him in New Orleans, and he's the League MVP. He needs a better support staff, Wayne is aging and T.Y. Hilton is a one trick pony - even though I like what he brings, Luck is far and away in my mind the best "long-term" QB given his age...JMO but, he's head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree 100% 2014 and beyond Andrew Luck gives you the best chance at long term success and probably would bring the long awaited SB championship we all desire. Honorable mention Aaron Rodgers was my first thought, but Andrew Luck IMO is the smart choice long term.

The question was: "

If you could choose any current NFL QB to lead the Bills in 2014 and beyond, who would it be?"

Based on that, the poll answers are spot on - no choice other than Rodgers or Luck makes any sense whatsoever. Manning, Brady, and Brees are too old.

If you believe in Luck he's a no-brainer - the greatest draft prospect in 30 years shows no sign of disappointing. He's going to be a stud for 15 years+, so he was my pick.

If you aren't sure about Luck, then Rodgers is the only current top-tier QB who isn't close to retiring.

Exactly my thoughts. It was between Luck and Rodgers, Rodgers is above Luck in skill. But I chose Luck because he is younger, and still heading up the hill to his peak. The and "beyond" removes the older choices who are the best there is now, but are only a year or two removed from retirement.

I don't know how anyone arguing that winning one in SB in 2014 is all that matters could then argue for taking Peyton Manning in answer to that question. Manning has won one Superbowl and whilst you can put some of that on other parts of his team his ability to make key mistakes at key moments in the post-season shouldn't be overlooked.

At the end of the day, one statistic matters - winning. Below is the winning % of the top 15 QBs with over 20,000 career passing yards and number of games started

Graham 81.0% 71

Brady 77.5% 191

Staubac 74.6% 114

Montana 71.3% 164

Manning 69.6% 240

Bradshaw 67.7% 158

Roethlesberger 66.9% 142

Rodgers 66.7% 87

Stabler 66.1% 146

Young 65.7% 143

Unitas 64.5% 186

Elway 64.3% 231

Kelly 63.1% 160

The other guys mentioned in the poll, most have too small of a sample size. But its hard to ignore the top 3...

Wilson 75.0% 32

Kaepernick 73.9% 23

Luck 68.8% 32

Romo 58.3% 108

Foles 56.3% 16

Smith 55.0% 90

Cutler 53.8% 104

Newton 52.1% 48

Skelton 47.1% 17

Griffin III 42.9% 28

Manuel 40.0% 10

Fitz 35.7% 77