Ben Carson

We are knee deep in it, we have interests all over the middle east and I'm not just talking about oil. We have strategic allies in place and the middle east is on the verge of having a nuclear race. Many of these countries are run by religious fanatics and the idea that if we just turn are backs, scale down on our military and for the most part just focus on Domestic issues which is what I wholeheartedly and with good reason believe in.

I'm not advocating for the Cheney foreign policy approach but definitely more muscular than Obama's. He's telegraphed his intentions on a number of issues, and our enemies know that he will avoid confrontation at all cost. That sounds nice, but it's not fitting for a country like the U.S

The credible threat of retaliation against countries that want to advance terror and regional dominance is critical. It's like playing poker with someone, if you know they aren't holding anything, then you will call them every time. Putin, Syria and ISIS all have been pushing themselves to the limit. Obama established a "red line", Syria knew he was bullshittin, and they crossed it. Now look at that **** hole. Putin knows that he is surrounded by a bunch of pacifistic pussies in Europe and he knows that we were naive enough to not assist Poland and Ukraine and he's continuously pushing everyone as far as he can.

And we all know that Bernie is even a much bigger non interventionist than Obama, he'd get pushed around even more.

Listen, I think he's an honest guy who has convictions. I like that.

But he's not made to be president of this country for matters of both the economy and foreign policy.

I think Putin has gotten destroyed over the mess in the Ukraine. Obama and a bunch of pacifistic pussies have crushed Russia's currency due to the sanctions combined with a fall in oil has crippled Russia's economy and currency. That will have greater long term negative consequences for Russia then pushing for a fairly useless land grab.

That not withstanding if you go to war over ever country doing something you don't like you are going to be at war all the time. In the end you can't force the world to be the way you want every-time through force. Economic engagement, diplomacy, and unilateral military action are part of a wider tool bag that all need to be used. The Middle East is destabilized in part due to the United States interventions in the Middle East. We aren't a stabilizing force through our use of military action.

There is only so much blood and money the USA can spend across the world. You also can't force the world to be the way you want without unintended consequences and blow-back. I understand that the Middle East is of interest to America for various reasons, but is it working? We are spending all this money and blood to accomplish what? It seems like all the USA is doing is shuffling around the pieces but the mess is still the same. Should America go in and take out ISIS yes, but Turkey, Iran, and Saudi Arabia need to be engaged in the fight as well.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This little gem could be sign of things to come. It was civil, well articulated, and without insult. Each party let the other speak, and actually seemed to address each others' arguments. It turns out that there was some agreement between the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T73LS6e1Rc

Edited by Franz Kafka

I think Putin has gotten destroyed over the mess in the Ukraine. Obama and a bunch of pacifistic pussies have crushed Russia's currency due to the sanctions combined with a fall in oil has crippled Russia's economy and currency. That will have greater long term negative consequences for Russia then pushing for a fairly useless land grab.

That not withstanding if you go to war over ever country doing something you don't like you are going to be at war all the time. In the end you can't force the world to be the way you want every-time through force. Economic engagement, diplomacy, and unilateral military action are part of a wider tool bag that all need to be used. The Middle East is destabilized in part due to the United States interventions in the Middle East. We aren't a stabilizing force through our use of military action.

There is only so much blood and money the USA can spend across the world. You also can't force the world to be the way you want without unintended consequences and blow-back. I understand that the Middle East is of interest to America for various reasons, but is it working? We are spending all this money and blood to accomplish what? It seems like all the USA is doing is shuffling around the pieces but the mess is still the same. Should America go in and take out ISIS yes, but Turkey, Iran, and Saudi Arabia need to be engaged in the fight as well.

No, you are wrong about Russia. The U.S. and specially Europe have rolled over and have looked extremely weak vs Russia. And if you think the Sanctions have been nearly as damaging to their economy as the plummeting price of energy then I don't know what to tell you.

Like I said Bernie seems like a nice guy but he's suited for Denmark not the U.S.

Ben Carson, the Superior Outsider

By Rich Lowry

While Jeb Bush feuds Donald Trump and others kowtow to him, only one candidate is seriously gaining on him.

Ben Carson is now tied with Trump in one Iowa poll and is close in others, an especially notable result given that The Donald has jammed a lifetime's worth of free media into the past couple of months.

Carson's rise suggests that it's possible to catch the populist wave roiling Republican politics and yet not be an obnoxious braggart who abuses anyone who crosses him and will say or do anything as long as he's getting attention. Ben Carson is a superior outsider to Donald Trump.

