Ben Carson

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the tap into the mindless anger of the right wing cry babies. They live in the best country in the world with the highest standard of living and so many things that so many others can only dream about and they cry, whine and stomp their feet screaming like idiots. And we should take them seriously? F them!

On its present course, unconstitutionally set by the community organizer in charge, this country is spiraling downward at a rapid pace. The phucking DOJ is forcing cocks in girl's locker rooms and choosing what religions can and cannot refuse to endorse gay weddings. This administration blatantly uses government agencies for political reasons and unabashedly lies to the public to further its goals. It is the epitome of corruptness and you have the gall to wonder why those that oppose it are upset?

we have a Jesuit as pope. he believes, as do I, that the bible requires interpretation. reading it literally is a mistake. are you saying that one cannot be a Christian and believe this?

What I say is irrelevant to the conversation. What YOU are saying is that while you may believe in God, he is not as powerful as the science you rely on to refute what he has done.

Edited by LABillzFan

Along with the violent past thing, I guess the west point thing isn't true either?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598#ixzz3qjJvclwe

Not sure if this is 'attacking' or if this is 'fact checking', I'll let you guys decide. Also, not sure if stories of his childhood are all that relevant to his nomination now, but the masses eat this stuff up.

I think what they are saying is that God is so powerful that he can create scientifically old things. There's no arguing against such a concept, because such concept always has an answer.

of course why stop there, God could have created everything a second ago including all our memories

Along with the violent past thing, I guess the west point thing isn't true either?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598#ixzz3qjJvclwe

Not sure if this is 'attacking' or if this is 'fact checking', I'll let you guys decide. Also, not sure if stories of his childhood are all that relevant to his nomination now, but the masses eat this stuff up.

You're not sure if stories about his childhood are relevant to his nomination. Really???

You're not sure if stories about his childhood are relevant to his nomination. Really???

One could make an argument either way. I personally don't care that much.

of course why stop there, God could have created everything a second ago including all our memories

Yup. And we could all be living in the Matrix. Can't disprove a lot of ideas, so anything is possible, heh.

What I say is irrelevant to the conversation. What YOU are saying is that while you may believe in God, he is not as powerful as the science you rely on to refute what he has done.

mm hmm..so evolution is incompatible with your definition of Christianity. fortunately, the idea is fully compatible with the official doctrine of mine. wise people, much smarter than you or I have developed the theology behind that thinking over a couple thousand years. but you and your ilk are absolutely certain that you know God's meanings. it's arrogance to the extreme.

CNN is all in on Carson: His numbers are rising because of white guilt. :lol:

Was CNN jealous of how bad MSNBC has been looking lately?

Wow.

mm hmm..so evolution is incompatible with your definition of Christianity. fortunately, the idea is fully compatible with the official doctrine of mine. wise people, much smarter than you or I have developed the theology behind that thinking over a couple thousand years. but you and your ilk are absolutely certain that you know God's meanings. it's arrogance to the extreme.

That's not what he said, at all, you nitwit.

Answer this question: Is God powerful enough to have created what appears to be an aged Universe only 6000 years ago?

CNN is all in on Carson: His numbers are rising because of white guilt. :lol:

I would've phrased it differently, but there's a point in there somewhere.

Obama wouldn't have had a chance to be president back in 2008 if he were white.

Similarly, I don't think Carson is polling this well if he were white. This isn't to say he's not an accomplished man, much more than Obama. But what makes him special is that he's a black conservative.

Wow.

Answer this question: Is God powerful enough to have created what appears to be an aged Universe only 6000 years ago?

If God exists. Along with an infinite number of random musings anyone might think of. We're all actually part of a computer simulation. (spoiler alert) Just about any explanation you can think of is equally as plausible as what the Bible, Torah, Qur'an or Book of Xenu tells us.

This particular presidential candidate, however, says he has a plan if our warming climate causes the oceans to rise. He says he's going to build a bunch of arks. As if Waterworld wasn't a big enough flop the first time! Now that's some responsible government spending. You people are idiots.

