Unlike Kiper's A- grade, Texan's Johnson not happy…

...with his team after the draft.

http://profootballta...-texans-future/

Sorry, I know we're getting sick of the Kiper stuff but I couldn't help it after reading this story that has a former Bills QB as a big part of it...LOL It just goes to show you that there are two realities, there's the draft expert nimrods like Mel Kiper and then there's the guys who actually play the game. The reality for the players on the Texans is that Ryan Fitzpatrick is their starting QB. Yet Kiper somehow gave them a A-, even though they failed to snag a legitimate franchise QB prospect like Bortles, Manzeil, Bridgewater or Carr. That guy Savage is at least a two year project before they know what they have in him.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually pretty surprised that Andre Johnson is still a Texan. He has been pretty un-happy there for a while. I almost expected them to try to trade him during the draft. Thing is, if he just wants to rack up numbers, he could do worse than Fitz.

Edited by Buftex

I am actually pretty surprised that Andre Johnson is still a Texan. He has been pretty un-happy there for a while. I almost expected them to try to trade him during the draft. Thing is, if he just wants to rack up numbers, he could do worse than Fitz.

Johnson has a big cap hit and getting up there in years so he's hard to move and he can't do much worse than Fitz. Johnson runs deep routes and longer than normal post patterns. Not Fitz's strong points.

Johnson has a big cap hit and getting up there in years so he's hard to move and he can't do much worse than Fitz. Johnson runs deep routes and longer than normal post patterns. Not Fitz's strong points.

He isn't going to be hard to move. He still had 109 catches and 1400 yards last season. They could still net a second round pick for him.

Obrien has been a bit of a qb guru. I could see him getting the most out of fitz/savage. I don't think that's a contender this year but I could see them in the wildcard mix if things bounce their way a little.

...with his team after the draft.

http://profootballta...-texans-future/

Sorry, I know we're getting sick of the Kiper stuff but I couldn't help it after reading this story that has a former Bills QB as a big part of it...LOL It just goes to show you that there are two realities, there's the draft expert nimrods like Mel Kiper and then there's the guys who actually play the game. The reality for the players on the Texans is that Ryan Fitzpatrick is their starting QB. Yet Kiper somehow gave them a A-, even though they failed to snag a legitimate franchise QB prospect like Bortles, Manzeil, Bridgewater or Carr. That guy Savage is at least a two year project before they know what they have in him.

So now can we finally just agree to ignore him ?

Would not be surprised he gets alot of hits from Buffalo Bills fanswho like to get lathered up about some one or entity thing disrespecting Buffalo and the Bills.

You make a valid point that is so obvious he is not going to be pro Bills ever. Our Ralph must have told him to "go jump in a lake " or something at some point

LOL

Obrien has been a bit of a qb guru. I could see him getting the most out of fitz/savage. I don't think that's a contender this year but I could see them in the wildcard mix if things bounce their way a little.

You become a qb guru for working with Tom Brady? I could be a qb guru then. :)

Honestly, the Tom Savage hype is crazy. How many Qbs bounce around 3 schools (none particularly good) to become success in the NFL.

Johnson should want out. He's still a beast. NE should try to trade for him but they won't give up any of their valuable draft picks so they can trade down in next year's draft. :)

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Didnt you say that about the Bills with Fitz at some point in time N S . Or at least think it . With Fitz managing the game Bills could get a spot ?

I did .

Edited by 3rdand12

The really good players that are already making enough money mostly want one thing...the ring!

He knows he doesn't have 3-4 years while the latest experiment at QB tries to develop. A lot of players come in with high expectations, and the start to fade when you join a losing org...cough, cough.

Didnt you say that about the Bills with Fitz at some point in time N S . Or at least think it . With Fitz managing the game Bills could get a spot ?

I did .

Yea - and I still think fitz can qb a 9-7 season on a strong team. Give him a top ten defense, strong running game, and Andre Johnson and I think he can, potentially. He'd be a primary limiting factor and that's about best case, but possible.

I mean, he went 6-10 with the Dave wannstedt defense, and starting WRs consisting of Stevie and Donald jones(?)

Edited by NoSaint

Yea - and I still think fitz can qb a 9-7 season on a strong team. Give him a top ten defense, strong running game, and Andre Johnson and I think he can, potentially. He'd be a primary limiting factor and that's about best case, but possible.

I mean, he went 6-10 with the Dave wannstedt defense, and starting WRs consisting of Stevie and Donald jones(?)

oh i know. But i thought Gailey was creating an offense that catered to the players (or lack of ). I cheered for Ryan believe me. Edited by 3rdand12

Yeah, but where does (most likely) 8-8 get them? Probably out of the top 10 and out of the running for the (currently top) QB prospects in Winston, Mariota, and Petty.

I actually liked the Texans not reaching for a QB. You don't take a QB unless you think he is the guy. Why waste a pick on a player just to satisfy your fanbase? Savage is a young guy who is a project but they got him in the 4th. Fitz is a innings eater QB, decent enough to hold down the fort and ideally a backup.

If your scouting staff and coaching staff felt like there was no QB's worth taking why waste the pick? You got a dynamic defensive player 1st overall, a really good guard in round 2, and some good players in the later rounds.