Four Position Battles to watch in Training Camp

Rob Quinn at Forged in Buffalo has done some nice write-ups on the Bills. This one focuses on some potential position battles in TC:

OG - Williams/Urbik/Richardson

Reserve Safety-Searcy/Meeks/Ladler

Slot Corner - Robey/Graham/Cockrell

Depth WR - Elliott/Hogan/Barden

L4y-gRlc_normal.jpegThe #BillsMafia @TheBillsMafia · 19h

At
looks at four position battles that will be going on at
training camp this year:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested on how the LB core works out. We brought in some young talent, some vets, and we have a few returnees. I'm curious to see who lining up with their hand in the dirt in pass rush, who is playing Mike during passing downs, and if any claims the Sam spot.

Rob Quinn at Forged in Buffalo has done some nice write-ups on the Bills. This one focuses on some potential position battles in TC:

L4y-gRlc_normal.jpegThe #BillsMafia @TheBillsMafia · 19h

At
looks at four position battles that will be going on at
training camp this year:

A nice article for a 22 year old college kid.

OTAs and preseason will be interesting this year. A lot of guys are in tough competitions for starting positions and roster slots.

OTAs and preseason will be interesting this year. A lot of guys are in tough competitions for starting positions and roster slots.

I like the work that Rob Quinn does. I don't always agree with him but for the most part his assessments are thorough and well reasoned. He may be my favorite of the bloggers.

More realistically pears vs Hairston.... Or henderson vs himself

I know that I am in the minority but I could see all 3 of them making the team with Pears moving back inside. When I did my 53 I think that I kept 9 OL. Glenn, Wood, Richardson, Urbik and Kuoandjio were my starters with Williams, Henderson, Pears & Hairston as the reserves. Unga could take one of those spots or they may only keep 8 but they want versatility on the line. I think that Urbik will end up as the back up center.

Bradham vs the roster.

How do Rivers, Spikes, Bradham and Searcy stack up.

Yes, Searcy is a Safety but I see his role similar to what a MLB could be. Do they keep Searcy as a 3rd in the box safety? Does this mean they carry one less ILB?

If Spikes is at the top and Bradham at the bottom, how much further below is he and how close is he to Rivers?

Seems i read that Whaley thought Graham could play safety or boundary corner. Not sure he did but those safety positions are going to be a battle.

I think we Know A Williams and Searcy are back there. Beyond that ...

And some of these guys can play two postions well or even very well.

really nice problems this year ! DE opposite Mario should be fun too along with the OLBs who can 3 point.

Should create alot of confusion for Offenses . If pettine was still here i am sure they would dominate . I hope Jim can take advantage

Go Bills .

I'm interested on how the LB core works out. We brought in some young talent, some vets, and we have a few returnees. I'm curious to see who lining up with their hand in the dirt in pass rush, who is playing Mike during passing downs, and if any claims the Sam spot.

If Bradham makes the team it's b/c of ST. I like the meanness and beef we brought in at this role. The line will be a nice competition, and where each WR will rank by the end of camp. Who will be #1, #2, and #3. It's not a lock Watkins is at the top. It could be Williams. Will Woods be #2 or 3? I'm assuming Goodwin will be a solid #4.

Reserve safety? Shouldn't the battle be for starting SS and include Duke Williams

I prefer Graham at CB and think he takes over nickel from Robey who we all like but prob better suited as 4th CB

Reserve safety? Shouldn't the battle be for starting SS and include Duke Williams

I prefer Graham at CB and think he takes over nickel from Robey who we all like but prob better suited as 4th CB

I think that he is assuming Duke is starting. IMO he is the favorite to start opposite AW but I agree with you that it isn't a sure thing.

KiKO will slide inside on obvious passing downs. Isnt Rivers the SAM & KiKO the Wil making Spikes the obvious Mik

Actually they're aren't a lot of Battles.

Which is a good thing.

You 7/11 staters from last year on offense.

With addition in, without a battle, Watkins.

Making 8 starting positions in Ink. 1 in Pencil, Kouandjio. RT, LG, and one of the 3 WR slots will change from last year.

Manuel, Woods, Goodwin, wood, FJ, CJ, Urbik, Glenn, Chandler all return to their roles. Even if Moeaki or Gregg push for reps Chandler will likely still get significant PT.

That kind of continuity in the same system is good for an offense and should give them a jump start on the year.

On Defense the same games 7/11 staters are the same. Aaron Williams, McKelvin, Gilmore, Dareus ( if not suspended (dumb-ass)) Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Kiko.

The big change is how the LBs will fit in to the new system. Which has been discussed ad nausium . Not continuity in system but most of the starters on key positions are settled.