Lesean McCoy tweets Bryce will start day 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I heard he tried to bounce most runs outside last year... but from videos I saw, I liked that he made cuts inside, and towards the middle of the field quite often.

That all being said... I think it's awesome we'll have three RBs who could potentially be very productive this year. The more good players, the better. If one of them doesn't get the playing time they think they deserve, then so what, that means the other(s) are playing that awesome. :)

He's just trying to be supportive. This guy can't hold a candle to Spiller. Who himself can't hold a candle to Freddie.

If you think this, you are wrong. Brown is one hell of a player. I follow the Eagles more closely than most on this board do for personal reasons.

I am pumped the BIlls got Brown. He is going to be on the field more often than not.

Edited by CountDorkula

<snip>

Only knock is protecting the ball. If they can solve that, he will help us win ... no doubt.

He had zero fumbles last season so I think we can consider that resolved.

Joe 6 pack's highlight video showed four games, two of which I can confirm were pre season so lets not get ahead of ourselves. The guy has a lot of promise and all the intangibles so I say lets give the guy a shot. Our O-Line was already pretty good last season and looks like it will get much better. I relish putting a three headed monster of a running game out there no huddle. Think about it, if we run 65% of the time effectively, at 20-25 seconds between snaps how can an opposing defense effectively guard against even a halfway decent passing game? Lets not kid ourselves, we have some weapons E.J. can air it out to...

This trade made us forget pretty fast about another rb that was released from the bills mid-season. Remember that guy? I already forgot his name, but the Bills wore his number in Practice after his release.

Lot of things to like about this guy:

1. Speed to get outside on 1st run

2. Footwork on run @ 0:40

3. Agility run starts @ 0:53

4. Sets up blocks run @ @ 1:35

5. Presence to know he wasn't down on run @ 1:50

6. Understated confidence answering question @ 3:19

7. Doesn't shy from hits run @ 2:35

Keeps his eyes down field every run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maJzY6tYzGg

Only knock is protecting the ball. If they can solve that, he will help us win ... no doubt.

That run he made around the :59 second mark scares me... Hopefully he learns/learned to not carry the ball like a loaf of bread... There were 2-3 times on that play alone where his arm was extended with the ball unprotected away from his body.... Very indicative of why he has ball security issues

That run he made around the :59 second mark scares me... Hopefully he learns/learned to not carry the ball like a loaf of bread... There were 2-3 times on that play alone where his arm was extended with the ball unprotected away from his body.... Very indicative of why he has ball security issues

The run where he broke 4 tackles, and did not fumble?

I've said this before but it is worth repeating, nobody ever carries a loaf of bread like a football player carries a football when he is carrying it like a loaf of bread.

Lesean McCoy@CutonDime25 17h

@Fred22Jackson yeah fam just let me know a number ....but wait is this really u???

Lesean McCoy@CutonDime25 3m

@Fred22Jackson I ain't know if it was u ... Thought u were a lil to OLD!! for twitter lol but grandpa Freddy u a beast (real talk)

Fred JacksonVerified account@Fred22Jackson

@CutonDime25 Oh yeah! It's Me! Open up that check book Bruh Bruh and let me know what u wanna lose!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Lesean McCoy@CutonDime25 17h

@Fred22Jackson yeah fam just let me know a number ....but wait is this really u???

Lesean McCoy@CutonDime25 3m

@Fred22Jackson I ain't know if it was u ... Thought u were a lil to OLD!! for twitter lol but grandpa Freddy u a beast (real talk)

Fred JacksonVerified account@Fred22Jackson

@CutonDime25 Oh yeah! It's Me! Open up that check book Bruh Bruh and let me know what u wanna lose!

Hahaha, love it Freddy.

Lets be clear, I think the pick up of Brown was an excellent pickup. Kid has a lot of potential and both our RB's are in final years and Freddy is old and injury prone last 3 years. That being said, Brown will not be the day 1 starter even though I do see a valuable role for him this year.

This is Spillers team now. I actually think Fred is going to be more of a situational player to try and keep him healthy. He won't be getting 40-50% of the carries if Spiller is healthy, especially now with Brown in the fold. I love Fred, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and his body hasn't been cooperating with him last couple of years.

The way I see it is Spiller will start and is going to get the most touches (50-60%) and Brown and Fred will split the rest. As much as I love Fred, I actually think Brown is going to eat into his carries a lot this year as the season moves on to both preserve Fred and also because Brown is a tough runner but also more explosive. Next year, Fred won't be resigned unless its on the cheap as a 3rd RB, Spiller likely is because I expect a bounce back season and RB's aren't getting huge contracts anymore, so I see the Bills finding common ground to keep him.

Next season we would feature a 2 headed attack of Spiller and Brown which I think is even more dangerous than Spiller and Fred as Brown is just as tough but more explosive. And hopefully we can bring Fred back and have him as a backup and a guy who can spell them from time to time.

Bottom line: I think we went from having one of the top 5 RB situations in the league, to easily top 3 and an argument could be made for #1 when everyone is healthy. Philly also has a strong case for #1 as well, which is why Brown was expendable.

Edited by Alphadawg7