He is more gentlemanly and more conservative, with a more compelling life story. Carson is a man of faith who, despite his manifest accomplishments, has a quiet dignity and winsome modesty about him. Ben Carson is a throwback, whereas Donald Trump is a bold-faced name straight out of our swinish celebrity culture.

What they have in common is that they are political neophytes light on policy details who are memorable communicators precisely because they speak and carry themselves so differently from other politicians. Although the similarities stop there — Carson is what Trump calls "low energy," and yet he makes it work for him.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/ben-carson-the-superior-outsider-213291#ixzz3kggohu46

Edited by B-Man

No, you are wrong about Russia. The U.S. and specially Europe have rolled over and have looked extremely weak vs Russia. And if you think the Sanctions have been nearly as damaging to their economy as the plummeting price of energy then I don't know what to tell you.

Like I said Bernie seems like a nice guy but he's suited for Denmark not the U.S.

Of course energy prices are the key factor. But Sanctions have crippled Russia's ability to borrow. Russia's public debt is about 10% of GDP, which makes them highly credit worthy. But due to the sanctions they are not able to have access to credit to help out their economy when years of bad economic policy and plunging oil prices recently are already putting a squeeze on it. Also the sanctions have targeted the elite in Russia which is turning their hugely influential sentiment against Putin.

Russia's useless land grab and instigating against Ukraine has cost them a lot more than they have gained. Should there be a red line and aggressive action if certain actions are taken by Putin? Of course but more war should be an option not the only option.

In the end I think we have made our points, and we aren't going to change each others minds. However it was a good discussion. You think Bernie simply won't suite the United States position in the world as a superpower, while I think he could (I would like to hear more about his foreign policy before making any definitive statements).

As a side note I do actually think that the Presidency should be split into 2 jobs. It's too much to manage the domestic and foreign affairs of the USA all in one person. The USA should have a president as a commander and chief in charge of mainly foreign affairs and diplomacy and as a chief go between for the military and the Executive/Legislative branch. While there should be a Prime Minister (For lack of a better word) type who handles domestic affairs and works with Congress and the Senate to handle those issues. Even if you split those jobs it may be too much for one person to handle, let alone the current office of the presidency.

This is why you are a loser, and will continue to lose the political argument, anyone who doesn't have his sociopathic head up his well traveled sphincter know that the rich and corporations are bribing politicians to keep and create special tax loopholes. The system is corrupt and it's why establishment politicians are held in such low regard.

Perfect argument for a flat or fair tax...

Flat taxes proposals have no deductions therefore no loopholes.

If people believe that the rich and incorporated pay for special treatment through politician favor, then we simply pull the favoritism lever, ie the current 70k page tax code. No credits, no deductions, no favoritism. It's really the pure definition of fair share.

This was @Franz Kafka as we'll.

Edited by B-Large

• 2 weeks later...

f5ccaaadf359829eeb5e5e9d99876560_bigger. NYT Politics @nytpolitics 7h7 hours ago

Ben Carson coolly defended himself against Donald Trump’s claim that he lacked energy. http://nyti.ms/1EW6s2R

COzdpluW8AEPkT8.jpg

‘A startlingly stupid statement’: Gov. Jerry Brown calls pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson a ‘science denier’

http://twitchy.com/2015/09/13/a-startlingly-stupid-statement-gov-jerry-brown-calls-pediatric-neurosurgeon-dr-ben-carson-a-science-denier/

mis-information is all they have.

Edited by B-Man

The VA plan sounds pretty underwhelming, but he said SOMETHING, I guess

His immigration plan is likewise weak tea. He will seal off the border? Ok. And what "goodies" is he talking about? Health care? Education? And he wants the immigrants to basically be third class non-citizens. Not very human of the good doctor

This little gem could be sign of things to come. It was civil, well articulated, and without insult. Each party let the other speak, and actually seemed to address each others' arguments. It turns out that there was some agreement between the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T73LS6e1Rc

It'd be damned refreshing to have an election cycle of respectful debate.

It'd be damned refreshing to have an election cycle of
Carson is a lightweight, really has nothing to say. In that case what difference does it make that he's mild mannered?

Did he perform surgery on your brain, or you just hate him cause he's younger than Bern?

Trying to hold on to his ten minutes of fame!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politics/ben-carson-muslim-president-2016/index.html

Washington (CNN)Ben Carson says the United States should not elect a Muslim president.

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."