Peter King: Bills love the ODB jr.

Trust me I have been saying it should be Evans, or no WR in the draft, for the Bills. Based on what I perceive to other areas that need upgraded, I hope it is Evans, FTR. But was just responding to the post about having so many 2's and 3's and we don't need OBJ. Maybe, but he is projected to be better than anyone on on our roster.

Well...that's not saying much... :lol:

Kidding...I hear what you're saying... :thumbsup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what King had to say about the Bills in his column after the Bills drafted EJ.

I think the Bills could be CIA agents. E.J. Manuel over Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib? If you had that one, you are either Doug Marrone's wife or Buddy Nix's mantra-keeper. But Manuel is the kind of versatile quarterback -- the guy Jon Gruden firmly believes is the best all-around quarterback and team leader in the draft -- who should have a long career in the league. Great career? No one knows, and God knows the Bills have had their failures since Jim Kelly retired.

I doubt too much has changed this year in terms of true information getting out.

The Bills said the same thing about Tavon Austin last year as well to generate trade interest for the eighth pick.

This just SCREAMS smokescreen. ODB Jr. is the guy half the teams drafting behind us want to trade up for and now we magically 'love' him.

Agreed...OBJ has pretty much established himself as the #3 WR in this Draft...And again the similarities to Austin last year can't be overlooked...

All that being said this is an incredibly deep Draft at WR...Some say the deepest ever at that position...So hoping for any team to truly fall in love enough to trade up for a WR not named Watkins or Evans could be wishful thinking... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Agreed...OBJ has pretty much established himself as the #3 WR in this Draft...And again the similarities to Austin last year can't be overlooked...

All that being said this is an incredibly deep Draft at WR...Some say the deepest ever at that position...So hoping for any team to truly fall in love enough to trade up for a WR not named Watkins or Evans could be wishful thinking... B-)

I agree but consider teams like the Jets and SF, even Cleveland who have tons of picks and this guy would be an impact player day 1 on those teams. I think they would be willing to give up a pick for him.

Trade down a spot or two and take him. Say bye bye to Stevie.

The Stevie hate here always surprises me. Ok so maybe he isn't a true number one (it would be interesting to see what consistent QB play would bring) the guy is still starting on virtually every team in the NFL. I can't really even think of a starting lineup he wouldn't crack this year. So people want to get rid of a guy because he isn't a number one. The Bills will have 2-3 WRs on the field EVERY play.

The Stevie hate here always surprises me. Ok so maybe he isn't a true number one (it would be interesting to see what consistent QB play would bring) the guy is still starting on virtually every team in the NFL. I can't really even think of a starting lineup he wouldn't crack this year. So people want to get rid of a guy because he isn't a number one. The Bills will have 2-3 WRs on the field EVERY play.

He is a solid #2 and I absolutely do not want to get rid of him. I think his effectiveness decreases as a #1.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 1m

Mentioned earlier the #Jets are looking to trade up. Their target is the Top 10, and I’m told they are very hot on #LSU WR Odell Beckham.

Trade down a spot or two and take him. Say bye bye to Stevie.

:thumbdown:

Crawl%20low%20in%20a%20smoke-filled%20building.preview.gif

Thanks i get that mixed up with " seek higher ground "

Smokescreen I bet the Bills put that out there hoping someone is willing to trade with them. It makes no sense with all the WRs on the team to draft another one. Are we going to be running 4 wide all game.

not without Matthews !

2 2nds from the jets

ooohh nice

The price would be higher since the Bills would have face him twice a a season.

It was rumored when the Colts were in the Afc East and traded Faulk for a 2nd and a 5th the Dolphins offered significantly more. Colts wouldn't trade him in division or conference for that matter.

I'd pass on Beckham at 9.

This is what King had to say about the Bills in his column after the Bills drafted EJ.

I doubt too much has changed this year in terms of true information getting out.

The Bills said the same thing about Tavon Austin last year as well to generate trade interest for the eighth pick.

Another good catch. People take these rumors & sources before the draft way too serious.

That said, I do think ODB is a good player & has a great nickname. But he's not what the Bills need.

Jets have 12 picks so I can see them making a deal to move up

The more I think about it...The more I think it makes sense for the Jets and Tampa to deal...The Jets would have to give up #18, #49, and either #80 or two of their three 4th round picks to get up to #7...It makes sense for Tampa because they can still get a Marquise Lee or Brandon Cooks at #18...Both of whom would be nice compliments to Vincent Jackson...Or they can go Defense at #18 and take a WR at #38...The Jets can possibly move up to #7, get OBJ, and still have a 3rd, a 4th, and seven more picks after that...

Just saying... B-)

Then what? Count on Mike Williams and a rookie WR? Makes zero sense to me.

agreed.

stevie isn't durable but he's a great wideout. people seem to forget that he's a timing guy-- he's not a go up and get the jump ball type of player. most receivers aren't.

this season if EJ and stevie stay healthy and get their timing down everyone will shut up about SJ13 not being good enough. it's starting to annoy me.