RD3, Pick #73: Preston Brown ILB, Louisville

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hoping for Gabe Jackson or David Yankee, but I get why they like this kid.

Jackson or Yankey in the 4 th would be huge. If we did that I think the only position we missed is DE. You always miss something.

True...

But I also think this pick has a lot to do with how they view Bradham as the primary back-up LB... I'm getting the feeling they're not in love with Nigel...

Maybe. But they really don't have a lot of back-ups. Manny Lawson is now a defensive end. Unless Ty Powell turns out to be a reliable back-up, they need another guy in addition to Bradham. They have Kiko, Spikes and Rivers as starters, and Bradham, now Brown and Powell as the next three. Lawson would likely play if there is an injury, but in the press conference just now on Brown, Whaley specifically said that Lawson and Hughes are DEs in this defense.

Yes. Why is he falling sooo far?

Big medical flag on him. FBG Dr. Jene Bramel said:

Clear concerns for Louis Nix with meniscus and cartilage worries, multiple PRP treatments. Big defensive linemen with knee issues worrisome.

Wouldn't Brown be the primary backup to Spikes and an occasional backup at Sam? The pick makes perfect sense and a possible starter in a year if Spikes ends up leaving. You can't view every pick as a starter right away and look at these picks logically folks. BPA at a position needing depth!

Maybe. But they really don't have a lot of back-ups. Manny Lawson is now a defensive end. Unless Ty Powell turns out to be a reliable back-up, they need another guy in addition to Bradham. They have Kiko, Spikes and Rivers as starters, and Bradham, now Brown and Powell as the next three. Lawson would likely play if there is an injury, but in the press conference just now on Brown, Whaley specifically said that Lawson and Hughes are DEs in this defense.

Fair enough... :thumbsup:

Whaley said he was the #1 guy left on their board. Said he can play all 3 LB spots so he provides much needed depth. I also think they brought him as insurance on Keith Rivers.

Big, physical thumper at LB that the Bills have been missing. Adding Spikes and now Brown brings a lot more aggressiveness and physical play to our LB corp.

No question the run defense needs to be improved so adding another thumper is fiNE by me

Spikes is twice the man this kid is, don't like the pick unless we already plan to have Spikes for only 1 year.

We needed a backup for Spikes no matter what, and, we needed a backup plan for Spikes as well.

I wish we got Chricton, but MIN was ahead of us, and I seriously doubt anybody would have traded with us.

Isn't Nix a true 3-4 NT? Doesn't seem like a fit for this D.

Not only that, but, he goes from rocky mountain....to squishy goo, that can be rolled aside....when he gets tired.

If you are 22 years old, and you get "tired"? At this level? No thanks.

Whaley said he was the #1 guy left on their board. Said he can play all 3 LB spots so he provides much needed depth. I also think they brought him as insurance on Keith Rivers.

Big, physical thumper at LB that the Bills have been missing. Adding Spikes and now Brown brings a lot more aggressiveness and physical play to our LB corp.

No question the run defense needs to be improved so adding another thumper is fiNE by me

Yep, and that's the other part. Injuries happen, and, there's nothing wrong with this kid providing competition to both Spikes and Rivers, learning both spots, etc.

Love it!