Peter King: Bills love the ODB jr.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most understand that there is a lot of false info out there. But it's still fun to try and sift through. And peter king is about as connected as there is.

Which is exactly why you don't leak your true plans to him. He's like the Oprah of sportswriters, only he gossips more.

Definitely not my favorite pick, but if they can trade down and acquire another 2nd round pick in the process, its not so bad.

same,

While everyone here must already know who I want to draft. Let me just say i'd like to steal him out from under the NY Jests.

such a deep draft with so much talent, I only hope they can gain a few long term starters out of this year

Clearly, King has been in contact with the Bills....

"Of all the years I haven’t known anything entering the draft, this is really the year I don’t know anything. I texted congratulations to a general manager with a top-10 pick Sunday, saying he deserved praise because no one around the league knew what he was doing at his pick.

“Ha!’’ this GM texted back. “Neither do we :)

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/06/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-khalil-mack-houston-texans/

At some point, the Bills (and their fans) are going to learn that you don't get better by cutting/trading your few good players (i.e., Stevie) and drafting their replacements. You get better by keeping your good players and supplementing them with other good players from the draft.

Absolutely. You look at championship teams and with few exceptions they have depth and in most cases veteran depth. Guys get hurt, you need somebody to step in. You move a guy like SJ and one or two of your receivers goes down for a couple weeks and you're in big trouble, maybe the entire season goes down in flames because you've got some rookie street free agent starting because you got rid of a guy like SJ?

For the Bills, I would prefer Evans or Ebron in the 1st and an OT like Moses or Kouandjio in the 2nd if either is there.

I think most if not all of these stories and tweets about the 'Bills love' this guy or that guy or they're looking to trade up are smokescreens and misinformation. Teams are gaming the draft board and potential picks with each other in order to create some uncertainty. Maybe somebody jumps up in front up you and picks a player they think you like and now the guy you actually want falls in your lap because a couple teams made moves as a result of the bogus storyline you put out?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

A little perspective on this...and this time of the year...

http://www.nfl.com/n...lls-draft-board

Just saying... B-)

Nice Call. I think this for the benefit of someone like the 49ers, with all those picks.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346808/article/brandin-cooks-odell-beckham-could-be-targets-for-49ers-jets

To be fair, OBJ will be a #1WR IMO.

Well if Whaley believes this as well and he can get this guy at #9, or better still trade down and still get him then fantastic!

But the Bills certainly can't afford a whiff on this, so he better be pretty damn sure.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'd be shocked if the Bills aquire any more WRs as there are already too many on the roster. Stevie, Williams, Woods, Goodwin, Graham, Easley and Hogan and there are more guys just playing for a practice squad spot.

But we need a true #1. Graham and Hogan won't make the team if they draft one. IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure how much better watkins is to Beckham. Beckham is play maker , take it to the house player. Having him and and healthy spiller gives the Bills two players with that ability. Beckham and williams on the outside , stevie in the slot , woods and goodwin in the wings.

I can get a tackle in round 2

It'd be weird if they didn't love a lot of players right now. There are about to be a lot of really good talents coming into the league.

That's something Buddy always said...You can't Draft them all...You would if you could...Agree with Buddy or not...he was right about that much,,,And in this Draft that goes double...Maybe triple...I heard someone say recently (probably on NFL Network...can't remember...but I think it was Charles Davis...) he's talked to teams that have as many as 180 prospects in this Draft with eventual starter grades...

I could see OBJ in a trade down as a possibility...But even then I think they would prefer Ebron or Martin, maybe even Kouandjio...I think if the Draft falls in such a way that Martin, Ebron, and Lewan are still there at #9 the Bills will look to bail-out (hopefully to a QB needy team) and grab an extra pick...Then they can land one of those three, OBJ, or Cyrus ahead of Miami and NY... B-)

Not a fan even if they traded down. The only WR I want to burn a pick on is someone that brings something completely different to the table, like Watkins or Evans. Both those guys would bring something special and different then what we have.

As far as I'm concerned, any WR brought in other then those two is automatically the 4th WR, at best. We can make a much bigger impact on this roster at a different position.

I'd rather get Donald or Gilbert then ODB at this point. My heart is still set on Matthews and I'm really hoping there is a run on QBs and he somehow drops

To be fair, OBJ will be a #1WR IMO.

Maybe so...But you can't deny it's becoming a rarity in the NFL to have a #1 WR that is under 6 ft tall...And outside of Desean Jackson, Antonio Brown, an aging Steve Smith...There's just not many left out there that can be considered true #1's under 6 ft tall...I do think OBJ is a very good player...But I'm thinking he has the look of a very good #2 more than a sure fire #1...And I'd rather not use #9 overall on a WR under 6 ft, especially in this Draft... B-)

Maybe so...But you can't deny it's becoming a rarity in the NFL to have a #1 WR that is under 6 ft tall...And outside of Desean Jackson, Antonio Brown, an aging Steve Smith...There's just not many left out there that can be considered true #1's under 6 ft tall...I do think OBJ is a very good player...But I'm thinking he has the look of a very good #2 more than a sure fire #1...And I'd rather not use #9 overall on a WR under 6 ft, especially in this Draft... B-)

Trust me I have been saying it should be Evans, or no WR in the draft, for the Bills. Based on what I perceive to other areas that need upgraded, I hope it is Evans, FTR. But was just responding to the post about having so many 2's and 3's and we don't need OBJ. Maybe, but he is projected to be better than anyone on on our roster.