</driveby>

Edited by Gene Frenkle

Dude. Carson's only mistake here...is the same mistake I've heard many people, from all walks of life, make. Some of the smartest people in the country don't understand the distinctions here. Hell, even ex-military officers(ROTC) have spoken incorrectly about this, right in from of me.

If I wrote you a "sales" paragraph extolling the virtue of going to West Point...minus West Point...you'd swear I was talking about a scholarship at some university. That's because West Point == You go to college, and you don't pay anything. The only real distinction, that is relevant here, between a West Point Appointment, and a scholarship? Everybody else at West Point has the same deal you do.

EDIT: Now, if you just took this, and regurgitated, somebody would then have to correct you as well! :lol: Why? Because you also get paid an E6(Seargent) equivalent paycheck every month(which is entirely spent, leaving you with ~$60). Now, if this were to happen would you be "lying"?

I could write 10 paragraphs about my experience going through the entire process, from filling out my first form, to reporting to the Cadet in the Red Sash, but, it's doubtful you or anybody wants to read all that. Westmoreland knew that too. So, he told Carson the elevator pitch/short story, included the good stuff, and didn't bother with the distinctions. Teenage Carson made a incorrect inference anyone would make, given the cursory discussion he had with Westmoreland: let's face it, the incoming Army Chief of Staff has...maybe...5 minutes for a potential plebe.

Unless Carson actually began the process, which he didn't, he wouldn't know any of this, and never think getting the story straight was necessary: an appointment walks like a scholarship, talks like a scholarship...but isn't.

This whole thing boils down to: maybe .001% of the country actually understands West Point, on any level, and the rest screw up when talking about it all the time.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Wow.

There is no God

but if there was a God why would he create a deceptively aged Universe - tell me about your deceiving God

False...

I can unequivocally state that I love science and understand and accept its basic laws. I do not know whether or not the earth is six thousand years old or not, and I'm not sure that such knowledge is important. The Bible says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and earth." It then goes on to describe the creation week without in any way indicating what the period of time was that elapsed between the first verse of the Bible and the start of creation week. It could have been billions of years, or it could have been less than one day. That means the earth could be billions of years old, or it could have been created in an already mature state by God six thousand years ago.

...Ben Carson's own words from his book One Nation.

Even though it isn't a big deal to him, (when the earth was created) the left has take his words and twist them around. They have to do this because Ben Carson is an icon in areas and communities where much of their base lives. They hate the fact that a poor black mother can raise her kids through hard work and not on the dole. And they hate hate hate to have those kids be as successful as Dr. Carson while applying conservative principles in his own life.

Way to be concise - because you know that quality isn't important to be leader of the free world. Carson is a joke - made up stories about his past - made up West point - whatever that is - didn't even bother reading

Problem with guys who think that the world is 6000 years old and evolution didn't happen - which BTW includes most of the GOP CLOWNSHOW - is that this little litmus test means that they probably believe in the following:

1. Trickle down economics

2. Tax cuts pay for themselves

3. Repeal the ACA with no alternative

4. Proactive Wars

5. Flat taxes work

6. Gay marriage will ruin the Republic

7. We can build a 1000 mile wall

8. we are going to deport 11 million people

9. We need god in school and there is a war on Christmas

All of which are patently crap and signal a clear lack of ability

There is no God

but if there was a God why would he create a deceptively aged Universe - tell me about your deceiving God

The question wasn't directed at you, it was directed at birddog.

With that said, I've never stated that I do believe God created an aged Universe only 6000 years ago. I've simply asked that if someone believes in an all-powerful God, wouldn't one also have to acknowledge that he would, indeed, have that ability.

As to your "deceiving God" nonsense, you've made the mistake of ascribing human morality and conventions to I Am. The Christian God is also an infallible being, who does not answer backwards to your charges. He is as He has always been.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I would've phrased it differently, but there's a point in there somewhere.

Obama wouldn't have had a chance to be president back in 2008 if he were white.

Similarly, I don't think Carson is polling this well if he were white. This isn't to say he's not an accomplished man, much more than Obama. But what makes him special is that he's a black conservative.

Perhaps.

If you are right: who is responsible for creating the conditions that make Carson "special"?