Don't be shocked to see Mack go #1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 100% certain that it'd be Clowney no matter who owned the pick, but I backed off and now think it'll be Mack. If it is then Clowney may end up dropping to three which would be the launching point for trades if Jacksonville doesn't take him.

If Mack goes 1, then trading up for the 2nd pick Clowney, maybe doesn't cost as much.

Truthfully, that is probably the opposite of what will occur. Clowney drops and the cost for #2 reaches what it would have cost for 1.

I got a feeling that Mack will be just an average player. Everyone talks about the Ohio St game, which was great but I watched three of his games against teams in the MAC and he was invisible. Now that isn't enough games to fully judge a player but until he proves it in the NFL I'm skeptical.

If he is valued as much as the hype from the Ohio State game then it would make sense for Houston to take him as they run a 3-4, and he is perfect in that environment. With us going with Schwartz, and back primarily to a 4-3, it doesn't make sense for Buffalo to move up for him, but it does for Clowney.

Personally, I'd love Clowney in our defense.

If he is valued as much as the hype from the Ohio State game then it would make sense for Houston to take him as they run a 3-4, and he is perfect in that environment. With us going with Schwartz, and back primarily to a 4-3, it doesn't make sense for Buffalo to move up for him, but it does for Clowney.

Personally, I'd love Clowney in our defense.

I agree with everything except the indication that he doesn't fit a 4-3. He can play four positions in a 4-3. He'd be a great 4-3 SAM.

When was the last time a LB went #1 overall? I can't think of any instances.

Aundray Bruce 1988. How did that work out?

Oh, and the time before that? 1979, Tom Cousineau to the...Buffalo Bills.

Aundray Bruce 1988. How did that work out?

Oh, and the time before that? 1979, Tom Cousineau to the...Buffalo Bills.

Yeah that is what I figured. Clowney is the pick @ the one spot. I can't believe any team would think differently in this draft.

I got a feeling that Mack will be just an average player. Everyone talks about the Ohio St game, which was great but I watched three of his games against teams in the MAC and he was invisible. Now that isn't enough games to fully judge a player but until he proves it in the NFL I'm skeptical.

I agree. He'll likely drop to nine. But if we draft him, it should only be so we can turn around and trade him for John Skelton. I don't care if he is a free agent.