Maybin Retires

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "one good football game" against, was it Central Florida??? Even PSU fans knew he was a one hit wonder.

But in the end, It's not Maybin we sould loath, its the incredibly ridiculous front office people who drafted him when they did.

Interestingly, he is one of the few 1st round picks that both Mel Kiper and Adam Shafter liked of the Bills in recent years. . . . just further evidence

I believe it was against Temple. I think 5 of his 10 sacks for the year came in that game. I was watching with my friend who is a Penn St alum that draft & he cringed when we drafted Maybin. Said it will go down as one of the worst 1st round picks in Bills history. Man did he nail that one.

Edited by Gordio

I will argue against all comers that Maybin - because of his draft position, utter lack of production while on the team and the players at his position that we passed over to draft him - was the single worst draft choice in the history of the Bills. If you look back at it, the 2009 draft was a very strange draft indeed. Many, many busts in the top ten (Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Sanchez, Heyward-Bey) and yet, when the Bills drafted 11 looking for defensive help on the front seven they passed over Orakpo, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews! Incredible.

I will argue against all comers that Maybin - because of his draft position, utter lack of production while on the team and the players at his position that we passed over to draft him - was the single worst draft choice in the history of the Bills. If you look back at it, the 2009 draft was a very strange draft indeed. Many, many busts in the top ten (Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Sanchez, Heyward-Bey) and yet, when the Bills drafted 11 looking for defensive help on the front seven they passed over Orakpo, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews! Incredible.

Walt Patulski (#1 overall pick). Al Cowlings. Tom Cousineau.

should we start a pool for when he files for bankruptcy

just a terrible pick, still cant believe it actually

if only the guy in front of Maybin on the depth chart at Penn State didnt get hurt we may not even know who he even is

Walt Patulski (#1 overall pick). Al Cowlings. Tom Cousineau.

Patulski started and played for a couple of years but being #1 overall he's in the running. Cowlings was terrible. Cousineau we turned into picks, one of which I think was used to select Jim Kelly. I'd also nominate Phil Dokes and a personal favorite is Fred Swenson. Same year we drafted Patulski we drafted Swenson (the other Norte Dame DE) with the first pick of the third round (which would be equivalvent to a mid 2nd rounder these days). He was CUT IN TRAINING CAMP, never played a single down in the NFL.

Bigger 2009 "Aaron" bust - Maybin or Curry?

It's gotta be Aaron Curry. He was said to be the only "can't miss" prospect in that draft and the safest pick at any position.

The Bills' Maybin pick was panned by many, but 100% of the talking heads & NFL people liked Curry.

If he has saved all that money he earned with the Bills (Roughly $20M) then he is set for life. However, as often life goes, I am sure the agents pressure them to invest in bad properties and have them lose money. I hope folks like him go on to use that money to create more jobs for the area.