Taj Boyd

I almost made the same thread but worried I would get scolded.

I would say 4th round, definitely consider it.

I like everything the Bills have done. But, we have now given up...this years 6th and next years 1st and 4th. So, we can't spend a 4th, or even our 5th on a backup. 7th maybe. UFA would be great. But, I do like Taj Boyd as a flier.

I think Zach Mettenberger needs to be in consideration. He has all the physical tools, moreso than both Manziel or Bortles. He had an injury and limited starts but could be worth a late round flyer.

With my wife being an LSU alum, I have seen more than my fair share of Mettenberger. I would have to respectfully disagree with him having more physical tools than Manziel OR Bortles, with his arm strength perhaps an upgrade over Bortles. I just never saw anything from Mettenberger that overwhelmed me or greatly impressed me. With that said, I wouldn't be upset with giving up a 6th or 7th rounder on him....

Boyd, Bridgewater, Murray. I remember last year when we were thinking we were going to take a QB all of those guys were possibilities. If we can get one of them on the cheap then definitely do it. Tuel has a chance to be a good backup in the league but we need to take chances on guys that can be starters. All of those guys have the pedigree to do so in the right situation

I've been watching the same highlights.

Pass.

His mechanics are horrible. And, if you wanna see what a real "1 read/half the field, then run QB" looks like(and therefore, have visual confirmation that this is NOT EJ's game)? Watch Taj Boyd. The difference is readily apparent.

In fact, I just texted: "I bet half the reason Watkins is so good at catching the ball/extending the window...is because this QB throws the ball all over the place."

I'd have Taj Boyd as a flanker or a halfback in my Chip Kelley Offense in a heartbeat, but not as a QB.

With my wife being an LSU alum, I have seen more than my fair share of Mettenberger. I would have to respectfully disagree with him having more physical tools than Manziel OR Bortles, with his arm strength perhaps an upgrade over Bortles. I just never saw anything from Mettenberger that overwhelmed me or greatly impressed me. With that said, I wouldn't be upset with giving up a 6th or 7th rounder on him....

Agreed, the only game I was truly impressed with Mettenberger was in a loss last year against Georgia between the hedges. He was a true warrior in that game. But he was also playing with a chip on his shoulder that day since Richt kicked him off the team a few years ago.

I like everything the Bills have done. But, we have now given up...this years 6th and next years 1st and 4th. So, we can't spend a 4th, or even our 5th on a backup. 7th maybe. UFA would be great. But, I do like Taj Boyd as a flier.

I don't see it this way at all. A good backup QB is worth a 4th or 5th round pick, especially if you have a better grade on him than other positions.

I've been watching Sammy's highlights, if Boyd drops all the way to the 7th or is even an UFA, I would now be in favor. Reminds me of a bigger version of .......wait for it, Thad Lewis. :flirt:

I spent an hour watching Watkins highlights last night and I kept thinking, Boyd really reads the field well. I thought of the Thad Lewis comparison too. I'd be fine with taking him in the 5th. Backup QB should be a priority. We're all rooting for EJ, but health is a concern.

Addendum - I'm no scout, only saw a few Clemson games and was somewhere between drunk and very drunk last night.

Edited by Thisistheyear

4th is about right, he has better career nubers that the rest of this group.

I've been watching the same highlights.

Pass.

His mechanics are horrible. And, if you wanna see what a real "1 read/half the field, then run QB" looks like(and therefore, have visual confirmation that this is NOT EJ's game)? Watch Taj Boyd. The difference is readily apparent.

In fact, I just texted: "I bet half the reason Watkins is so good at catching the ball/extending the window...is because this QB throws the ball all over the place."

I'd have Taj Boyd as a flanker or a halfback in my Chip Kelley Offense in a heartbeat, but not as a QB.

Agreed.

GO BILLS!!!

I spent an hour watching Watkins highlights last night and I kept thinking, Boyd really reads the field well. I thought of the Thad Lewis comparison too. I'd be fine with taking him in the 5th. Backup QB should be a priority. We're all rooting for EJ, but health is a concern.

Addendum - I'm no scout, only saw a few Clemson games and was somewhere between drunk and very drunk last night.

I remember when your avatar was the coolest game on earth.