RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

I LOVE THIS MOVE. No picks given up this year.Possibly the best player/weapon in the draft. I truly think they intend to give EJ more than next year, and other needs can always be picked up in FA next year to overcome the 1st round pick. Fortune favors the bold. Why not try something new??? Bennett 2.0.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm shocked at some of the stupid comments. We did NOT trade 2 -1st rd picks!! We swapped 1sts this year and used next years 1st & 4th to get the best offensive talent in the Draft. BTW, I agree with Beerball, its ALL on EJ now.

@buffalobills

Whaley: #Bills gave up a No. 1 pick, but "we expect it to be a low pick"

Russ Brandon: "This was a conversation during the week, but it was on-the-clock type conversations" @Browns #BillsDraft

Whaley: "@sammywatkins is open when he's covered" #BillsDraft

Whaley: "He was the best on our board" @sammywatkins

Russ Brandon: "When Bortles was taken by @jaguars, (trade talks) picked up"

Size is great but I think at WR a lot of posters overrate it.... Dynamic players come in a variety if sizes and it's not like these guys are 5'6 145lbs

I'm only worried about it in the redzone, honestly. Hopefully EJ can see the field and predict routes better his second year :)

I LOVE THIS MOVE. No picks given up this year.Possibly the best player/weapon in the draft. I truly think they intend to give EJ more than next year, and other needs can always be picked up in FA next year to overcome the 1st round pick. Fortune favors the bold. Why not try something new??? Bennett 2.0.

GO BILLS!!!

If we believe the pre-draft analysis, Watkins is the only guy Bills should have traded up for. But it does likely signal the end of Stevie

At the very least I'd bet next February will be a choice between Stevie and Williams.

Really hate this trade. Giving up next year's #1 when Evans would have been available at 6 or 7 is foolish. We very likely traded two top-10 picks for #4.

Watkins is so much better. I'm pumped.

If the team needs a QB next year, then yes, this will set us back 5 years.

Really, because it sounds like you think they need a QB right now. Why will it suddenly set us back 5 years when this whole draft hasn't even finished, there will be 2015 free agency, and another draft to pull a QB from? And this is all insisting that they in fact need a QB next year. Loser mentality.

Build a great team, and if the QB isn't the one, a new one comes in with tons of great weapons to work with.

If we believe the pre-draft analysis, Watkins is the only guy Bills should have traded up for. But it does likely signal the end of Stevie

Idk if it signals the end for him this year. You have Williams who may or may not work out. I think it ends up being between Williams and SJ who the Bills keep after this year.

I'm only worried about it in the redzone, honestly. Hopefully EJ can see the field and predict routes better his second year :)

Well, ideally, that wouldn't be a 4 WR spread situation as much as Freddy, cmac, chandler etc...

LOL!

The usual suspects that B word about the team not being aggressive now B word about this pick, and the cost it took to make it...go figure.

I'm happy to see a front office that has the balls to do something it believes in. The Ebron pick that was the 'conventional wisdom' probably would have resulted in the conventional results...nice player but not special. We now have a special guy in a pass-first league with enough complementary assets surrounding him that he doesn't have to carry the whole passing game on his back.

The 2nd and 3rd pick will determine how this 'calculated risk' will be judged. Get two more instant starters (OL, TE) and next year's number one becomes less of a gamble, IMO.

This aint your stand pat and go for another 6-10 Bills..they are doubling down that this upcoming year is playoffs or bust..they just shocked me, 96.3% of Bills fans and the NFL..Bills are THE team to watch..here comes HBO " Hard Knocks, here comes the national media....Bravo, Whaley and Marrone...The grew a pair and said we take a stand we make a move NOW...Bravo Bills freaking Bravo!!!

Idk if it signals the end for him this year. You have Williams who may or may not work out. I think it ends up being between Williams and SJ who the Bills keep after this year.